Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
QoS v County
Will be a tough tie for us this weekend with QOS beating Ayr Utd convincingly in their last encounter. Fingers crossed our experienced squad edges this one and we get another three points in the bag!

Some Supporter Info below:

There is no supporters bus running to this match - info below for anyone making the trip:

Ticket prices:

Adults - £18
OAP - £10
Under 16 - £5

Tickets to be purchased at the ticket booth - NO CASH GATE IN OPERATION

MON THE STAGGIES!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

No thread up yet so here goes.

Had a quick look at their website and their manager says :-

"This week we are up against the current leaders, Ross County who in my opinion have one of the strongest squads in the Championship, if not the strongest, and we will need to be at our very best as we look to take another three points. County have started the season well and are clearly determined to bounce straight back up into the Premier League at the first time of asking."

Also found this on their website which raised a smile:-

"All spectators are required to abide by our unacceptable behaviour policy."

So any fans attending today seem to have carte blanche...

Three points today would be a real boost before next week.

Sorry I started a new thread. Didn't see your one.......................

Very tough game against a free scoring team, both teams to score on my coupon today anyway!

Four goal Graham against four goal Dobbie.

0-0 it is, then.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Interesting line-up..

Draper in defence, Mullin & Gardyne deeper than normal..??

Point away from home is always a result. Looks like Queens had the better of the game.

Not seen any highlights yet but was our goal before ht actually offside?

Highlights are now up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...2rNJJgEaWk

(09-16-2018, 09:27 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Not seen any highlights yet but was our goal before ht actually offside?

MacManus's goal was on side and should have stood. Linesman bang on line with it and got it wrong! Just not good enough........again from the officials.

(09-16-2018, 12:06 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: MacManus's goal was on side and should have stood. Linesman bang on line with it and got it wrong! Just not good enough........again from the officials.

The linesman is at a far better angle than the camera. The camera makes it look borderline and if anything slightly offside.

(09-16-2018, 11:53 AM)Despot Wrote: Highlights are now up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...2rNJJgEaWk

Cheers for posting the highlights.
McManus looks level, benefit of the doubt to the attacker my ar$e!
That said, going by the highlights, draw a fair enough result.

Point away at a free-scoring Queens not to be sniffed at.

By the sounds of it we had a bit of an off day, but to get a point then must be seen as a good result,
Also to keep a clean sheet has to be a positive - I think only the second time Queen have failed to score this season (the other time being against Motherwell on the first game of the season)

Only time will tell if it's a good point gained, or two bad points dropped.
But I'm of the belief if you win your home games, and get anything away from home in this league you'll be there or there abouts at the top come the end of the season.

(09-17-2018, 01:08 PM)thejailender Wrote: By the sounds of it we had a bit of an off day, but to get a point then must be seen as a good result,
Also to keep a clean sheet has to be a positive - I think only the second time Queen have failed to score this season (the other time being against Motherwell on the first game of the season)

Only time will tell if it's a good point gained, or two bad points dropped.
But I'm of the belief if you win your home games, and get anything away from home in this league you'll be there or there abouts at the top come the end of the season.

Thanks for that burst of sense there. And by the highlights McManus looked clearly offside to me. Clean sheet and point away from home to top-scoring side, when not at our best - all good.

Keeping a clean sheet is good news ahead of next Saturday and ICT who have also been scoring a few recently.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Thought we were lucky to escape with a point. As Ketts said in his post-match interview we created very little and had a lack of energy. So a point and clean sheet not too bad.
Very slow breaking forward, never got around the Queens defence, and a few players just not on their game.
Positives were the defensive performance from Draper, and Fox didn't put a foot wrong, blocking well when Dykes was clean through on him twice. And we halted Dobbie's scoring run.

I had completely forgotten Queens had a plastic pitch.

(09-18-2018, 04:34 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Thought we were lucky to escape with a point. As Ketts said in his post-match interview we created very little and had a lack of energy. So a point and clean sheet not too bad.
Very slow breaking forward, never got around the Queens defence, and a few players just not on their game.
Positives were the defensive performance from Draper, and Fox didn't put a foot wrong, blocking well when Dykes was clean through on him twice. And we halted Dobbie's scoring run.

I had completely forgotten Queens had a plastic pitch.

He could be right we were lucky. I mean look at the row with the Leicester City players today 're not flying the 170 miles to Bournemouth and instead went by bus. They lost 4- 2. Aside of the actual logistics would flying to Dumfries somewhere about 200 miles have guaranteed us all three points. So we might gave been lucky after all to get one point. What is this world coming to?

First game I’ve been to for a few years due to money. Queens is easily the best fixture when you live near Tyneside.
Rubbish game, poor performance but a clean sheet away from home against such a high scoring team may prove vital come May, especially if we beat ICT.
Good to say hi to some familiar faces in pub and ground. Good noise by the Staggies on tour!
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.