Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Tickets for rangers game
(08-24-2017, 12:55 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: I read that as you really don't want to still be there, but are just resigned to it  Wink

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm looking for a ticket for the game. Anyone know anyone who has a spare ticket or is willing to let me pay them for the use of their season ticket? I'm struggling to find anyone with a spare ticket. Cheers

(08-24-2017, 01:07 PM)98MorrisonD Wrote: I'm looking for a ticket for the game. Anyone know anyone who has a spare ticket or is willing to let me pay them for the use of their season ticket? I'm struggling to find anyone with a spare ticket. Cheers

Registered recently, one post.

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 1undv8.jpg]" />

(08-24-2017, 03:38 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Registered recently, one post.

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 1undv8.jpg]" />

Aye, I can assure you I'm not a Rangers fan, I'm from invergordon and been a county fan since I could walk. Happen to be not be working, and want to go to the game. I cannot stand the old firm.

(08-24-2017, 03:45 PM)98MorrisonD Wrote: Aye, I can assure you I'm not a Rangers fan, I'm from invergordon and been a county fan since I could walk. Happen to be not be working, and want to go to the game. I cannot stand the old firm.

I can vouch for this lad - he's been trying to find a ticket since Monday and I suggested he post on OTB and also Twitter and Facebook - I checked with the club but the home stands are all sold out.

Hope you find a ticket Dean and sorry I wasn't able to help you  Shy
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Can someone please explain why there is such a demand for tickets when the visiting team is placed sixth in the league. I seem to remember plenty of tickets being available to home supporters for the recent visit of second placed Aberdeen.

(08-23-2017, 10:28 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Some other clubs operate a policy where you are required to have a booking history with the club to be allowed to buy tickets for certain games. County have a supporter database now, so the could do that if they wanted to.  It wouldn't be 100% effective, but if they find away fans are causing problems in the home end then it could be something to consider.

Of course, if away fans behave themselves then arguably it's better to have them in the home end than empty, unsold seats.

Even better if we win as well

(08-24-2017, 07:31 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Can someone please explain why there is such a demand for tickets when the visiting team is placed sixth in the league.  I seem to remember plenty of tickets being available to home supporters for the recent visit of second placed Aberdeen.

Still a lot of deluded fans of the previous incarnation still see them as a historically-relevant team, rather than the reprehensible zombie club they actually are, complete with 'bought' silverware from their journey up the divisions... Angel

(08-24-2017, 08:19 PM)Rocco Wrote: Still a lot of deluded fans of the previous incarnation still see them as a historically-relevant team, rather than the reprehensible zombie club they actually are, complete with 'bought' silverware from their journey up the divisions... Angel

You are shocking absolutely

(08-23-2017, 08:45 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Was thinking about this yesterday, it's a pity that there will still be lots of empty seats despite being "Sold Out", especially those season tickets that were bought cheap over the summer by those only intending to attend a few games.

There are quite a few Ross County ST holders who will not go the game if it is on a Sunday.

(08-25-2017, 07:09 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: There are quite a few Ross County ST holders who will not go the game if it is on a Sunday.

I admire those who do not  go because of  their  beleif  , and also there is disruption for those who travel,long way ,quite often the timing of games is just unrealistic for support to get to ,and has been for years now, buying season ticket does no longer assure game played on Saturday. TV is good for English football nit so good for our game

(08-24-2017, 07:50 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Even better if we win as well

Well said Tattiedave constructive thinking  rather than insulting supporters

(08-25-2017, 08:04 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I admire those who do not  go because of  their  beleif  , and also there is disruption for those who travel,long way ,quite often the timing of games is just unrealistic for support to get to ,and has been for years now, buying season ticket does no longer assure game played on Saturday. TV is good for English football nit so good for our game

Well said Tattiedave constructive thinking  rather than insulting supporters

I'm not a ST holder (very young family that comes first), but I'm one of those that won't be there on Sunday on account of it keeping Sunday's as a day of rest, and I imagine there's a fair few others in this locality.

TBH it's been a bit gutting to consistently see the OF matches moved to Sundays for TV - on a personal level I'd far rather they were moved to Friday nights:
1) I can guilt free attend - kids all in bed
2) leaves whole weekend free
3) football under the spotlights with a bit of rain has left me with some of my best county memories - the win vs Aberdeen where Ricky Foster ripped them apart, and the 4-0 demolishing of Caley.

Stewarding is not good at County.
If there are lots of Rangers fans in the County support this could get unpleasant. Experience tells me that the stewards won't act swiftly. Hopefully I am proven wrong, or even better, hopefully there is no need to test the hypothesis.

As our sixth goal goes flying in (has Midge ever scored a double hat-trick before?) the Rangers fans will stream out of their undercover seats in the East Stand muttering inconsolably.

(08-24-2017, 08:19 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Still a lot of deluded fans of the previous incarnation still see them as a historically-relevant team, rather than the reprehensible zombie club they actually are, complete with 'bought' silverware from their journey up the divisions... Angel

Glad im not the only, one of my favourite past time whens around The Rangers fans, is calling them 'The Rangers' which sets them off, so i refer to them as Skeletor, which makes it better when IieBrox is Castle Greyskull Smile

(08-25-2017, 11:06 AM)t3hShmo Wrote: Glad im not the only, one of my favourite past time whens around The Rangers fans, is calling them 'The Rangers' which sets them off, so i refer to them as Skeletor, which makes it better when IieBrox is Castle Greyskull Smile

***PEDANT ALERT***

Castle Greyskull is actually a good  place that He-Man tries to protect from Skeletor.  So in this context, to call Ibrox Castle Greyskull is a misnomer.

(08-25-2017, 11:43 AM)Forfinn Wrote: ***PEDANT ALERT***

Castle Greyskull is actually a good  place that He-Man tries to protect from Skeletor.  So in this context, to call Ibrox Castle Greyskull is a misnomer.

Indeed. Skeletor actually runs his (mostly hapless) operations out of Snake Mountain

FWIW IMO Friday night games are a far superior match-going experience to any of the non-Saturday 3pm alternatives
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(08-24-2017, 07:31 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Can someone please explain why there is such a demand for tickets when the visiting team is placed sixth in the league.  I seem to remember plenty of tickets being available to home supporters for the recent visit of second placed Aberdeen.

Aberdeen not the most successful club in the world you see

(08-25-2017, 12:52 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Aberdeen not the most successful club in the world you see

Nor are Rangers.

(08-25-2017, 01:22 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Nor are Rangers.

I think you'll find it's 'The Rangers'  Tongue