Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dundee Tuesday Night - Last Home Game in the Top Flight?
All we can do now is go out and make sure we get 3 points in this game. So far we've 2 points from a possible 9 after the split, which clearly isn't good enough.

I didn't see much of the Partick game but I seem to get the impression people thought we didn't go hard enough for the win? Surely that can't be true.

This game - no excuses. I'd rather we lost 5-0 attacking than scrambling a 0-0 draw. An attacking formation from the start please and a good crowd getting behind the team.

This could be a historic home match for all the wrong reasons.

It seems like death by a thousand cuts atm, not quite up or down but running out of games.

One win COULD do it though and Tuesday would be a good time to get three points.

Ok,Dundee get beat today,we beat them on Tuesday,then they draw with Partick, Partick lose to Motherwell,we win v St Johnstone,we stay up automatically.
Oh,Dundee are winning,damn.
Ok Hamilton lose their last three gamesPartick as above,us as above ,we stay up automatically,simple,I think,.Oh dear my calculator has smoke coming out of it!!

POTY awards after the game, when we might just have been relegated..

(05-05-2018, 03:20 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: POTY awards after the game, when we might just have been relegated..

The club's PR is an absolute shambles. If anything it's got worse this year. I'd imagine if they do get relegated they'll just make a symbolic announcement on the tannoy.

Most other clubs had their POTY announcements a week ago. For this precise reason.

Player of the year should be cancelled this year!

(05-05-2018, 09:58 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Player of the year should be cancelled this year!

Do it if we win,don't if we get relegated,simple.

(05-05-2018, 09:58 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Player of the year should be cancelled this year!

[Shameless plug] The only player of the year award you need is the Central Staggies one. Head to our Twitter page to vote in the quarter finals now. [/Shameless plug]

(05-05-2018, 03:20 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: POTY awards after the game, when we might just have been relegated..

They just shouldn't do these things minutes after the players leave the pitch and then have to come back out. Even if we win it won't feel like the best of environments given the situation we're in.

If anyone other than Naismith wins it then it's criminal.

Remember, Liam Boyce, the Ross County player who was the league's top goalscorer last season, he didn't even win our POTY!

The award is a farce

(05-06-2018, 08:35 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Remember, Liam Boyce, the Ross County player who was the league's top goalscorer last season, he didn't even win our POTY!

The award is a farce

I still don't understand that. He demolished everyone in our Twitter award. My theory is that Scott Fox's family and friends must have voted repeatedly...

Andrew Dallas is the referee so I would say that our last home game in the top flight but I hope I am wrong

It's on Alba at 10pm, let's hope it's worth watching again.

(05-06-2018, 04:32 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Andrew Dallas is the referee so I would say that our last home game in the top flight but I hope I am wrong

It should be out of referees hands if we play better, against PT , it was woeful to watch ,Erskine had so much freedom he could have built a bungalow , Draper did not impose himself ,it is all very well Schalke throwing himself about but against Partick he was not on song , Souter Let us down he should have been dropping back and if Marcus missed ball it was then a sweep up ,I couldn’t beleive the height of him hand on Marcus shoukders levering himself up still missed ball , id have put him upfront then then firing of high balls would mean something ,afraid it has just been same old last four games ,other managers sussed us out For god sake get torn in you timid lot

Agree with RSB on Harry Souttar. He causes more than enough mayhem in our box. Put him up front for the last 15-20 minutes if we’re chasing the game and let him cause mayhem in the opposition box. More than happy for long balls fired at him ... surely he’ll win his fair share in the air? He reminds me so much of big Kevin James which kinda worries me.

(05-06-2018, 12:37 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: If anyone other than Naismith wins it then it's criminal.

Somehow Fraser has made it to the last four.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Player of the year: I’m past caring.
Dundee at Home: I’m past caring.
Relegation: I’m past caring.

Let’s just get this season over with.

(05-06-2018, 09:36 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Player of the year: I’m past caring.
Dundee at Home: I’m past caring.
Relegation: I’m past caring.

Let’s just get this season over with.

Will take a miracle of biblical proportions for us to stay up

(05-06-2018, 11:07 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Will take a miracle of biblical proportions for us to stay up

There's no denying it's been a hellish season but I think you're over-stating it a bit there..

I still believe we'll move up to 11th on Tuesday, (I think we'll beat Dundee and I don't expect Thistle to beat Motherwell, who should be looking to make amends for their doing by St.Johnstone).

What then happens on Saturday is anybody's guess but even now, it's still all to play for..