Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.67 Average
Coyle Out
(01-29-2018, 07:10 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: So what are you going to say when it all comes good,?? a lot of points to play for.
Chin up??

and when may that be?..... 13 games without a win now. Nothing will change with this twit in charge.

LDLLDLLDLLLLL

I can’t believe the number of fans who booed the team at half time and then walked out after Fox latest blunder.

I thought there would have been a lot more.

No way can anyone put a positive spin on what we witnessed tonight if Mr Coyle manages to hold on to his job I will be amazed.

The Happy Clappers can spout all they want about getting behind the team but the team needs to give us punters something to get behind.

Edit get him out now the new manager will still have an hour and half of the window to get his own players in.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Get him to [censored]. I get annoyed at the simpleton constantly shouting [censored] like “tackle”, “stop the cross”. Can’t imagine how the players feel. Utter [censored] fraud.

Coyle must go.

I couldn’t hear one useful piece of encouragement or advice tonight from him.

I don’t think it is 100% his fault, but he’s certainly not contributing to any recovery. We’re heading down now, take a punt on a new manager.

The worst that could happen is going to happen anyway.

I was one of the many who left after the 4th went in. That's a 1st for me. I normally watch the game from the jailend but for the 1st time in my life I went home early.

We are in real trouble and Coyle doesn't seem capable of changing that.

The team is unfit and devoid of confidence.

Please give me something to believe that this isn't the end of our time in the top league.

(01-31-2018, 11:56 PM)King_Salmon Wrote: Get him to [censored]. I get annoyed at the simpleton constantly shouting [censored] like “tackle”, “stop the cross”. Can’t imagine how the players feel. Utter [censored] fraud.

Or "tight!" and "get out!"

(02-01-2018, 12:11 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: I was one of the many who left after the 4th went in. That's a 1st for me. I normally watch the game from the jailend but for the 1st time in my life I went home early.

We are in real trouble and Coyle doesn't seem capable of changing that.

The team is unfit and devoid of confidence.

Please give me something to believe that this isn't the end of our time in the top league.

Hamilton are imploding ever-so-slightly. We can catch up with them. There’s enough quality in the squad to win the play-off, we just have to get there.

(02-01-2018, 12:15 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Hamilton are imploding ever-so-slightly.  We can catch up with them.  There’s enough quality in the squad to win the play-off, we just have to get there.

Thanks John I needed that  

Believe!

Remember when I started this thread and got absolutely petered for it...well would you look at that! Maybe I'll get a bit more respect shown to me next time I say something that isn't the popular opinion.

(01-31-2018, 09:54 PM)Despot Wrote: If we don't win on Saturday I think we can start planning for 18/19.

I think Coyle is planning for 18/19.........points
Hear Me Roar!

Let me bring you all back to Saturday the 7th of February 2015. Jim McIntyre has been in the job since September and we've just lost 4-0 to Aberdeen. We're bottom of the league by 6 points after 24 games and look like we have no hope...

Sound familar? What happens next, I hear you ask? We go on a 9 game unbeaten run as teams around us fall off, we finish 9th, 8 points clear of the playoff and 14 off relegation and our new January signings play a major part in our survival.

Now all of that is very similar to our current predicament. OK that was a miraculous run but we dont need to be 14 points clear this year, we only need to be 1. Until it's totally impossible, we've got that chance.

(02-01-2018, 12:24 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Remember when I started this thread and got absolutely petered for it...well would you look at that! Maybe I'll get a bit more respect shown to me next time I say something that isn't the popular opinion.

Nope

(02-01-2018, 12:15 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Hamilton are imploding ever-so-slightly.  We can catch up with them.  There’s enough quality in the squad to win the play-off, we just have to get there.

Do you think we will under Coyle?

Personally I think we have a better squad than Hamilton, by a distance, and it wouldn’t take a huge amount for us to start winning games in this league.

However, I don’t see that under Coyle. He’s looked totally clueless in the past two months unfortunately and I wouldn’t say is even close to getting the best out of the squad.

