Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Raith Rovers - Sat 11th February
Discuss.

(02-06-2012, 01:35 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Discuss.
I've discussed it and quite agree Huh

I agree to disagree Confused
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Raith Rovers - Sat 11th February. No doubt about it.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(02-06-2012, 08:35 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Raith Rovers - Sat 11th February. No doubt about it.

ah but possibly not, depends if the weather will let us!!
First to the bar

Video 
As usual I'd anticipate a tough challenge from the Rovers, but as usual I'd expect us to win.

Harder work than previous encounters: 2- 1 for County
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

2-0 Raith

I'll take 1-1 with a goal by Colin McMen.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

I think County will win.

Incidentally, we're 500/1 to repeat the 1-7 win at Starks Park in 2003. Stick a quid on it.

Our unbeaten run will come to an end at some point, better against the likes of Raith than Dundee or Falkirk. As long as we bounce straight back!

Team selection will be interesting this week, ie Midge and Lawson.

I would love to see Morrow start this one. His physical presence and his displays this season have been solid and effective and I think giving him a start against a poor Raith defence will see us get a good result on Saturday.

Changed my score prediction to this : Raith 0 v 1 Ross County (Vigurs)

I the last away game to Raith was one of only a couple of starts that Morrow has had this season - but if I remember correctly he went off injured.... Did McMenamin not also go off injured in that game ??

It looks like we have a full squad to pick from, with the exception of Marc Fitzpatrick who has had a few weeks set-back.
But as said above, the interesting thing will be to see the starting eleven.
I think most of us were surprised not only with the players selected, but the formation of the team against St. Mirren. But it worked so credit to Derek Adams for that.

But will he stick with a similar team, or revert to the more tried and tested formation that has served us well in the league so far.
My opinion is it will be back to the tried and tested formula.

County comfortable win onwards and upwards! Believe

(02-10-2012, 08:18 AM)thejailender Wrote: I the last away game to Raith was one of only a couple of starts that Morrow has had this season - but if I remember correctly he went off injured.... Did McMenamin not also go off injured in that game ??

Are you sure, I thought Morrow came off the bench in that one, and didn't really impress, could be my failing memory though. I do seem to recall McMenamin did go off injured though.

McMenamin got injured just before HT. Adams encouraged him to continue but he obviously couldn't, he then had to go off and waited ages for Morrow to get ready and come on for him. Subsequently Morrow then had a good 2nd half and caused the Raith defence problems and had some nice link up play.

My memory is good Big Grin

(02-10-2012, 08:10 PM)IDW16 Wrote: McMenamin got injured just before HT. Adams encouraged him to continue but he obviously couldn't, he then had to go off and waited ages for Morrow to get ready and come on for him. Subsequently Morrow then had a good 2nd half and caused the Raith defence problems and had some nice link up play.

My memory is good Big Grin

That's the scenario I remember now !

There will be a minutes silence before the game tomorrow apparently.

Raith Rovers Abroad are piloting some live commentary.

Anyone can listen to today's game for free if you register. When it's officially launched, I imagine it will only be for overseas customers.

Raith Rovers Abroad

best of luck to the lads today. today is the day we start this hellish month of fixtures. so lets make the most of it!
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Midge not selected again it seems?