Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inverness Supporters Bus Home Game v Partick Thistle
Delighted to confirm for the Partick Thistle game on 9th September there will be a Supporters Bus travelling from Inverness to the stadium and back - also delighted that the club have added in a Tore pick up point - please make use of this great option.

The departure time for those wishing to travel on the Supporters Bus is as follows;

Matalan (Inverness) 1:15pm
Strothers Lane (Inverness) 1.30pm
Tore 1.45pm

The bus will leave the Stadium (Staggies Bar) at 5.30pm after the game.

This is a great way for fans to travel to the game without worrying about public transport.

If this is a success, we will look at continuing this throughout the rest of the season.

Seats are available to book now and will be charged at only £5 for Adults and Under 16s accompanied by an adult will travel for free!

Call the Club during office hours, on 01349 860860 to secure your seat
Supporter Liaison Officer 

If I've recovered from my bout of bronchitis/sinusitis I'll most likely use it, holding off getting a ticket until Thursday or so to see.

Can I pay on the bus ? Wasn't sure if I'd make the game so hadn't phoned to book .. 1 adult 1 child thanks in advance

That's what we were planning too, hope it's alright would be silly to turn paying customers away.

I booked with the ticket office this morning they advised it wasn't too late & list would be updated so all good.

I've seen folk pay to get on before.

A few more on it today, none from tore though.

Again I hope this is an initiative that continues, surely there's more of us from inverness direction who can use support this service!

(09-05-2017, 08:07 AM)Despot Wrote: If I've recovered from my bout of bronchitis/sinusitis I'll most likely use it, holding off getting a ticket until Thursday or so to see.

The fresh air good for you

I used it, just back now! Fresh air and avoiding the sauce is working a treat, I think.

Good to see there were more on the bus for the Partick game - I think it's good that the club are putting this service on for fans and it means less hassle trying to get parked or taking the car full stop.

Thanks for the updates on here - it's good to have this info for passing back to the club.

Is there no way D&E can alter the size of bus depending on the number of takers? It feels strange being on a sit that holds 60+ when there's only 20-30 folk or so on it.

The cost is the same regardless of the size of bus so it makes sense to get a large bus. 

(or so I was told on Saturday anyway)

(09-11-2017, 02:23 PM)frankthetank Wrote: The cost is the same regardless of the size of bus so it makes sense to get a large bus. 

(or so I was told on Saturday anyway)

This is also what I've been told - the cost is the same regardless of the size of the bus so it was deemed sensible to use a larger bus.

I do take your point though Despot that a smaller bus would look much better - I will raise this again with the club and I'm sure it'll be discussed at the upcoming supporters meeting.

I just think for those travelling from Inverness it's a great option!

(09-11-2017, 03:16 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: This is also what I've been told - the cost is the same regardless of the size of the bus so it was deemed sensible to use a larger bus.

I do take your point though Despot that a smaller bus would look much better - I will raise this again with the club and I'm sure it'll be discussed at the upcoming supporters meeting.

I just think for those travelling from Inverness it's a great option!

Would be good if they did a bus from the Invergordon/Alness area,public transport to Dingwall is pretty hopeless for a Saturday afternoon.

(09-11-2017, 10:01 PM)peter griffin Wrote: Would be good if they did a bus from the Invergordon/Alness area,public transport to Dingwall is pretty hopeless for a Saturday afternoon.

When I floated the idea of supporters busses running to home matches we discussed potentially three busses:

1. A bus starting in Tain, picking up in Invergordon, Alness, Evanton etc
2. A  bus starting in Cromarty, picking up in Rosemarkie, Fortrose, Avoch, Tore etc
3. Inverness Bus which could potentially run via Beauly, Muir of Ord, Conon, etc

Obviously the main thing here is the cost of running these busses for the club! 

What is maybe required is a supporter petition to local transport companies (rail and bus) to request better public transport options/links from these areas above on match days.

Central Staggies have raised and suggested this already - but the club have very little influence over public transport! 

But our games are a major event in the area attracting a regular number of people attending the one location - surely transport options would make sense!?

I'll raise this again at the upcoming Supporters Meeting and get discussion on how we could improve this going forward with minimal cost to the club.

It's ridiculous that this should be put upon supporters to do this.

We should maybe appoint someone to the club who's job it could be to contact the public transport firms and lobby on our behalf. Perhaps someone with a bit of sway who held a public office post in some capacity before and would have undoubtedly needed to have met these people before in their previous post. We could call that person the "Director of Stakeholder Liasion" or something similar. Just an idea...
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(09-12-2017, 12:37 PM)Spain Wrote: It's ridiculous that this should be put upon supporters to do this.

We should maybe appoint someone to the club who's job it could be to contact the public transport firms and lobby on our behalf. Perhaps someone with a bit of sway who held a public office post in some capacity before and would have undoubtedly needed to have met these people before in their previous post. We could call that person the "Director of Stakeholder Liasion" or something similar. Just an idea...

Don't know anybody like that.............or do I??????

(09-12-2017, 12:56 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Don't know anybody like that.............or do I??????

Get Mad Maggie on the case!!!  Big Grin

It seems other clubs are doing so; http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news...r-discount

Guys that's excellent info - many thanks for posting that - this is good info for me to bring to the club and try and look at ways we can approach the likes of Stagecoach / ScotRail - many thanks for this - much appreciated!