Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our management team
(08-27-2017, 09:38 PM)tattiedave Wrote: You can have any formation you want,but if you have players bottling tackles early doors you are beat.
Tactics were too defensive, played too deep in first half,stood off them,made them look good.
Just have to beat them at Ibrox to even it up.
By the way,we have to take heart in the way" The Rangers " fans celebrated the victory,they were worried and not confident before ko

I have nothing but respect fir you Tattiedave  good county man you say it as it is 
Alas I do think Roy must summon little and large to office

BBC for once had it right.  Gave them too much respect.   Is our management team frightened or lacking bravado?  From the second half performance it was clear we could and should have beaten them. I get the feeling too much attention is given to countering others strengths and not on attacking their weaknesses.

Again today we saw this futile playing out from the back, players not seeing others in open space or not using them.  I getting feeling they have conform to a game plan which is inhibiting flair

That long driven ball from defence seriously has to stop. It never seems to come off but we persist in it.

(08-27-2017, 09:14 PM)roth08 Wrote: Know it’s not popular but Woods was the one central midfielder last year who at least looked to create going forward. In a 2 there were risks but he at least looked for a pass.  We are now so reliant on Gardyne things are easy to stop and he keeps working and our one goal came down that side but really we didn’t create that much.  I certainly felt today first half was really poor but I don’t think I could fault the effort but the tactics and structure were poor and man that felt awful today.

If Woods had been making passes like O'Brien was yesterday he'd have been getting pelters from sections of the crowd.
Sometimes fans get what they deserve, and what we've got is Chow.

(08-28-2017, 01:48 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote:  If Woods had been making passes like O'Brien was yesterday he'd have been getting pelters from sections of the crowd.

We could have got Russell Dingwall but Macintyre Prefers outsiders, pity because Russell is as good as some in the team and better than others in front of him ,chow Dow Linzay  he would have made tremendous different yesterday ,we might have been looking at 3 points this morning

On the subject of passing ability, can anyone tell me what Dylan Dykes is doing at the moment, since he's not even appearing on the bench..??

(08-28-2017, 08:42 PM)Fozzie Wrote: On the subject of passing ability, can anyone tell me what Dylan Dykes is doing at the moment, since he's not even appearing on the bench..??

Hope he has not jumped the dyke

(08-28-2017, 01:48 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote:  If Woods had been making passes like O'Brien was yesterday he'd have been getting pelters from sections of the crowd.

The issue with Woods was not his passing or obvious ability it was his attitude and workrate.   O'Brien cannot be faulted for his workrate.  Watching him on Sunday he was covering a serious mileage across the park.   Something you could never finger Woods for.  So lay off O'Brien and just watch him for 5 minutes in a game, then go home and watch a replay of Woods in a game.  Chalk and cheese I would suggest.  Re Chow the jury is out but I suspect a verdict is imminent.

(08-28-2017, 10:58 PM)the reaper Wrote:

The issue with Woods was not his passing or obvious ability it was his attitude and workrate.   O'Brien cannot be faulted for his workrate.  Watching him on Sunday he was covering a serious mileage across the park.   Something you could never finger Woods for.  So lay off O'Brien and just watch him for 5 minutes in a game, then go home and watch a replay of Woods in a game.  Chalk and cheese I would suggest.  Re Chow the jury is out but I suspect a verdict is imminent.

Young Russell Dingwall  should be getting a shout, he would have been better shout than Draper right now,fast and Gets into tackles , but Draper will,come good

(08-28-2017, 11:35 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Young Russell Dingwall  should be getting a shout, he would have been better shout than Draper right now,fast and Gets into tackles , but Draper will,come good

Aye we get it.  You want the local lads to play.

Unfortunately he wasnt even in the squad which suggests he's no-where near good enough yet.  A short untested 20 year old when chasing the game against Rangers?  I'll stick with Draper please.

I think the elephant in the room is the glaring lack of quality in midfield, and I'm looking directly at Dow and Chow.  Macintyre has no clue to his best starting 11 nor his preferred formation.  Continuity breeds success, and our continuity is zero just now.

