Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross county vs Dundee Utd
(11-12-2018, 09:29 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Anti football defeated Uncle Roy!

A stronger or more efficient ref would have made a difference.
As for the united fans........It showed how much we were on top as they celebrated getting a corner as if they'd just scored the winning goal, which they did about 2 mins later :-(

Our support is terrible but it's not 'the sweetie wrappers' job to lift the team. Enthusiastic fans outnumber the more refrained sweetie favouring ones. Trouble is, since the death of the jailend we are spread all over the ground. If they ever fix the jailend then things may improve. Trouble is, I like the view from the east stand and probably won't be back in the jailend.
What we need is younger supporters, who have had a pre game shandy, to go and impose themselves in the jailend.
I'm off to buy my pandrops for the Dunfermline game!

The only way the atmosphere will improve ,is reinstating Jail end , plus an experienced announcer a good choice of music, right now we have neither .

Note no more meetings , Note program no longer produced ,note Chief excecutive————————————————————————————————————
Not good for staff or support, Doesn’t answer to emails or requests for tour of ground , aloof
It was pointed out to Chief excecutive about how she handles cost ect a wee
Example match programme, 300 to Victoria hospitality, 200 to west stand hospitality, all charged against programme sale , which is Wrong , 500 shoukd be charged against hospitality account , as they are handed out free by hospitality ,
Poppy on the jersey ,the jerseys were orderd ,a memebrr Of staff said they already had enough strips with poppy So order cancelled , ,No body checked ,when they did ,it came to light only Half a dozen jerseys could be found ,

There was going to be nothing done no poppy As it was too late to re order , they thought if players turned up wearing metal poppy badge on their suits, that would do , I emailed influential,people who then approached club ,who then had a change of plan and ordered arm bands ,
I can not divulge as it would d Be wrong to say who highlighted this ,
Plus from inside staff unhappy with Chief excecutive , within next 6 months a prominent figure will retire big big blow for Ross county ,
Roy is just looking at top lines people are fed up as the Chief excecutive rules,
Can’t havepropke turning up nit liking it , Roy will be lost when a certain person retires History ins and outs gone

Once again we start really well, get sussed, then pass sideways and backwards for the rest of the game. 4-5-1 screams for width, so why didn’t we use width. Everyone creeping into the middle. Why do we never have someone making a run at the back post for corners. How many have we seen go to the back and out. At the moment we are flattering to deceive.
I must say D. Utd. Looked quite good. We are in a scrap, I have no doubt we have the players for that. But less side to side, more width, more speed. When is Midge back.

Disappointing result, mediocre performance. Referee wasn’t that bad ... certainly a lot more errors made by County players and management team than the officials. Hopefully a good kick-up the backside for County and we now press on and put a run together. Top by Christmas!

I thought County looked good at first, and the goal came against the run of play. After that we had no real answer to the situation. United got more and more confident, without creating a lot of opportunities to increase their lead.

I agree about use of the wing. Not enough County crosses coming in from bursts to the bye-line and back into (not enough) on-rushing players. All our crosses were easily caught by their keeper - whom I don't even particularly rate.

Though McManus was indeed good at penetrating down the flank (albeit final ball again often not good enough) the clear MOTM was Jamie Lindsay. His commitment was a great example to others. Broke up and saved us from several attacks and got forward whenever he could. Must have run a lot more than any other player.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(11-12-2018, 05:44 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Not good for staff or support, Doesn’t answer to emails or requests for tour of ground

Poppy on the jersey ,the jerseys were orderd ,a memebrr Of staff said they already had enough strips with poppy So order cancelled , ,No body checked ,when they did ,it came to light only Half a dozen jerseys could be found ,

There was going to be nothing done no poppy As it was too late to re order , they thought if players turned up wearing metal poppy badge on their suits, that would do , I emailed influential,people who then approached club ,who then had a change of plan and ordered arm bands ,
I can not divulge as it would d Be wrong to say who highlighted this ,

Tour of the ground? Have the club ever officially done this? Not to my knowledge. Think you forget there are not enough staff to lead a couple folk round the ground.

A metal poppy on the suit would have totally fine. Seems to be this faux outrage now if a club doesn't go totally overboard for Remembrance Day. All it is, is a chance for politicians to score some form of one-upmanship over each other, hoping someone doesn't show enough "respect" so they can jump on it. A minute silence is more than enough for a game of football.

(11-12-2018, 10:42 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: A metal poppy on the suit would have totally fine. Seems to be this faux outrage now if a club doesn't go totally overboard for Remembrance Day. All it is, is a chance for politicians to score some form of one-upmanship over each other, hoping someone doesn't show enough "respect" so they can jump on it. A minute silence is more than enough for a game of football.

Totally agree with this. There was a minutes silence that was impeccably observed by the County lot and most of the United fans too, a small number of their fans caused a couple of the oldies around me to 'tsk tsk' under their breath which is disappointing but on the whole well done. I don't really care if players come out covered in poppies as long as they stand for the minutes silence like everyone else.

(11-12-2018, 06:27 PM)cdam Wrote: Once again we start really well, get sussed, then pass sideways and backwards for the rest of the game. 4-5-1 screams for width, so why didn’t we use width. Everyone creeping into the middle. Why do we never have someone making a run at the back post for corners. How many have we seen go to the back and out. At the moment we are flattering to deceive.
I must say D. Utd. Looked quite good. We are in a scrap, I have no doubt we have the players for that. But less side to side, more width, more speed. When is Midge back.

