Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County vs Dunfermline 24 Nov 18
Sorry the suspense was getting to me. The game is tomorrow and not even a thread is started. What is wrong here? Complacency, confidence, resignation, battle weary, not worried? Who is in, who is out? What if? Whatever!

(11-23-2018, 03:23 PM)the reaper Wrote: Sorry the suspense was getting to me. The game is tomorrow and not even a thread is started. What is wrong here? Complacency, confidence, resignation, battle weary, not worried? Who is in, who is out? What if? Whatever!

Trying not to think about our injury fraught defence I imagine!

(11-23-2018, 03:57 PM)NVACA Wrote: Trying not to think about our injury fraught defence I imagine!

A four man defence of:
Fraser Draper Watson Stelios looks good to me.

There's also Kelly (Who I'm still not 100% convinced about) and the impressive young Tom Grivosti so there's ample options imo.

Fraser could also be played central with Watson right. It might be worth mixing it up a bit with a 352 and having Draper as a holding midfielder, it changed the game and worked a treat in our victory at East End Park.

Kettleson will come up with something. We could really do with the 3 points. This is a time of opportunity for players to make their mark and stake a claim for a starting place.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Anything less than 3 points will be a big disappointment and a big down-to-earth with a bump. These are the games at home we have to win, particularly after the difficult loss to take against DUtd, who are on a roll and we don't want them to get away. Good thing their next game is against Ayr. I suppose a draw in that one would be best for us.
Anyway, enough about other teams, it's best we concentrate on our games.
Not sure if McKay is fit. Could be a good game for Mullin to perform, or will we play McManus on the right and Mullin on the left. We're missing Midge that's for sure, and I think Vigurs is injured too?
3-1 to the Staggies.

Expect Dunfermline to sit deep, pack the box and make it hard for us to break them down. See us scraping a dull 1-0 win, we are not great at cutting through teams who sit in.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Its time to get back to winning ways. Hope the lapse of 2 points from the last 9 available stops. If we don't grab this opportunity to halt the rot then don't know when we will. Hope we get a good turnout.

3 very useful points, but we really made hard work of it!

Good reactions from Billy for the first goal. He's back to the player he was in his first spell at Caley. 1-0 up and playing against 10 men for a great part of the match, we should have been out of sight., but as per usual we struggled to make and convert chances. Thank goodness for Lindsay doing his usual, getting into the box for the second. Then an unfortunate own goal from Draper, but the game should have been over by then. A lot of huffing and puffing but not too much creativity. We missed Vigurs and Midge.

Reading SK's assessment of the game it was clear they were disappointed in the performance too, but at the end of the day 3 points are the main thing.

I see the BBC have their guy scoring. I thought it went in off Draper. Sorry about that......

Really poor performance, despite the points. Dunfermline did very little but simple through balls and long balls cut us open with ease- if Dunfermline were clinical they'd have got a point.

One bonus- Stelios played very well.

The red card was a total bampot moment from Higginbotham.

(11-24-2018, 07:52 PM)Despot Wrote: The red card was a total bampot moment from Higginbotham.

What happened? Couldn’t see from East Stand.

Managed to get to the game Today which I was not expecting. Great to be home and at the ground and catching up with various folk.

Hard work as mentioned above is right. Struggling to convert chances, and sloppiness at the back (lot of poor intercepted square passes at the back and in dangerous areas in midfield etc) which made for frustrating watching at times. Players are fired up thought and a lot of really good shifts put in by most.

Does anyone else think we are quite slow and deliberate during some breaks when we should have an advantage, rather than being quick and trying to keep going forward we are slowing things down, going back which was giving them time to reorganise and therefore any advantage lost. I am no tactician though.

Missed the off the ball red card incident, Stelios and Higginbotham had a niggle just before this and Stelios took at least 3 bad ones if I remember right. Higginbotham's reaction and kicking out at the tunnel (and/or items in that area) was entertaining to say the least. At this point I thought we were in for a real cracker but they actually looked better after he went off, albeit it was early in the game so hard to know really overall.