Draper's a bit lost at the minute as we seem to have to discernible shape to how our midfield works. Draper, O'Brien and Lindsay try and press as does Chow but Dow and Routis don't tend to bother so our shape gets lost and teams find it easy to pass through us when players aren't pressing.

(08-28-2017, 10:58 PM)the reaper Wrote:

If it's just effort you want I can only repeat what I said further up. I'm hardly on O'Brien's case, I used him as an example of how people perceive certain types of player, thanks for giving weight to that by suggesting I've missed something...

I couldn't really criticise the work rate of any County player in McIntyre's tenure. As said by others though right now we lack precious quality, and invention, especially in midfield.

(08-29-2017, 02:10 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: If it's just effort you want I can only repeat what I said further up. I'm hardly on O'Brien's case, I used him as an example of how people perceive certain types of player, thanks for giving weight to that by suggesting I've missed something...

I couldn't really criticise the work rate of any County player in McIntyre's tenure. As said by others though right now we lack precious quality, and invention, especially in midfield.

Can't disagree with you.  If Woods had half the work rate of some of the present team he would be playing at a higher level.  Another long season beckons.

(08-29-2017, 03:25 PM)the reaper Wrote: Can't disagree with you.  If Woods had half the work rate of some of the present team he would be playing at a higher level.  Another long season beckons.

Does depend on what he was being asked to do - maybe he was asked to look forward.  We need a balance in midfield and I think e need a little more creative quality and personally would take Woods back if we played him with two more sitting midfielders Draper and Routis say giving him cover.  Not every player needs to do everything its the balance and with two Woods was exposed as his skill set was not the tackling back but with balance we could play to his strengths.  I personally always thought he worked hard for County - some players don't always look like it though.

McShane, Woods and now Chow.

Who really wants our No8 Shirt!

(08-29-2017, 05:02 PM)t3hShmo Wrote: McShane, Woods and now Chow.

Who really  wants our No8 Shirt!

Kenny Gilbert

(08-29-2017, 09:09 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Aye we get it.  You want the local lads to play.

Unfortunately he wasnt even in the squad which suggests he's no-where near good enough yet.  A short untested 20 year old when chasing the game against Rangers?  I'll stick with Draper please.

I think the elephant in the room is the glaring lack of quality in midfield, and I'm looking directly at Dow and Chow.  Macintyre has no clue to his best starting 11 nor his preferred formation.  Continuity breeds success, and our continuity is zero just now.

No you don't get it,Imwant in form players nit trying to justify wrong signings. 
I watch training Regular. Russell Dingwall,right now yard faster the anoyone on park ,  he led last years Under twenty ( development squad.  To league win  playing against  lots of first  team 
 opposition on the way , 
Against Forfar Russell, outstanding. Davie Keller Dunne even more so  he gotMOM.   Not even in squad for Motherwell  game DKD will,get a big pay day for county immense young fellow 
 You say Russell,not even in squad which suggests he's no where near good enough yet short untested 29 year old when Chasing game against Rangers so unfit  Draper you say. Fair enough entitled to your opinion,
When young DKD came on he lifted team.looks better than senior  players , Russell,would have run the legs of that Rangers players matter of fact  he would  have enjoyed  kicking lumps out of them honest young lad  fanatical,Celtic Man !! 
The elephant in the room you say glaring lack of Quality in midfield ,and your looking at Dow Chow again poor reflection on manager Macintyre has no clue of his best starting 11 you say nor his preferred formation ,----- could it be he is wrong about youth too then , continuity breeds success. Nit true if it's. Duds playing each week  ,

By your post it would suggest Macintyre no where near ready to manage first team  football lol 
Just saying. 
I'm away in  to,Dingwall development or under twenty ( confusing ) playingnElgin 7 45 kick off 
Hopefully DKD plays andvRussell  ha ha. Enjoy tyevcraic

Buff you state Dingwall was outstanding against Forfar - what a surprise - I would remind you that this mob sit near the bottom of League One. If Dingwall had been unable to show a semblance of ability against this grade of opposition then a loan move to the likes of Elgin beckons.

