Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Our management team
Quote:Draper’s strength lies in breaking down as opposed to making up so he should anchor midfield, drop back as needed

I would honestly say Draper's at his most effective when he's striding forward with the ball, swatting aside players with his frame- he was massively effective doing that against us.

(08-29-2017, 05:02 PM)t3hShmo Wrote: McShane, Woods and now Chow.

Who really  wants our No8 Shirt!

Richie Britain started with the 8 on his back, the players wearing it would do well to remember that!

Trouble with certain County fans is they're not happy unless they're moaning and they need to find a player to direct there displeasure towards.

Chow is undeserving of this IMO  Sad

(08-30-2017, 09:32 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Richie Britain started with the 8 on his back, the players wearing it would do well to remember that!

Trouble with certain County fans is they're not happy unless they're moaning and they need to find a player to direct there displeasure towards.

Chow is undeserving of this IMO  Sad

Let's chow over that then Jamie ,in all honesty we say and reply and ask questions of each other disagree  agree to disagree ,it is what keeps the forum going  every opinion is important ,
And in my honest opinion of Ross County  there's a decent enough bunch of players  !! Just a couple of things nit right !!! Unfortunately it this that keeps us tottering on a precipice

I think the issue isn't the standard of players, it's getting the balance of the team right.

I don't think JMac knows his best midfield 2 or 3, and relying on Midge for creativity and a defensive presence is going to cost us over the season. I'd much prefer Midge being used offensively more than defensively.

(08-30-2017, 08:51 AM)Despot Wrote: I would honestly say Draper's at his most effective when he's striding forward with the ball, swatting aside players with his frame- he was massively effective doing that against us.

I would love to see that and perhaps we will, but not sure who else is physical enough to play the holding role?

Hope Jim and Billy are watching tonight - if we set up like PSG we should sail through on Saturday

So we have 4 points from a possible 18. I wasn't expecting anything from Celtic or Aberdeen, nor Rangers tbh. I reckon the next 4 fixtures are critical, no reason why we shouldn't beat Hibs & Killie, nor Hearts & Hamilton. Next month or so is do or die for Jim n Billy imho.

We have been here time and time again though. Obviously glad they have scraped through, but don't think we are moving anyways forward

(09-17-2017, 03:08 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: So we have 4 points from a possible 18. I wasn't expecting anything from Celtic or Aberdeen, nor Rangers tbh. I reckon the next 4 fixtures are critical, no reason why we shouldn't beat Hibs & Killie, nor Hearts & Hamilton. Next month or so is do or die for Jim n Billy imho.

Yeah, a big month and i'd hope we can pick up a few points in the next few fixtures.  We're starting to see the likes of Draper look sharper and we'll hopefully see McKay starting matches and firing the goals in.

Hibs next week will be very tough, they look better than i'd initially given them credit for, stokes, Whittaker and McGinn are doing very well for them.

(09-17-2017, 03:08 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: So we have 4 points from a possible 18. I wasn't expecting anything from Celtic or Aberdeen, nor Rangers tbh. I reckon the next 4 fixtures are critical, no reason why we shouldn't beat Hibs & Killie, nor Hearts & Hamilton. Next month or so is do or die for Jim n Billy imho.

I think it's fair to expect a minimum of six points from those four games.

(09-17-2017, 06:03 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I think it's fair to expect a minimum of six points from those four games.

Totally agree with this, we've had a fairly tough run of games but less than six from the next four games and there needs to be some serious discussions around the management team.

(09-17-2017, 09:11 PM)Rocco Wrote: Totally agree with this, we've had a fairly tough run of games but less than six from the next four games and there needs to be some serious discussions around the management team.

We have a squad capable . Of winning all  the four games,  but not knowing who your playing beside too many changes every week, no consistency no real,plan or system  
I agree less than 6 points. Should trigger the jettison button ,we are not going anywhere , we deserve better

It's a bit too soon to be panicking and talking about changing the management team. We haven't had a full round of games yet. It's been an underwhelming start to the campaign fortunes can change quickly in this league. Never once this season at kick-off have I thought that's a poor looking starting eleven we've put out today. Every game we play we have a strong subs bench. Our players will be well-paid and well looked after by Roy and the board. Perhaps time for them to raise their game?

To quote the Clash,

"should jim stay or should he go?"

With similar form last season he was open with saying he was responsible for the team underperforming....

Same again it seems. Time to worry or will it come right? I am worried....

Bye bye

(09-23-2017, 06:26 PM)Despot Wrote: To quote the Clash,

"should jim stay or should he go?"

Pretty certain the Clash never sung that. 

Very poor recruitment in the summer. That money from Boyce' s sale burnt a hole in our pocket. Could have got someone a lot better than Draper for the fee we paid. 

Unfortunately JM's lack of contacts have prevailed yet again.

(09-24-2017, 02:13 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Pretty certain the Clash never sung that. 

Very poor recruitment in the summer. That money from Boyce' s sale burnt a hole in our pocket. Could have got someone a lot better than Draper for the fee we paid. 

Unfortunately JM's lack of contacts have prevailed yet again.

I've heard you spout this about contacts before, I say the problem is convincing players to relocate and move their families to the Highlands that's the problem. ICT had/have the exact same issue.  That's why this youth programme is so vital to us.

Yesterday was poor we may need a change, international weekend is after the Killie away game next. Decisions need to be made imo

Big questions need to be asked of the summer recruitment.

Two players who were relegated from the SPL last season and two players from the Championship - is that going to get us into the top six? Naismith also arrived in January, another player from the Championship. Surely there's only one way we're heading if all our signings are coming from the Championship.

A far cry from McIntyre's first summer in 2015 where Davies, Irvine, Gardyne, Fox, Foster, Woods, Schalk and Graham all signed permanently. Real quality and experience that we all felt could take us into the top six - and did.

How long does Roy wait to see if Jim can turn this around?

What is his overall league record now since joining us?