Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3pm, Saturday: County v Alloa. Be there.
The League campaign begins.
Let's make a positive start on the challenges ahead, on the road to Staggie glory.

Are you feeling a bit Staggie yet? Wink
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Home game always seems to clash with Belladrum or vice versa which isn't ideal.

I'll be there, back in the Jailend. Hopefully the same side that beat Alloa last week, get off to a good start.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

A good positive start is vital to help build confidence and give us a springboard to the next game, we have a reasonably tough start so would be good to get the points on the board early!

MON THE STAGGIES!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Willie Irvine to score the winner.

£10 for old folk in the ESE. No-one can complain at that. I'll save the complaints for after the game :-)

Am I the only person who can't seem to do smilies?
Damn, that's the first complaint already.....

Is it because I'm using Chrome?

(08-01-2018, 11:10 AM)It's Only A Game Wrote: £10 for old folk in the ESE. No-one can complain at that. I'll save the complaints for after the game :-)

Am I the only person who can't seem to do smilies?
Damn, that's the first complaint already.....

Is it because I'm using Chrome?

My problem is I can't sign out! Have had the problem for probably a year now. Every now and then I find I am signed out, (perhaps when device has updated) The problem is across all my laptops and devices. I have same problem on Pie and Bovril, but on that website one of my devices can access the part of my account where I can 'sign out of all device's. I assume other people must be having same problem as there always seem to be a lot of people signed in to OTB these days! For instance, 93 just now on a Wednesday morning !

I'm having log in issues too, given up using my laptop so just using my mobile to access OTB for the past month or so.

(08-01-2018, 10:09 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Willie Irvine to score the winner.

He manage to swap his shift at the jail?

(08-01-2018, 03:30 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: He manage to swap his shift at the jail?

That's what scuppered a move to us, back in the day.

Match Day.

Really looking forward to some entertaining play, some goalmouth action and of course plenty of goals.

It's obviously important to get off to a good start and to get the crowd behind the team.

We should all promise to be good boys and girls and not criticise the management team and the players. Some hope :-)

Match Day.

Really looking forward to some entertaining play, some goalmouth action and of course plenty of goals.

It's obviously important to get off to a good start and to get the crowd behind the team.

We should all promise to be good boys and girls and not criticise the management team and the players. Some hope :-)

It will be interesting to see what the team lines are, with recent signings and recent games where there was the usual trial of player options. You would think Today would give an indication of the preferred starting, assuming all are fit of course.

Not able to attend today but still 0-0 at 16:25, C'mon County let's get scoring goals! Smile

Finally, at the last gasp we get three points. Alloa set out their stall with a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 line up which really clogged up the park and made for a difficult frustrating game. Home happy; good performances all round. Still a lot of gelling to do. Brilliant pass from DKD for Marcus's goal which I thought was never going to cross the line. Fox still frustrates me. He takes so long to kick the ball the opposition have more than enough time to get back and get organised.

(08-04-2018, 05:40 PM)the reaper Wrote: Finally, at the last gasp we get three points. Alloa set out their stall with a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 line up which really clogged up the park and made for a difficult frustrating game. Home happy; good performances all round. Still a lot of gelling to do. Brilliant pass from DKD for Marcus's goal which I thought was never going to cross the line. Fox still frustrates me. He takes so long to kick the ball the opposition have more than enough time to get back and get organised.

Phew. 3 points. But welcome to the Championship - it's gonna be hard work, and County will need to be more clinical in the final third. Decent performance though, and Josh Mullin well worthy MOTM. Made lots of decent chances, especially in the second half.

Thank goodness for Captain Fraser showing the ambition to finally get the game won.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

That was a very frustrating 88 minutes. A huge gulf in class between the teams but we made heavy weather of creating chances. In fact the best chance in the first half went to Alloa's 9 who should have scored. It was the only real chance they had all the game, as they seemed more than happy to play for a draw.
I think if we'd got a goal in the first half we'd have scored 2 or 3 more.
Anyway just as we 'd given up hope, a good ball from DKD and Marcus ran through to score the vital goal.

Sign of things to come. We'll have to find ways to break defensive teams down if we want to challenge for promotion.

(08-04-2018, 08:20 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Sign of things to come. We'll have to find ways to break defensive teams down if we want to challenge for promotion.

I’m not sure that will be a problem, at least not until after the new year. The rest of the teams in this league have ambitions to reach the play off places. Alloa are looking to survive. We need to be able to defend first and then score goals.

Alloa didn't offer much, packed the defence and played for the draw. As they couldn't even name a full bench, I don't blame them. A lot of our play was too laboured, especially the farting around at the back allowing Alloa to get into shape with time to spare. We need to move it quicker from midfield onwards to catch teams out.

Dunfermline will be a much tougher test.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Prediction: half time/full time draw/County will be a very profitable betting angle this season (i.e. get used to this sort of approach from opposition teams, particularly at the GES)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Felt we moved the ball quicker in the 2 me half which was needed. There'll be a lot of games like that this season, hard work but we got there in the end.
Do we need to talk about Draper?