Having watched two of the league games and the cup games live this season and two on highlights I feel that our main problem is that we are struggling to settle both on formation and population.

We probably all have a different starting eleven in mind, but as things stand, if there is no further signing action I feel we need to make the best of what is quite a reasonable squad. We must firm up on the main structure and then stick closely to it (injuries & suspensions permitting) for a number of games. Players need to build up their self-confidence and understanding both of each other and of their role in the team. They are certainly good enough to keep us mid table and with good management hopefully better.

I personally would favour this as the main nucleus
Fox
Fraser Davies Naismith
Draper
Curran Lindsay O’Brien Gardyne
Mikkelsen Mackay
Defence: IMO picks itself
Midfield :
Draper’s strength lies in breaking down as opposed to making up so he should anchor midfield, drop back as needed
Curran –a tireless worker and can cross a ball as we saw on Saturday - let him work wide. He doesn’t need, as currently happens, relentless long balls with a 6ft + centre half up his back
Lindsay - has a bit to prove but should be able to learn from JOB and Draper and of course the management team
JOB – we need someone to make space and be creative from midfield, this is not happening yet but potential is there
Gardyne - Mr dependable but niggles creeping in to his game due to frustration, needs fed properly
Up Front:
Mikkelsen - given decent service from the wings he should win more than his fair share either scoring direct or laying off. He needs game time and encouragement.
Mackay – If he can gain some of the form he had 1st time with ICT then we have a winner. Needs to build up a partnership though.
(Schalk nipping at both their heels should keep them alert.)
Still some great picks on the bench most definitely - DKD, Schalk, Routis, both Dingwalls, KVD, Kelly, Tumilty etc
The management team have now had a number of ‘real’ games under their belt to help them determine their main structure I hope they can use the time before the Partick game to settle on it.

They all deserve our support, let’s be positive.

(08-30-2017, 08:18 AM)YBrick in the wall Wrote: Having watched two of the league games and the cup games live this season and two on highlights I feel that our main problem is that we are struggling to settle both on formation and population.

We probably all have a different starting eleven in mind, but as things stand, if there is no further signing action I feel we need to make the best of what is quite a reasonable squad. We must firm up on the main structure and then stick closely to it (injuries & suspensions permitting) for a number of games. Players need to build up their self-confidence and understanding both of each other and of their role in the team. They are certainly good enough to keep us mid table and with good management hopefully better.

Fox
Fraser Davies Naismith
Draper
Curran Lindsay  O’Brien Gardyne
Mikkelsen Mackay
Midfield :
Draper’s strength lies in breaking down as opposed to making up so he should anchor midfield, drop back as needed
Curran –a tireless worker and can cross a ball as we saw on Saturday - let him work wide. He doesn’t need, as currently happens, relentless long balls with a 6ft + centre half up his back
Lindsay - has a bit to prove but should be able to learn from JOB and Draper and of course the management team
JOB – we need someone to make space and be creative from midfield, this is not happening yet but potential is there
Gardyne - Mr dependable but niggles creeping in to his game due to frustration, needs fed properly
Up Front:
Mikkelsen - given decent service from the wings he should win more than his fair share either scoring direct or laying off. He needs game time and encouragement.
Mackay – If he can gain some of the form he had 1st time with ICT then we have a winner. Needs to build up a partnership though.
Still some great picks on the bench most definitely - DKD, Schalk, Routis, both Dingwalls, KVD, Kelly, Tumilty etc
The management team have now had a number of ‘real’ games under their belt to help them determine their main structure I hope they can use the time before the Partick game to settle on it.

Over two years now last be positive , yes there is decent players. What's missing then

(08-30-2017, 08:18 AM)YBrick in the wall Wrote: Having watched two of the league games and the cup games live this season and two on highlights I feel that our main problem is that we are struggling to settle both on formation and population.

Fox
Fraser Davies Naismith
Draper
Curran Lindsay  O’Brien Gardyne
Mikkelsen Mackay
Midfield :
Up Front:

Over two years now last be positive , yes there is decent players. What's missing then