Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Anxiety and misery
Lightbulb 
Park your gloom here.

Today 27/1/18 we went 6 points behind the next 2 teams in the table, before we play high-flying Sevco-Rangers tomorrow.

A good run is needed pretty soon to avoid slipping below the Premiership waves to the dark Championship depths below. 

Let's hope we can do our bit to encourage the team and management;
 and they can do their bit to show their quality. 

Booing them at this stage is not recommended if you want us to stay up. Support our team!
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Well said ,but unfortunately there are too many fans who boo even when we are doing well so god help us if we fall behind tomorrow ..
Don’t know how we can get the crowd behind the team,we are not very good at that ...

Never mind the points gap. County likely need seven wins from the 15 fixtures remaining and two or three draws. I think they can do that when Coyle gets everyone up to speed, but it will need a run of form to rival three years ago.

I am as worried about our survival as anyone and wish we could find the right team,tactics and spirit,to my very inexperienced eye it seems like OC/DC doesnt light the fire under the team and I truly hope we can turn the corner soon or we will soon be in the" if they get beat and they draw then we will be ok territory".lets start with something from tomorrow

(01-27-2018, 06:52 PM)Embogary Wrote: Well said ,but unfortunately there are too many fans who boo even  when we are doing well so god help us if we fall behind tomorrow ..
Don’t know how we can get the crowd behind the team,we are not very good at that ...

Well said both you and Weststander.
Booing the team will do nothing to help them.
Get behind the team 100%
If you hear someone close by booing, start clapping and shout the team on.
I’ll take 3 points on Sunday and another 3 midweek.
Come On The County.

Oh ye oh ye what misery

There's some good intentioned people here but we've been awful for 3 months now and a real cuffing tomorrow from gers should seal it for Coyley.

(01-27-2018, 06:53 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Never mind the points gap. County likely need seven wins from the 15 fixtures remaining and two or three draws.

How'd you work that out?

Surely two defeats over the next 4 days will be getting Coyle the boot? That would, at the very least, leave us 6 points behind anybody having played a game more.

And in regards to booing, if people pay their money to see shockingly poor football, then they have every right to boo. I certainly won't be stopping anyone tomorrow if we see the same kind of football we've seen for the past few weeks.

(01-28-2018, 12:29 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: How'd you work that out?

Nothing scientific but it usually takes approx 40-41 points to be safe from the bottom two. It might not take so many this time, with six other teams seeming to be quite equal in quality.

If County finished 11th I’d be very confident of beating a Championship club in the play-offs.

(01-28-2018, 02:19 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: And in regards to booing, if people pay their money to see shockingly poor football, then they have every right to boo. I certainly won't be stopping anyone tomorrow if we see the same kind of football we've seen for the past few weeks.

Spectators boo, supporters don't. If you are there to be entertained, you are a spectator, who can also boo Netflix if you don't like what's on. If you are an actual supporter, you support your team through good and bad, thick and thin, ups and downs. You can vent on here all you want - that does not really affect how the team plays - but booing or shouting abuse at OUR players, who can hear the abuse, does nothing but help our opponents.

We react badly to Rangers/Celtic fans who sneak into the home part of the stadium - those who boo or abuse Ross County players during the match should be treated the same.

(01-28-2018, 09:17 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: Spectators boo, supporters don't. If you are there to be entertained, you are a spectator, who can also boo Netflix if you don't like what's on. If you are an actual supporter, you support your team through good and bad, thick and thin, ups and downs. You can vent on here all you want - that does not really affect how the team plays - but booing or shouting abuse at OUR players, who can hear the abuse, does nothing but help our opponents.

We react badly to Rangers/Celtic fans who sneak into the home part of the stadium - those who boo or abuse Ross County players during the match should be treated the same.

Attached File(s)
.jpg   IMG_7173.JPG (Size: 20.39 KB / Downloads: 27)

(01-28-2018, 08:36 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Nothing scientific but it usually takes approx 40-41 points to be safe from the bottom two. It might not take so many this time, with six other teams seeming to be quite equal in quality.

If County finished 11th I’d be very confident of beating a Championship club in the play-offs.

It is worth noting that there is only 5 points between 6th and 11th place just now. It's so tight with teams taking points off each other (us excluded). If we can get level on points with another team going into the split, then the post split mini league is all to play for.

I agree the odds are very well stacked in favour of the 11th placed club when it comes to the play offs.

(01-28-2018, 02:19 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Surely two defeats over the next 4 days will be getting Coyle the boot?

Ok I'll bite. Do you really, really think Roy would sack McIntyre, bring Coyle in (who was clearly lined up) and then sack him after 19 games?
No, he'll be here at the end of the season whatever our position is.

Incidently, McIntyre was a pundit on Friday nights Sportsound, and saying the squad he left was good enough to cope. Aye right Jim.

I think Roy will sack Coyle. There hasn't even been one good performance or a hint of improvement. 3 months without a win. A real chance of cuffing today. I hope I'm wrong though.

Watching the game the day and it's as same as when we lost 3-1 to Sevco. We look rudderless.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(01-28-2018, 10:27 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Ok I'll bite. Do you really, really think Roy would sack McIntyre, bring Coyle in (who was clearly lined up) and then sack him after 19 games?
No, he'll be here at the end of the season whatever our position is.

Incidently, McIntyre was a pundit on Friday nights Sportsound, and saying the squad he left was good enough to cope. Aye right Jim.

Hearing Billy Dodds do commentary on the game today for Radio Scotland without so much as apologising for the rotten squad he & Jim left was hard to take. Got me into a right good seethe. Glad I missed McIntyre's punditry.

But yes, I do think that Roy would sack Coyle after 19 games. He was brought in to keep us up. Instead we've managed 13 points since September, haven't won since November 4th and 2 of the 3 wins he's manages came in the first 3 games, which you could safely call the "new manager lift". I don't think he's guaranteed to see out of the season. Willie McStay wasn't.

Anxiety and misery?? Are they any good? Are they avaliable? Can they bang the goals in? Or are they the next management team ?