Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
County vs Ayr 15/12/2018
Big game at the top of the table. A game we really can't afford to lose with the chance of Ayr going four clear with a game in hand.

I'd take a scrappy 0-0 at the minute.

Fox

Fraser
Morris
Grivosti
Stelios

Draper
Vigurs
Lindsay

Mullin
Midge

Mckay
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(12-13-2018, 07:15 PM)Despot Wrote: Big game at the top of the table. A game we really can't afford to lose with the chance of Ayr going four clear with a game in hand.

I'd take a scrappy 0-0 at the minute.

Fox

Fraser
Morris
Grivosti
Stelios

Draper
Vigurs
Lindsay

Mullin
Midge

Mckay

Presume you mean Watson rather than Morris. He saved us several times on Saturday with two exceptional blocks included.
Love to see Vigurs and Midge back but would they have the fitness to start.
Definitely need to get some drive back into the team in what is an exceptionally important game.

Win this and many of our recent worries will be put aside for while, especially if some regulars make convincing come backs. Best of luck all, wish I was at home for this one.

Surely if the weather forecast is accurate for this weekend then this game will not go ahead? Meant to be raging snow/rain all day, and given how late the Ayr vs Inverness game was called off I don't trust them to make a decision before 14:45 on the day.

(12-13-2018, 10:14 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: Presume you mean Watson rather than Morris. He saved us several times on Saturday with two exceptional blocks included.
Love to see Vigurs and Midge back but would they have the fitness to start.
Definitely need to get some drive back into the team in what is an exceptionally important game.

Vigurs unlikely to be involved. Still not sure what his injury is? #metatarsal but struggling to find the issue. Think he had an mri this week, don't know how it went. REALLY missing his ability to open defences and make killer passes. Midge coming back is a massive positive.
Wouldn't mind the game being postponed, it would give midge and iain a chance to get fully fit!

If game postponed, the rearranged game might not include Shankland!
Think we're are in for a tough time tomorrow and if Shankland is on form then our makeshift defence will simply not cope. Think we will have to score three if we are to have any chance of winning.
Hate postponed games but if it works in our favour then will take it.

(12-14-2018, 01:12 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: If game postponed, the rearranged game might not include Shankland!
Think we're are in for a tough time tomorrow and if Shankland is on form then our makeshift defence will simply not cope. Think we will have to score three if we are to have any chance of winning.
Hate postponed games but if it works in our favour then will take it.

Agreed

Quitely confident of 3 points today

Unchanged side.

Scott Fox, Marcus Fraser, Ross Draper, Jamie Lindsay, Billy Mckay, Stelios Demetriou, Josh Mullin, Keith Watson, Don Cowie, Ross Stewart, Tom Grivosti.

1-0, that man Mullin again!

1-1, Shankland penalty.

2-1 down, Shankland again.

3-1 down, Geggan.

(12-15-2018, 04:04 PM)Despot Wrote: Unchanged side.

Scott Fox, Marcus Fraser, Ross Draper, Jamie Lindsay, Billy Mckay, Stelios Demetriou, Josh Mullin, Keith Watson, Don Cowie, Ross Stewart, Tom Grivosti.

1-0, that man Mullin again!

1-1, Shankland penalty.

2-1 down, Shankland again.

3-1 down, Geggan.

3-1 at half rime. Not really good enough is it.

Hopefully the weather closes in and the game gets abandoned!

(12-15-2018, 04:51 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: 3-1 at half rime. Not really good enough is it.

Half rime? Well I suppose we are half way through a thorough rimming :-(

I take it back, good spirit and belief being shown by the boys. Don't know what Ferg n Ketts have said to them at half time but I'm glad they seem to have listened :-)

This could be a rout. You think the worst and hope for the best. Just not going to happen. Thee is something just not right on tha park at the moment.

3-2 Mckay must have been an absolute rocket up them

3-3

Cowie and according to Sportsound all over Ayr now.

Great second half to salvage a point!

Radio sounded like we nearly won that right at the end, still, can't complain after being 3-1 down and coming back for a point. Whatever was said at half time certainly had an impact!

Credit to come back and win a point. Think we were unlucky in the end. Hoping Calum Morris isn't too far from a comeback.

Beaten Aye 2-1 and now come back from 2 goals down to get a draw away from home. Comfortably 2nd in the table but you wouldn’t think it with some of the comments

(12-15-2018, 06:31 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Beaten Aye 2-1 and now come back from 2 goals down to get a draw away from home. Comfortably 2nd in the table but you wouldn’t think it with some of the comments

Possibly because we aren’t playing well, and should be given the squad we have. Shouldn’t be struggling to grab points, shouldn’t be patting ourselves on the back for a job well done at a 3-3 draw. Dundee would beat us if we were still in the premiership

(12-15-2018, 04:54 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Hopefully the weather closes in and the game gets abandoned!

I had faith we would fight back !

(12-15-2018, 06:40 PM)cdam Wrote: Possibly because we aren’t playing well, and should be given the squad we have. Shouldn’t be struggling to grab points, shouldn’t be patting ourselves on the back for a job well done at a 3-3 draw. Dundee would beat us if we were still in the premiership

Very strange and hypothetical post