Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
Irn-Bru Cup
Toss a coin. No point in both teams travelling for a meaningless cup final.

(02-18-2019, 01:54 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Ochilview, Broadwood, Forthbank would be size appropriate for the final. Hopfully bring a good number, not every day we win a trophy

Some of them have artificial pitches, and I believe the SPFL look at Grass pitches where can.

I think the most likely venue will be St. Mirren's ground - pretty central for both sets of fans, Decent size stadium, not too big, but big enough for everyone wanting to go.

I think playing it in Dingwall would be a good choice as well though. Let Nomads have the home dressing room,

(02-18-2019, 02:06 PM)thejailender Wrote: Some of them have artificial pitches, and I believe the SPFL look at Grass pitches where can.

I think the most likely venue will be St. Mirren's ground - pretty central for both sets of fans, Decent size stadium, not too big, but big enough for everyone wanting to go.

I think playing it in Dingwall would be a good choice as well though. Let Nomads have the home dressing room,

St. Mirren's ground.
NO THANKS!

(02-18-2019, 03:54 PM)MOGO Wrote: St. Mirren's ground.
NO THANKS!

Too right. It does not need to be at a half-way point, but, in the interest of fairness let’s make it easy for both sets of fans. St mirren, a nightmare to get to.

Actually I wondered about the dump as mentioned by others. Give them a weekend in the highlands, clearly preferable to a weekend in the central belt, and allow more of us to attend.

Broadwood is a stones throw from the Irn Bru factory. Just sayin Smile

Any idea when they will make up their minds? It would help with travel plans!!!

(02-18-2019, 10:20 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: My mate suggested the dump. It's a $hithole but easy for us to get to and the nomads could fly from Manchester (which is about 37.5miles from them) to Dalcross as easy as travelling anywhere else. If they decided on that idea the crowd would be much bigger. ...........

How many folks can you squeeze on to a Flybe turboprop then?

(02-19-2019, 11:08 AM)Wicky Wrote: How many folks can you squeeze on to a Flybe turboprop then?

They could use more than one, or they could charter flights.
Or Loganair!
More to life than Flybe.

(02-19-2019, 11:08 AM)Wicky Wrote: How many folks can you squeeze on to a Flybe turboprop then?

There's a few flybemi planes doing nothing out of Southampton!