Midge was hanging outside the Staggies Bar entrance talking to a few folk after the game, looked like he was moving normally so hopefully not too long.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(, 08:10 AM)Despot Wrote: Midge was hanging outside the Staggies Bar entrance talking to a few folk after the game, looked like he was moving normally so hopefully not too long.

Heard over the weekend he is back doing running at the gym and is aiming to be back in time for the derby over the festive period

(11-12-2018, 10:42 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Tour of the ground? Have the club ever officially done this? Not to my knowledge. Think you forget there are not enough staff to lead a couple folk round the ground.

A metal poppy on the suit would have totally fine. Seems to be this faux outrage now if a club doesn't go totally overboard for Remembrance Day. All it is, is a chance for politicians to score some form of one-upmanship over each other, hoping someone doesn't show enough "respect" so they can jump on it. A minute silence is more than enough for a game of football.

Yeah, I'm not buying that either.

How could the team have enough shirts with poppies on them when 1. they didn't wear the same kit last season and 2. last season's poppy kits were auctioned off for charity?

Minute's silence is more than ample. Complete non issue.

And match programmes were a massive loss maker. A monthly magazine might make sense, but there's no point in losing money on badly written fluff.

(11-12-2018, 10:42 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Tour of the ground? Have the club ever officially done this? Not to my knowledge. Think you forget there are not enough staff to lead a couple folk round the ground.

They gave their all so that you can stand and watch football in a free country ,
Your ignorance knows no bounds plenty family’s felt the loss ,
But you show no respect even to yourself here ,

We will,remember them ,I had to be helped of parade , but was proud to make the effort while you were probably still in your bed Lauchlan

Buff I suggest you read a few of the lines from Isaac Rosenberg and Wilfred Owen.

(, 05:17 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: They gave their all so that you can stand and watch football in a free country ,
Your ignorance knows no bounds plenty family’s felt the loss ,
But you show no respect even to yourself here ,

We will,remember them ,I had to be helped of parade , but was proud to make the effort while you were probably still in your bed Lauchlan

Unfortunately for yourself, your view is somewhat outdated, hence the replies to my post.

If you are truly upset about County not wearing a poppy on their shirt, I suggest you go and follow your big club on a more regular basis.

As for the poetry suggestion above, I can only echo those sentiments. Try and spare a few minutes Buffy boy and educate yourself.

()LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Unfortunately for yourself, your view is somewhat outdated, hence the replies to my post.

If you are truly upset about County not wearing a poppy on their shirt, I suggest you go and follow your big club on a more regular basis.

As for the poetry suggestion above, I can only echo those sentiments. Try and spare a few minutes Buffy boy and educate yourself.

Don’t be insulting of course I was truly upset ,we are in .progress of twinning a primary school, Belguim with Dingwall,primary school , two ross county shirts donated both framed both shirts have poppies from last year ,if you followed you would would have seen Ketts Fergie Seaforth Chair and Myself with county managers , one shirt now in loos primary The other presented to Dingwall , ,it is intended to have loos primary pupils over to Dingwall to commererate WW1 and tour tge global energy stadium , the stags head on shift bestowed on Ross County from the Seaforth Highlanders Regiment , As players who left for WW11 never returned ,
Was it not for them and thousands who gave their all you might just be under German rule , 13 regiments raised in Scotland 5 raised in the highlands
The 51st division lost more men than the rest put together ross shire buffs

All over the land last Sunday starting from 6 am t the last post was played followed later by piper followed by lighting of beacons all over world , to remember WW1 100 years Dingwall home of the Seaforth Highlanders
Proud to be associated and serve poppy Scotland , every club auctions their shirts raising funds for modern soldiers so between Scotland and England wales and Ireland Funds to help the boys , there was no peotry attempt this is a great effort for me Vascular Dimentia Stroke treating for cancer but I pray I can look you in the face you should be ashamed ,I hope you have long look in mirror
Not about me but to those who gave their all , yes I work hard all year fund raising for Seaforths and various charities ,woukd you care to help,out ,

Jesus this thread has gone a tad off topic. We had a minutes silence that our players and fans observed very well, really don't think it's worth demanding much more. I'm sure a lot of folks here have had family or friends serve and perhaps lose their lives in service, I know I have, and I don't really understand how overboard some folks go with this. Personally feel sorry for the poor lads over 100 years ago forced to go by those above them whether they liked it or not, instead of people hand wringing now about not enough poppies!

Anyway, now that I've seen the match highlights I think we employed our pretty standard tactics and form very well, however the United backline, particularly Edjinguele had a great game. I was watching him during the match and he was winning 9/10 balls that came near him. I felt that Mcmanus, who I personally didn't rate previously' came on and did a good job of getting down the wings, but failed at the final ball as others have said. I'd be tempted to give him a start and rest DKD, he's still a young lad and might need a couple of games off to build up some energy and confidence. I hope Fontaine will come back in good form when he recuperates, same with Midge, really hope he is back for the next derby as we could use his pace and ability against that Caley defence.

Frustrating goal to concede, looked like a lapse in concentration at the back in a game that we otherwise dominated. A shame we couldn't get back into it, hope Ferg and ketts take this as a learning experience about when to change things up and how to play against teams like that at home. I'm sure they know more than we do anyway! More confused about why there was a United fan in the jailend at the end of the game to be honest, not picked up on the highlights mind but was right near where we were all standing in the final minutes.