Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Betfred Cup 2018/19
Just noticed the seedlings on the St Johnstone website. Who do people want in the draw? Personally couldn’t look past ICT and Elgin!

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news...-announced

The Championship sides we could draw will probably all be much of a muchness, so we might as well get ICT for some pre-season derby fun.

As for the bottom seeds, you really want the three weakest teams, which are, on paper, Elgin, Cowdenbeath and Cove.

From a selfish perspective, I wouldn't mind Brechin or Stirling away. Both grounds I've never been to, and could be nice on a sunny July afternoon.

So it's Group A:
County, Dundee Utd, Arbroath, Elgin and Alloa

Decent draw.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Hopefully Elgin away

Good draw. An early opportunity to beat United and build momentum for the season ahead. I like the format of the league cup.

Information 
Club website has the fixtures:
Date.......................................Fixture..............................................Kick Off
Saturday 14th July............Ross County v Elgin City............. 3.00pm
Tuesday 17th July..............Ross County v Dundee United...7.45pm
Wednesday 25th July......Arbroath v Ross County..............7.45pm
Saturday 28th July.......... Alloa v Ross County......................3.00pm

The group stage uses the traditional three points for a win and one point for a draw model but all drawn matches go straight to a penalty shoot-out, with the winner of the shoot-out awarded a bonus point. The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress to the last 16, where they are joined by European qualifiers Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibernian.

Ticket information will follow in due course.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

BT sport are showing 5 live games...............none of ours though!

Thumbs Up 
Looks a pretty favourable group - no current Premiership teams to play against - so we should be looking to beat everyone and come top.

If that's okay with you, team.

Away to hibs in last 16, ties to be played 18/19 August.

A right tough test I expect, though their defence can be beaten.

With Efe Ambrose, there's always a chance...

We've shown we can get results at Easter Road, but it's going to be very, very difficult.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Not an easy tie, but nothing is impossible.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

You could argue it's a good draw. Lose, and everyone says well they qualified top of the group and no shame in losing to Hibs at Easter Road. Win, and that gives us a big boost for the start of the new season and puts down a marker with the other teams.

(07-30-2018, 12:51 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Not an easy tie, but nothing is impossible.....

Well, we'll have to beat the best if we're going to win the cup again anyway.

Smile

Certainly nothing to fear in playing hibs imo, bring them on!

Remember when we battered them 2-2 ( John Hughes words) at Easter road before going on to win the replay on the way to another final, a repeat of that will do just fine, although I'd prefer it if we could do it without the need for a replay.

(07-30-2018, 08:24 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Remember when we battered them 2-2 ( John Hughes words) at Easter road before going on to win the replay on the way to another final, a repeat of that will do just fine, although I'd prefer it if we could do it without the need for a replay.

It's the league cup so a replay won't be needed. Wink

(07-30-2018, 08:24 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Remember when we battered them 2-2 ( John Hughes words) at Easter road before going on to win the replay on the way to another final, a repeat of that will do just fine, although I'd prefer it if we could do it without the need for a replay.

I still don't know how we didn't beat them at Easter Road, we were all over them.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Hibs game been changed to the Sunday, 19th August........ Not ideal ?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9037