I did not think we looked a championship winning side Today if I am honest but Dunfirmline were there to break up creativity and had a lot of pace on the counter which we struggled with. To me they always looked like scoring.

Anyway no idea why such negativity from me, 3 points lads. Job done. Smile

I see the BBC have their guy scoring. I thought it went in off Draper. Sorry about that......
[/quote]

Definitely a Draper own goal..... The BBC reports are a joke.

(11-24-2018, 08:24 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Managed to get to the game Today which I was not expecting. Great to be home and at the ground and catching up with various folk.

Hard work as mentioned above is right. Struggling to convert chances, and sloppiness at the back (lot of poor intercepted square passes at the back and in dangerous areas in midfield etc) which made for frustrating watching at times. Players are fired up thought and a lot of really good shifts put in by most.

Does anyone else think we are quite slow and deliberate during some breaks when we should have an advantage, rather than being quick and trying to keep going forward we are slowing things down, going back which was giving them time to reorganise and therefore any advantage lost. I am no tactician though.

Missed the off the ball red card incident, Stelios and Higginbotham had a niggle just before this and Stelios took at least 3 bad ones if I remember right. Higginbotham's reaction and kicking out at the tunnel (and/or items in that area) was entertaining to say the least. At this point I thought we were in for a real cracker but they actually looked better after he went off, albeit it was early in the game so hard to know really overall.

I did not think we looked a championship winning side Today if I am honest but Dunfirmline were there to break up creativity and had a lot of pace on the counter which we struggled with. To me they always looked like scoring.

Anyway no idea why such negativity from me, 3 points lads. Job done. Smile
I suspect you are tired of seeing the same old sideways and backward crap dished up every week 3 points yes but championship winners not a hope every one has sussed us now get in our faces and we just collapse the amount of misplaced passes today was shocking and to say we are slow going forward is an understatement I know we are short of a few first choice players due to injury etc but the pace of our game over the last few weeks has been dire

(11-25-2018, 01:01 AM)county AML Wrote: I suspect you are tired of seeing the same old sideways and backward crap dished up every week 3 points yes but championship winners not a hope every one has sussed us now get in our faces and we just collapse the amount of misplaced passes today was shocking and to say we are slow going forward is an understatement I know we are short of a few first choice players due to injury etc but the pace of our game over the last few weeks has been dire

You would never of thought we’ve only lost 2 games this season...

(11-24-2018, 10:34 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I see the BBC have their guy scoring. I thought it went in off Draper. Sorry about that......

Definitely a Draper own goal..... The BBC reports are a joke.
[/quote]

It’s not the BBC that officially credits the goal, and actually the match report calls it a Draper O.G.

Andrew Davies will always be credited with a goal he didn’t score for that same reason.

Edit: they’ve actually changed the report after Longridge was officially credited with the goal. Early versions described the goal in more detail.

Stelios definitely man of the match. Very confident, winning headers against bigger oponents, good control distribution, covering back, anticipation and he took one for the team. Might be quite a find. Rest of the team too pedestrian. was this the RCFC walking team that was out. Occasional bursts of activity. Fox is getting more and more frustrating. We had opportunities for quick counter attacks after corners and he took so long to kick the ball out that the Dunfermline defence had got back to their positions and were organised before the ball came up the park. Grrrrrrr

Good victory but not a championship winning team performance. Thought Morris looked good until he went off injured again. We really need him but worry about his long term fitness. MacKay and Stelios were excellent!

(11-24-2018, 08:16 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: What happened? Couldn’t see from East Stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55kVstk4Epc

Happens after the 2 minute mark- straight red for the elbow, brainless by him.

(11-25-2018, 03:33 PM)Despot Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55kVstk4Epc

Wow - certainly qualifies as violent conduct!

How does Cowie miss at the end there?
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(11-25-2018, 03:33 PM)Despot Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55kVstk4Epc

Jesus, that’s as nasty an elbow I’ve seen in a long time. He should be getting serious ban for that, flipping assault!