Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Ross County v Partick Thistle Sat 9th Sept
Big game this Saturday against another Glasgow team! Must win game as away to yet another Glasgow team next Saturday! Hope the team go at them from kick off and secure a morale boosting 3 points. Mon the Staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

This game will give a good indication where we are as a team another home defeat will increase the pressure on Messrs MacIntyre & Dodds.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

We seem to have a habit of giving Thistle early season points, so I'd honestly be happy if we walk away with a draw- if DKD starts I'll be more confident than if he does not.

Have to say this is a very big game for us as there aren't many games where we can say we "should" be winning - but we need to be chipping points away from the teams around us or it'll start to get very twitchy for us.

I still think we have enough about us in the team to get the points we require to survive in the league - but we must start picking up some points or the pressure will start to mount on the management team.

I'd love to see us start with DKD - and maybe go with Mikkelsen up front with either Curran or Schalk - please don't play one wee guy up front on his own!!

Needs to be an attacking side and go for their throats straight from the whistle!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I'd honestly prefer to see us try and use a back four with Kenny and Naismith overlapping Midge and DKD, but we''ll get 3-5-2 that spends more time as a 5-4-1 probably with angled punts up to Schalk/Curran that they never win.

I really don't know what line up or formation to expect any more. I've lost my Staggie mojo.

(09-06-2017, 03:35 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I really don't know what line up or formation to expect any more.  I've lost my Staggie mojo.

If it of consolation Pete quite a few of us are in same boat !we need to beat Partick,

(09-06-2017, 03:35 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I really don't know what line up or formation to expect any more.  I've lost my Staggie mojo.

The tombola will be spinning before the game or could be caught sight of in the home dugout area spinning wildly after 35 mins as JM and BD search for the break through we can all see from the stands  but will take off the wrong player and put on a player playing out of position.

A loss and it will start to get twitchy.

At least i can rely on a quality staggie pie?

I am disappointed by some of the of negativity circulating in this forum. Criticism is so easy to lay out, but if you are realistic we have in place what is a pretty reasonable squad, certainly good enough to lie mid table.
It always takes some time to find the best system and the players to match it. I would imagine the management team have been working very hard on strategy and fitness over the past two weeks and I am really looking forward to watching the game on Saturday.
My personal choice for the line up (assuming all are fit) would be
Fox
Fraser Davies Naismith
Draper
Curran Lindsay  O’Brien Gardyne
Mikkelsen Mackay
This still leaves some great picks on the bench - DKD, Schalk, Routis, both Dingwalls, KVD, Kelly, Tumilty, Chow, Dow etc
I’m sure we all have differing thoughts about line ups, style of play etc but they all deserve our support, so let’s be more positive. Remember the two home league games we have lost were against the two contenders for second spot – it’s games like this Saturday we need to win and then hope we can pick up the odd win/draw against the big boys later in the season.

(09-07-2017, 08:37 AM)Brick in the wall Wrote: I am disappointed by some of the of negativity circulating in this forum. Criticism is so easy to lay out, but if you are realistic we have in place what is a pretty reasonable squad, certainly good enough to lie mid table.
It always takes some time to find the best system and the players to match it. I would imagine the management team have been working very hard on strategy and fitness over the past two weeks and I am really looking forward to watching the game on Saturday.
Fox
Fraser Davies Naismith
Draper
Mikkelsen Mackay
This still leaves some great picks on the bench - DKD, Schalk, Routis, both Dingwalls, KVD, Kelly, Tumilty, Chow, Dow etc
I’m sure we all have differing thoughts about line ups, style of play etc but they all deserve our support, so let’s be more positive. Remember the two home league games we have lost were against the two contenders for second spot – it’s games like this Saturday we need to win and then hope we can pick up the odd win/draw against the big boys later in the season.

Hi Jim/Billy.  Angel

I'd like to see us go 4-4-2 and have a real go, direct & aggressive, I think that's where we've been at our best under McIntyre. The low block, counter attack attempt against Rangers didn't work at all and that tactic never has under McIntyre IMO.

Fox; Naismith, Fraser, Davies, VDW; Gardyne, Chow, O'Brien, Keillor-Dunn; Curran, McKay.

(09-07-2017, 08:37 AM)Brick in the wall Wrote: I am disappointed by some of the of negativity circulating in this forum. Criticism is so easy to lay out, but if you are realistic we have in place what is a pretty reasonable squad, certainly good enough to lie mid table.
Fox
Fraser Davies Naismith
Draper
Mikkelsen Mackay

The season so far in the league has been grim viewing. There's quality in the squad but it's not being utilized, that's my main issue with us at the minute.

Yeah, 442 same team that finished against rangers to start against PT

(09-07-2017, 10:01 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: I'd like to see us go 4-4-2 and have a real go, direct & aggressive, I think that's where we've been at our best under McIntyre. The low block, counter attack attempt against Rangers didn't work at all and that tactic never has under McIntyre IMO.

Fox; Naismith, Fraser, Davies, VDW; Gardyne, Chow, O'Brien, Keillor-Dunn; Curran, McKay.

I'd expect Lindsay will be in the starting XI this week and indeed most weeks- it's becoming commonplace for loan deals to incentivise the loaning club to play the player each week
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

I think Lindsay's a slightly better option than Chow, Chow runs himself into the ground but doesn't have a lot of quality in what he does. We need more quality from the centre of midfield if we're going to use Schalk to any degree of effect.

4 matches in September. Partick followed by Celtic away, Hibs at home, then Kilmarnock away. Arguably Saturday is the best chance of picking up 3 points, arguably as well if we lose then bottom place beckons by the end of the month.
As to the line up who knows!
Fox, Naismith, Fraser, Davies, certainties if fit.
Gardyne, O Brien and Curran highly likely.
Draper - surely up to match fitness now.
Perm anyone for the rest!
If we lose Saturday real pressure on the management

Jim saying on Ross County TV that O'Brien is a doubt. 

P&J saying Draper has been doing extra sessions to get fitter.

Midge mentioned on MFR that Billy Mckay is looking sharp and banging them in at training.

(09-08-2017, 09:36 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Jim saying on Ross County TV that O'Brien is a doubt. 

P&J saying Draper has been doing extra sessions to get fitter.

Midge mentioned on MFR that Billy Mckay is looking sharp and banging them in at training.

Not really a reliable benchmark given our defense......... only joking  Tongue

The team will be what team the management pick our job is to get behind the team and ENCOURAGE them against Partick
Lets have less slagging off the players they know themselves when they make mistakes and don't need reminded
So come on all you County fans lets show our team the support they deserve and do our bit to help our team win
So we can all have a good week next week and look forward to getting stuck in to the Tics

Seriously, slagging off our own team/management/directors is what our support do best, I honestly think that we have some of the worst supporters in the country. Even worse than the ever grumpy Hearts fans, never happy unless they're gurning about something or other!

But I'm with you, happy clapper or whatever you want to call it, lets get behind OUR team for a change.