Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inverness Supporters Bus Vs Hamilton
The Inverness Supporters bus has been cancelled for our home game Vs Hamilton due to lack of interest.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(10-17-2017, 12:51 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: The Inverness Supporters bus has been cancelled for our home game Vs Hamilton due to lack of interest.

Was this bus available to away fans, and was it advertised to them in advance?

The reason I ask is that one big complain we hear from away fans is that they find it difficult to get back to Inverness after games and be able to catch the trains south.

Was the timing of this bus also enabling fans to catch the trains South in Inverness?

I'd have thought having the bus go through Conon and Maryburgh at least may have made more sense, nobody ever got on at Tore.

Makes things a bit harder for me to get to and from home games. oh well.

Sorry guys - only relaying the info from the club - they added in the Tore stop to try and help those in the Black Isle who complained that it was hard to get to home games - but not many using the bus.

The bus was available to anyone wanting to use it provided they pay'd - I believe some Rangers fans may have used the bus on the way home - bus left Staggies Bar at 5:30pm....your points above are maybe something to raise at the next Supporters Meeting - as I've said before, I suggested other busses for Black Isle and Easter Ross - but I suppose it's the cost of putting these on..?

There were three or four Rangers fans, they went up on the top deck without any issues.

A few Hearts fans asked online regarding it and never seemed to get a response.

Oh well, I enjoyed being one of few people to use it every time it was run. A good idea that sadly just didn't take off.

(10-17-2017, 03:05 PM)Despot Wrote: There were three or four Rangers fans, they went up on the top deck without any issues.

A few Hearts fans asked online regarding it and never seemed to get a response.

Oh well, I enjoyed being one of few people to use it every time it was run. A good idea that sadly just didn't take off.

Agreed and I'm sorry it hasn't worked - the idea was to help fans get to home matches and hopefully entice a few who can't drive, would like a drink to attend....anyway, thanks to those who did use it and hopefully you'll find alternative modes of transport for match days....

(10-17-2017, 02:13 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Sorry guys - only relaying the info from the club - they added in the Tore stop to try and help those in the Black Isle who complained that it was hard to get to home games - but not many using the bus.

The bus was available to anyone wanting to use it provided they pay'd - I believe some Rangers fans may have used the bus on the way home - bus left Staggies Bar at 5:30pm....your points above are maybe something to raise at the next Supporters Meeting - as I've said before, I suggested other busses for Black Isle and Easter Ross - but I suppose it's the cost of putting these on..?
I don’t know why the bus wasn’t put round the other way round picking up in Beauly Muir of Ord Conon and Maryburgh as well as Inverness

That would have been far to long a journey (time wise) to a home game imo.

It was already leaving Inverness at lunchtime.

It usually left Inverness just after half past one, which was more than enough time for you to get a couple of pints in at the Exchange or the Tooth and Claw.

I drove in to Inverness, then left from Inshes @ 1.15pm, that was perfectly fine.

My comment above was with regards to routing the bus through the town, Beauly and then the Muir, it would have probably left @ 12 noon or close to it. I probably wouldn't have used a bus that left so early fora 3pm ko in Dingwall.