Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Ross County v Sevco Sun 27th Aug
We haven't lost a game to the current team playing out of Ibrokes and I see no reason why we shouldn't take  a point/points from them this Sun. Take Dorrans, Miller, Foderingham and Alves out of that team and there is nothing else there that should cause us any real problems.
They only took full points in their first game due to the ref bottling a penatly claim for Motherwell, they imploded with a red card and 6 yellows against Hibs and their last game against Hearts would see football stopped by trading standards.
Rangers is just a name now and nothing to be feared, yes their fans are loud but they soon turn on their team if things aren't going their way.
Our only issue is how is Jim going to line up on Sun with injuries and suspensions to deal with. I'd go with:-
Fox
Naismith,Fraser,Davies,Tumilty
Gardyne, Routis, Draper,Dow
Shalk
Curran
Our only other worry is the ref...Craig Thomson!!

If I was the manager I could be tempted to start with Keillor -Dunn instead of Dow. Rest of team no problem. His direct style with Midge on right flank could cause trouble loo ml

Tavernier is the most dangerous right-back in the league when given the opportunity to roam forward. Dow might not have hit the heights of March/April again yet, but like Gardyne he works his socks off for the team when they don't have the ball, which is the benchmark Keillor-Dunn needs to aspire to. I think it will be 352 if Davies is fit so there won't be a place for either.

(08-25-2017, 07:38 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Tavernier is the most dangerous right-back in the league when given the opportunity to roam forward.  Dow might not have hit the heights of March/April again yet, but like Gardyne he works his socks off for the team when they don't have the ball, which is the benchmark Keillor-Dunn needs to aspire to. I think it will be 352 if Davies is fit so there won't be a place for either.

I agree with you,nice to talk about the football isn't it

(08-24-2017, 07:07 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: We haven't lost a game to the current team playing out of Ibrokes and I see no reason why we shouldn't take  a point/points from them this Sun. Take Dorrans, Miller, Foderingham and Alves out of that team and there is nothing else there that should cause us any real problems.
They only took full points in their first game due to the ref bottling a penatly claim for Motherwell, they imploded with a red card and 6 yellows against Hibs and their last game against Hearts would see football stopped by trading standards.
Rangers is just a name now and nothing to be feared, yes their fans are loud but they soon turn on their team if things aren't going their way.
Our only issue is how is Jim going to line up on Sun with injuries and suspensions to deal with. I'd go with:-
Fox
Naismith,Fraser,Davies,Tumilty
Gardyne, Routis, Draper,Dow
Shalk
Curran
Our only other worry is the ref...Craig Thomson!!
You say after various complaints  that Craig Gordon is another worry what is your worry ,you do seem to have a lot of issues ,the football will take care of itself , ivecwatched county. Train all,week a definite 3 points. Beleive me

Looking forward to this. Little surprised in a way that its a sell out because alot of fans nowadays would of just stayed at home or pub to watch it on the tele.

We can get something here!

Really gutted I'm missing this one. Apparently my brother thinks his silver wedding anniversary is more important!
TBF he actually said I could go, my wife however!!

(08-25-2017, 01:50 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Really gutted I'm missing this one. Apparently my brother thinks his silver wedding anniversary is more important!
TBF he actually said I could go, my wife however!!

As a very old timer married 56 years Jamie I know your predicament , it would  be remembered 
Forever , year date  day even exact time ,will,give you honest opinion on game ,I've watched training all week players looking good , it a !! Managerial thing !!3 points for us

RSB - have Davies and JOB been training?

(08-25-2017, 07:02 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: RSB - have Davies and JOB been training?

Not really standing on side when we were there but being there tells me they are ready, not  risked in full training ,just my opinion Stuart  hope it is right ,great to see stadium sold out
Special  bet Roy looking st how much revenue is generated ,hope everything goes well good day for us passes peacefully and look forward to another pay ,now  that would be nice ,
Jaimiesport like us all won't be there like us all petticoat government rules   Hey that's true yes

(08-25-2017, 07:02 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: RSB - have Davies and JOB been training?

Not really standing on side when we were there but being there tells me they are ready, not  risked in full training ,just my opinion Stuart  hope it is right ,great to see stadium sold out
Special  bet Roy looking st how much revenue is generated ,hope everything goes well good day for us passes peacefully and look forward to another pay ,now  that would be nice ,
Jaimiesport like us all won't be there like us all petticoat government rules   Hey that's true yes

Screams 1-1 at the minute.

Our offence is seriously weak.

(08-25-2017, 12:04 AM)the reaper Wrote: If I was the manager I could be tempted to start with Keillor -Dunn instead of Dow. Rest of team no problem.  His direct style with Midge on right flank could cause trouble loo ml

Russell Dingwall should be in squad hard tackling would be good.

The problem with us using Midge as a wing back is that in any physical battle he's generally going to be overmatched (see: Shay Logan).

After today's results we are playing a fellow bottom 6 team! This is games we should be winning at home. So 3 points please Staggies and take us into the top half of the table.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

I'd like to see a starting XI like this;

Fox
Fraser Davies Kelly
Naismith Chow Draper Gardyne
Curran Schalk
McKay

Maybe O'Brien in for Schalk depending on fitness, either would be a good impact sub though.

I wonder how many rangers fans we see walking back towards the ground after the game for the bus, I don't get the logic in travelling all that way and not go to the game because they'd rather watch it in the pub instead.
I always remember a Celtic fan asking my wife in the national, where's the best place to watch the match ? He didn't seem impressed with her quickfire response of at the f***in ground lol.

We have been completely out of it so far. One up front and a swamped midfield most of whom have been anonymous. Hopelass task for Curran
Looks as if Mikkleson is coming on which in itself is a brave call

OMG!

That will haunt Fox for his career.

Looks like game over

Glad I'm not at the game. Jim needs to get this passing out the back to f...

By god. Just seen the 2nd goal. What the f### is Fox doing he just dithers on the ball and gets done by the Morelos boy. Waken up. This is what was bound to happen by playing the ball back to Fox. Rangers scouted the move.

McIntyre needs a swift kick in the backside

To be fair to McIntyre - he may be criticised for the team selection,tactics, formation and substitute - but not for the second goal !!

From nowhere there is hope!
Mikkleson gets one back.
3 midfielders substituted and Rangers now look vulnerable.

(08-27-2017, 03:43 PM)t3hShmo Wrote: Glad I'm not at the game. Jim needs to get this passing out the back to f...
Scottish football in one post.