Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Staggies bar
So, whats the verdict on Staggies bar?

Not eaten in there yet, is it decent?

Been in 3 times after games for a few pints...not impressed by the live entertainment which starts almost immediately after the game. At least let folks have a blether for a wee while before the singing starts. But good on club for trying something new.

Use it most weeks and it's been a great addition the past few seasons, avoids having to go up the street if you want a few beers after the game.
Basket suppers are fine, basic menu but perfect for a quick bite before or after the game (also available in the Hamilton upstairs).
The Hamilton lounge is the Red Poppy Restaurant Thurs-Sun and the menu looks decent, saw it on Sunday.
Agree the music starts a bit early, you really want to have a chat about the game (maybe not last Sunday), plus it has the acoustics of a Kwik Fit garage. But fair play to them for making an effort. We are fortunate to have such a facility.

One issue I found on Sunday that for Aberdeen they had a barrier set up to allow a queue to form- it wasn't there for the Rangers game and it became a bit of a mess.

Other than that, it's pretty decent. The food is good- scampi especially.

(08-29-2017, 10:19 AM)Despot Wrote: One issue I found on Sunday that for Aberdeen they had a barrier set up to allow a queue to form- it wasn't there for the Rangers game and it became a bit of a mess.

Other than that, it's pretty decent. The food is good- scampi especially.

Scampi is always a safe bet.  If it's overcooked, not so good, but generally a solid choice.

A few of these points have already been raised i.e. the music maybe starting a bit later - one thing I did notice in there on Sunday was the heat - it was like a sauna - but then it was really quite warm outside also.

I've eaten in the bar twice now and have to say it's pretty good value for money - not many clubs offering this kind of facility for fans. Haven't tried the restaurant in Hamilton as yet, but fully intend on booking a table to give it a whirl.

Another suggestion is that they utilise other local acoustic musicians and vary the music on offer in the bar - there are loads of good young local musicians that could do a turn in the bar during a season.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Nothing against the manny with the guitar, but nobody wants to hear live music in the immediate aftermath of a miserable defeat like on Sunday.

Also, please have another lager on tap that isn't Tennent's.

They have some Cromarty ales in the fridge which make a nice change, the Red Rocker is pretty damn good.