(02-01-2018, 12:30 AM)MarkPockets Wrote: Let me bring you all back to Saturday the 7th of February 2015. Jim McIntyre has been in the job since September and we've just lost 4-0 to Aberdeen. We're bottom of the league by 6 points after 24 games and look like we have no hope...

Sound familar? What happens next, I hear you ask? We go on a 9 game unbeaten run as teams around us fall off, we finish 9th, 8 points clear of the playoff and 14 off relegation and our new January signings play a major part in our survival.

Now all of that is very similar to our current predicament. OK that was a miraculous run but we dont need to be 14 points clear this year, we only need to be 1. Until it's totally impossible, we've got that chance.
Aye! We live in hope.
I hate to say it, but it’s not looking good.
No shape, lack of team work, game plan, list goes on.
Sad thing is a lot of teams are there for the taking, we are just not organised , on the field and on the sideline.
Afraid it is one error after  another, throughout the team, mind you, just watched the Arsenal multi million pound players making similar if not worse mistakes.
Folk keep going on about Draper, as much as I dislike Caley, the guy was good player for them, having said that, is he our worst player? answer NO, at least he puts a tackle in when he can, some of the others could not tackle a fish supper.
We do not appear to have a leader on the park, no talking or shouting to each other.
I would have the lot of them in training tomorrow, teamwork, passing, learning when to give the ball, simple give and go.
Is it too basic to have them practice free kicks, corner kicks and shits and goal?
Whatever they are doing at training none of the last sentence appears to be practiced .
That group of players should be good enough to win games against bottom half sides, it’s a case of pride and application, if the players and manager don’t have that, then goodbye.

Surprised to still see Coyle in a job this morning. Him saying we were comfortable last night in the first half when three nil down just sums him up. Every interview is just nonsense. He's a fraudulent salesman who can put a positive spin on anything.

(02-01-2018, 12:24 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Remember when I started this thread and got absolutely petered for it...well would you look at that! Maybe I'll get a bit more respect shown to me next time I say something that isn't the popular opinion.

Respect is earned. You're just a [censored], hence, no respect. Wink

The guy is a joke. Least McIntyre was usually always out issuing instructions and getting behind the boys. Coyle usually sitting on his [censored].

People don't give you pelters for not liking Coyle, lots of us don't like Coyle.
Posts like this make it even less likely you get "a bit more respect".

I thought we had the core of a decent squad with some huge gaps, and now think we have a really decent squad with quality and/or cover in most positions - that's arguably largely thanks to Coyle.

The team selections haven't been too out there, no obvious mental shouts like we'd get with Jimmy Mc (Tumilty right wing, Dow wingback, Boyce midfield, etc.) - but a lot of annoyances like Draper's role in centre mid not suiting him, not enough protection on the left flank, no idea what his best XI is, etc.

My biggest concern is, it is years since we looked so poorly drilled and lost on the pitch; the coaching and preparation through the week must be appalling, especially tactically.

Hamilton look to be falling apart just now; I'm interested to see how Dundee cope without Scott Allan and Jack Hendry; if Partick get a few injuries or similar they may rediscover early season's poor form; basically, other teams may fall.  

Plus, we have been before as a club.

But I think that anything positive we achieve will be totally down to the players, and in spite of Coyle's abilities as a coach and tactician.

Dundee on Saturday will be a decent marker.

Having Coyle in charge for Saturday is just a waste of 3 points. We can't afford to keep this up. There's only 13 games left.

Surely another toothless display and heavy defeat to Dundee will be the end for Coyle, the players can see right through him and probably lost all respect for him as a manager.
It's down to Coyle that kvdv has resigned and walked away in disgust, I hope shalk doesn't follow his fellow Dutchman out the door. If he doesn't start the next game after scoring 2 last.night, what's that going to do to his state of mind and confidence.
Also why play effiong and leave Ngog on the bench, everyone knows who is the most likely of the 2 to score, why can't our manager.
I hope Roy's watching on Saturday and if there's no sign of recovery then he admits he got it wrong and makes a decision.
Ketts and fergie to step up until end of season, they can't possibly do any worse.