Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
Irn-Bru Cup
Heart Of Midlothian Colts V Ross County.

Hopefully send the boys team and get knocked out.

Pointless.

Speak for yourself. I'm all for an away day in Wales or Ireland in the next round.

(06-26-2018, 01:09 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Heart Of Midlothian Colts V Ross County.

Hopefully send the boys team and get knocked out.

Pointless.

I'd like to play in Wales, too.

And a good chance to smash a few goals in. Our first team versus their 16 year olds.

Munro
Grivosti Kelly Fontaine
T.Dingwall Dykes Paton Dow
R.Dingwall Morrison Wallace

Those players are likely those that will need to displace others to get a start week in week out so will want to show what they can do. Also means it isnt a shame if we are put out. Hope this is what they do in this round. Hearts colt team must be really young as they've heaps of young players in their first team

Sure the club can think of nothing worse than a trip to N.Ireland / England or Wales.

Away to Boreham Wood in the next round would be superb!!!

Anyone going this evening? Couple of us heading over in a couple of hours.

Get through and have a home game, or get knocked out. Anything but an Irish/Welsh/English side away in the next round.

Come on you Staggies!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I take it we're not fielding a first XI for this?

(08-14-2018, 04:13 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I take it we're not fielding a first XI for this?

I think are supposed to field a first team - it's the Premiership teams that are allowed to field their Colt Teams....but I believe the Championship side has to field a first team....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

The Dunfermline fans I was chatting with at the weekend were pretty sure that they were going to field they're youths.

We've a big 1st team squad so plenty players to rotate between. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

(08-14-2018, 05:42 PM)frankthetank Wrote: The Dunfermline fans I was chatting with at the weekend were pretty sure that they were going to field they're youths.

We've a big 1st team squad so plenty players to rotate between. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

Multiple changes according to an article about Harry Paton I read somewhere.

I'd imagine Paton, Graham, Stelios, Dow, Stewart, and so forth will all start.

County lineup...

STARTING XI | Ross Munro, Callum Morris, Billy McKay, Stelios Demetriou, Dylan Dykes, Davis Keillor-Dunn, Ryan Dow, Brian Graham, Tony Dingwall, Harry Paton, Ross Stewart. #Staggies

Try fitting that team into any realistic formation... back three maybe?

County 2-0 up after 30mins. Billy Mackay with the 1st, don't know who got 2nd.

Billy Mackay double :-)

1 - 2 and still 15 minutes to play.

Hope we give this a good go and get as far as we can, we've got a big enough squad to challenge on two fronts.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

1-2 FT. Nice!

FT 1 -2

Curious to see what shape that starting 11 was set out in.

I'll say 3 - 1 - 6, for the lolz.

When's the draw for the next round?
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Fun evening's entertainment
We lined up 4-4-2 last night:
Munro
TDingz Morris Dijks Stelios
Stewart Dow Paton DKD
Mckay Graham

Substitutions: RDingz replaced DKD around 60 (Mckay went wide left in a 4-3-3), Morrison replaced Stewart around 80 (straight swap) and Gallagher replaced Paton around 85 (straight swap)

1st half was about as wildly open as you'd expect with a team loaded with so many attacking players, both teams having chances with County well on top. Mckay opening the scoring after 3 minutes- a poor clearance from the Hearts keeper Doyle was promptly dispatched over his head and into the net from circa 35 yards. Mckay doubled his tally on half an hour, finishing off a 1 v 1. Hearts got 1 back just before half time after a well-worked move, Keena finishing off. 2nd half was more patchy, County not creating as many chances and Hearts coming back into it, indeed they almost forced a shootout after a late header hit the bar

Positives: confidence booster for Mckay netting 2, Paton looks a real class act (hope he manages to get some game time amongst our plethora of CM options), minutes for plenty of squad players and a good learning experience for the younger lads (and the myriad of players playing out of their usual experience)
Negatives: Dow isn't a CM, TDingz definitely isn't a RB and young Gallagher needs to work on his decision making, specifically learning when defending a late corner with a slender lead is not the time to try and dribble out of defence

Draw for the next round is 1pm tomorrow I believe. Another winnable tie please
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(08-15-2018, 09:53 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Fun evening's entertainment
We lined up 4-4-2 last night:
Munro
TDingz Morris Dijks Stelios
Stewart Dow Paton DKD
Mckay Graham

Substitutions: RDingz replaced DKD around 60 (Mckay went wide left in a 4-3-3), Morrison replaced Stewart around 80 (straight swap) and Gallagher replaced Paton around 85 (straight swap)

1st half was about as wildly open as you'd expect with a team loaded with so many attacking players, both teams having chances with County well on top. Mckay opening the scoring after 3 minutes- a poor clearance from the Hearts keeper Doyle was promptly dispatched over his head and into the net from circa 35 yards. Mckay doubled his tally on half an hour, finishing off a 1 v 1. Hearts got 1 back just before half time after a well-worked move, Keena finishing off. 2nd half was more patchy, County not creating as many chances and Hearts coming back into it, indeed they almost forced a shootout after a late header hit the bar

Positives: confidence booster for Mckay netting 2, Paton looks a real class act (hope he manages to get some game time amongst our plethora of CM options), minutes for plenty of squad players and a good learning experience for the younger lads (and the myriad of players playing out of their usual experience)
Negatives: Dow isn't a CM, TDingz definitely isn't a RB and young Gallagher needs to work on his decision making, specifically learning when defending a late corner with a slender lead is not the time to try and dribble out of defence

Draw for the next round is 1pm tomorrow I believe. Another winnable tie please

Thanks for the report - interesting lineup...
Supporter Liaison Officer