Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.67 Average
Coyle Out
(01-28-2018, 09:07 PM)Boff Wrote: Worry not from what i have heard today Coyle is on borrowed time. It is recognised that appointing him may havd been a mistake.

Also heard this yesterday from someone very well connected in the club. Recognised the appointment was a mistake.

Coyle has been trying to play this pressing game and for months now it hasn't worked. There is huge gaps all across our midfield as a result of players chasing lost causes. He's constantly shouting at the players to keep chasing it and it showed today for candeias having all the time in the world to shoot. We need to get a manager who can be pragmatic in his approach, attack and defend at the right moments. It's been a disaster and I don't see him changing his approach for the dons game.

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason Coyle hasn't been booted yet is due to finances, and not being able to afford it? If we were to sack him, we'd paying McIntrye and co. off for several years as well as OC's whole management team. If we were relegated, could we really afford this?

It seriously raises questions about the financial state of the club IMO. For all the good Roy McGregor has done for the club, it looks like his mismanagement and his 'Jobs for the lads' approach is going to ultimately cost us.

If the players are not good enough then we blame the manager, who do we blame if manager not good enough??

The nucleus of the players are not the problem, the manager is. He simply is totally and utterly clueless.

(01-29-2018, 01:17 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I'm beginning to wonder if the reason Coyle hasn't been booted yet is due to finances, and not being able to afford it? If we were to sack him, we'd paying McIntrye and co. off for several years as well as OC's whole management team. If we were relegated, could we really afford this?

It seriously raises questions about the financial state of the club IMO. For all the good Roy McGregor has done for the club, it looks like his mismanagement and his 'Jobs for the lads' approach is going to ultimately cost us.
Our finances are not nearly as bad as your lot on the south side of the Kessock Bridge. Instead of trolling on here go out and drum up support for your own ailing club.

(01-29-2018, 01:06 PM)gujeecof Wrote: Our finances are not nearly as bad as your lot on the south side of the Kessock Bridge. Instead of trolling on here go out and drum up support for your own ailing club.

Yet another person attacking me instead of arguing the point. I know we're in a sound financial position at the moment. I'm merely asking the question that if we were to be relegated, which is a realistic possibility, then could we really be afford to be paying off two managers at once? That might explain why Coyle still has a job.

(01-29-2018, 01:51 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Yet another person attacking me instead of arguing the point. I know we're in a sound financial position at the moment. I'm merely asking the question that if we were to be relegated, which is a realistic possibility, then could we really be afford to be paying off two managers at once? That might explain why Coyle still has a job.

"Yet another person attacking me instead of arguing the point."
Do you understand why yet?

"I'm merely asking the question"
No you're not -  see question above.

FWIW - if things don't improve I imagine the board would prefer to take a loss in firing another manager than take a loss with relegation.  Speculation on my part tho.

(01-29-2018, 01:51 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I'm merely asking the question that if we were to be relegated,

Your team were relegated last season mate.

(01-29-2018, 02:23 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Your team were relegated last season mate.

Zzzzzzzzz.

(01-29-2018, 02:05 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: FWIW - if things don't improve I imagine the board would prefer to take a loss in firing another manager than take a loss with relegation.  Speculation on my part tho.

I could see Coyle being kept on in the event of relegation.

Owen Coyle is unfortunately a manager that record doesn't put him in a good light when he gets into these positions. Should we have belief that he will turn this around? Look at his other clubs and the answer may lie there.

For what we are seeing on the park just now, I believe its little to no improvement on McIntyre. We haven't had a "new manager boost" like Kilmarnock and now we are well adrift at the bottom of the league having just played all the teams around us getting 2 points. Yet I still see some people praising performances that iin years gone by we would never accept from a county team.

Seen someone state on p&b that after 24 games last season caley had 18 points. We have 17 points. Ouch.

(01-29-2018, 01:06 PM)gujeecof Wrote: Our finances are not nearly as bad as your lot on the south side of the Kessock Bridge. Instead of trolling on here go out and drum up support for your own ailing club.

Roy Mac the man with the money , but what about other directors the invisible men Is it because Roy rules, one man ruling not good ,
Tell you what is happening community slowly turning against County, because really all,promises all,the pledges have come to nothing,
So we find young players out on loan with other clubs , Russell Dingwall met Forfar boss in Perth Saturday , he then went on to play 90minutes , very late getting home ,hopefully will get him ready for next year ,or a move to another club ,
I wathched two bounce games ,saw his brothers team beat other team Coyle s
On both occasions brother scored the goals ,before Kilmarnock game ,there was a bounce game brothers team won 2 0 Yes brother scored both goals ,
I’m hoping young guys don’t stop playing the game up here , as it seems they are wasting their lives ,
It was no fluke our under twenties won that league last year, some of the boys could maybe have came up to the table given equal,opportunity ,but now we will never know , you can’t judge on one or two games need T least four runs ,after al, there are guys getting that who offer nothing ,
Something has gone awful,wrong overthebridge , Maybe Just Maybe Roy has had enough , of silent support ,

(01-29-2018, 12:46 PM)skelbomark Wrote: The nucleus of the players are not the problem, the manager is. He simply is totally and utterly clueless.

So what are you going to say when it all comes good,?? a lot of points to play for.
Chin up??

The Dundee game feels like win or bust.

It reminds me a lot of the Motherwell game a few seasons back where we had to win, which we did and went on a great run afterwards.

I hope that happens again. Personally, I can’t see it as I’m not seeing many positives on the pitch and you simply don’t win football matches losing two goals every week.

Coyle is as much use as T*ts on a bull tbh. This team just isnt going anywhere under him

Saturday is must win now.... 6 points behind having played a game more, we need to put together one of our famous post January transfer window run.

All we can do is hope, support and believe

If we don't win on Saturday I think we can start planning for 18/19.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

I just know I'm going to regret going to Dundee away on saturday, but hey, might as well enjoy the lat vestiges of premiership football!