Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aloha to Alloa [This Saturday! Yes this Saturday, December 1st!]
Our first league visit to Alloa in 10 years! That season County won the league but were gubbed twice at Recreation Park.

Sounds like there's still some injury issues around the squad. Fontaine is obviously out, and I suspect Morris will miss this one as well. Any idea about Vigurs?

By all accounts the pitch is very narrow at Alloa, so a strong centre midfield is probably required. Ideally Draper starts alongside Lindsay and one other but given the issues at the centre of defence, he may well be playing there.

(11-29-2018, 12:31 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: ... a strong centre midfield is probably required. Ideally Draper starts alongside Lindsay and one other but given the issues at the centre of defence, he may well be playing there.

yes, a strong and energetic midfield is important in front of another makeshift defence combo
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(11-29-2018, 12:31 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Our first league visit to Alloa in 10 years! That season County won the league but were gubbed twice at Recreation Park.

Sounds like there's still some injury issues around the squad. Fontaine is obviously out, and I suspect Morris will miss this one as well. Any idea about Vigurs?

By all accounts the pitch is very narrow at Alloa, so a strong centre midfield is probably required. Ideally Draper starts alongside Lindsay and one other but given the issues at the centre of defence, he may well be playing there.

Draper plays his best football at CH IMO. If I picked the team, luckily I don't, he'd be my 1st pick for CH and would only be used in midfield if required due to injuries.
He seems to have more time on the ball and is able to pick a pass when playing CH. His positional sense is excellent. These aren't things I'd say about him in midfield!

(11-29-2018, 02:34 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Draper plays his best football at CH IMO.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Without Draper in midfield, any long ball into the channels causes mayhem after 30 minutes as Cowie and Vigurs together are unable to cover the grass.

I can't t make this one sadly due to work but I hope we can snatch a 1-0 win. Would not be surprised if we only came away with a point/
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(11-29-2018, 06:05 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-29-2018, 02:34 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Draper plays his best football at CH IMO.

Have you cracked open Maggies Christmas sherry early Jamie???

Pressure cranked up a notch now Ayr are absolutely pumping United at Tannadice.

Well Robbie. You have been well and truly found out tonight........

Your team- comprising the highest paid players in the Championship -were hammered 5-0 at home by a part time outfit. Your side also had no shots on target.

Did you go to the press with another pre-arranged "excuse" this time ?

Would love to see us put in a convincing win in over Alloa to set us up for the run in to Christmas, Ayr Utd proving again that they are to be taken seriously.

(12-01-2018, 03:02 AM)NVACA Wrote: Would love to see us put in a convincing win in over Alloa to set us up for the run in to Christmas, Ayr Utd proving again that they are to be taken seriously.

Our goal difference advantage over Ayr is now out the window, although Dundee United's has taken a beating.

I can see this ending up 0-0, to be honest. Ayr are looking like the best team in the league.

Ayr are the best team in the league, at the moment, anyway.

We need to move the ball faster when we're in possession and maybe mix it up a bit and sometimes go direct.

(11-30-2018, 11:53 PM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: Well Robbie. You have been well and truly found out tonight........

Your team- comprising the highest paid players in the Championship -were hammered 5-0 at home by a part time outfit. Your side also had no shots on target.

How far is Ayr to Dundee Robbie?

"Away teams that have to travel more than 50miles are at a disadvantage and drop points because of this!"

Aye Robbie, you talk utter p!sh ;-)

(11-30-2018, 11:53 PM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: Well Robbie. You have been well and truly found out tonight........

Ayr Utd aren't part time.

(11-29-2018, 02:34 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: He seems to have more time on the ball and is able to pick a pass when playing CH. His positional sense is excellent.

It's just like watching Beckenbauer!

Last minute goal from Watson. 3 points finally. Well done , persistent County.
Zillions of shots on goal, to 2 shots from Alloa. Must sharpen up the shooting!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

Honestly, what a Saturday.

(12-01-2018, 10:49 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Our goal difference advantage over Ayr is now out the window, although Dundee United's has taken a beating.

I can see this ending up 0-0, to be honest. Ayr are looking like the best team in the league.

Ayr are the best team in the league,they are top.Shankland,Moffat and MacDaig? I think,plays wide left ,tormented Utd on the break last night. Our win today was crucial as I thought it was a potential banana skin. Just got to keep grinding out results until we get back to full strength

(12-01-2018, 03:24 PM)NVACA Wrote: Ayr Utd aren't part time.

My bad. They were part- time until the start of last season before going full time

It doesn't detract from the point that they hammered Dundee United last night.