Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Our management team
Yes it's early season but with the exception of post split fixtures last season we are rotten.  By the sounds of it our manager has been heavily backed during his time with us yet we are still so unpredictable. Shipping goals for fun and not looking all that likely to convert at the other end. Does our manager know our best formation/ starting 11?  Why do we've concede so many goals? Anyone else worried? Big pressure on McKay to hit the ground running.

We've played very well in bursts (first half against Dundee, first 20 against Aberdeen, first half against Motherwell).

Aberdeen are just better than us (and most of the league) and Motherwell given their goals due to horrible mistakes by defenders. Not a lot he can do about a fresh air swipe from Davies and Kenny falling asleep and not following his man.

3 games in? Seriously guys, has anybody seen what these kind of knee jerk reactions have done to the likes of Blackpool? As mentioned above, so far this season it's been mistakes from players that have caused the majority of the goals against us. I was one of the sceptics about keeping them on past the end of the season, but I think it's pointless changing st this point. Whoever comes in would have zero time to bring in players they wanted, for example. We're 1 for 3 right now, it's not as bad as some are making out!

Only thing I see so far that if Davies is out for any length of time we are seriously short of quality at centre half. Fraser is decent, but he's not the aggressive ball winner Davies is.

(08-20-2017, 12:51 PM)Despot Wrote: Only thing I see so far that if Davies is out for any length of time we are seriously short of quality at centre half. Fraser is decent, but he's not the aggressive ball winner Davies is.

Davies good in air clears ball on the deck nit so good and cumbersome ,Marcus has come on magnificently  I see him as future captain of county ,  a fit Draper will help ,see that crappie Moult. From Motherwell he would sort out middle of park , just like Stevie May would have sorted our striker problem 
Mcinnes Lennon spent well in transfer market

Fraser needs a bigger, stronger centre half next to him. He's got the pace, positioning and ball skills to be crucial at the back for us, but he's not the most imposing physically and Davies excels in the areas Fraser doesn't, That's why I think they work so well together.

This thread is about our management team. I've voiced my concerns about our management team's inability or unwillingness to change tactics during a game in response to changes made by the opposing team.

This sums up the seasonn so far for me http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40988942
Motherwell make a change and we can't respond. Why not . I pointed out that Midge ran riot down the left against Aberdeen in the first half yet in the second he plays on the right and is lost to the game. Why?

(08-20-2017, 01:04 PM)Despot Wrote: Fraser needs a bigger, stronger centre half next to him. He's got the pace, positioning and ball skills to be crucial at the back for us, but he's not the most imposing physically and Davies excels in the areas Fraser doesn't, That's why I think they work so well together.

Fraser better centre back than Davies  in time Fraser will  captain county ,You  only see the good part Davies clearing ball, 8 out of ten to opposition and it starts all over again yes looks good sissor   kicks but again not really cleared,  suspect when being attacked on the deck ,pint of milk turns faster no speed ,but great in air that is what he is good at ,he can win a ball in the air but  opposition lleave him for dead  on the deck ,at times causal  Motherwell goal.Davies  at fault ,but hopefully we can rally as a team

(08-20-2017, 01:01 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Davies good in air clears ball on the deck nit so good and cumbersome ,Marcus has come on magnificently  I see him as future captain of county ,  a fit Draper will help ,see that crappie Moult. From Motherwell he would sort out middle of park , just like Stevie May would have sorted our striker problem 
Mcinnes Lennon spent well in transfer market

May cost Aberdeen 300k, so he was never in our range.

(08-20-2017, 09:12 PM)t3hShmo Wrote: May cost Aberdeen 300k, so he was never in our range.

We have the buying power of Aberdeen alright ,you won't see their chair give knockdown season tickets 
No problem to Roy,honestly I don't know what May cost ,but it is where you are in league ,Aberdeen think  2nd  place is theirs for taking so pay  money ,recover it by placing in league plus europa 
 We must get 3 points from clowns this weekend ,or order taxi Clowns are Rangers

Stevie May will also be on a considerable wage. I doubt anyone outside the glasgow, and edinburgh clubs would afford him (other than the dons).

(08-20-2017, 09:52 AM)Heidcase1987 Wrote: Yes it's early season but with the exception of post split fixtures last season we are rotten.  By the sounds of it our manager has been heavily backed during his time with us yet we are still so unpredictable. Shipping goals for fun and not looking all that likely to convert at the other end. Does our manager know our best formation/ starting 11?  Why do we've concede so many goals? Anyone else worried? Big pressure on McKay to hit the ground running.

I'm just checking, do you blame the Jim McIntyre for Schalk blazing his second half chance over the bar?  Or Billy Dodd's for our captain Davies having a fresh air swipe that led to motherwell's opening goal?

Maybe Jim & Billy both conspired to instruct Ross Draper to leave aberdeen's Mark Reynolds unmarked at that corner?

By accounts (that i've heard anyway) we played really well at motherwell in the first half but the home team were better in the second.  Our second half against aberdeen was disappointing but I still feel we were unlucky not to get a second goal in that match and I think that would have been good enough to get us a point from a very hard game.

(08-21-2017, 01:43 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm just checking, do you blame the Jim McIntyre for Schalk blazing his second half chance over the bar?  Or Billy Dodd's for our captain Davies having a fresh air swipe that led to motherwell's opening goal?

Maybe Jim & Billy both conspired to instruct Ross Draper to leave aberdeen's Mark Reynolds unmarked at that corner?

By accounts (that i've heard anyway) we played really well at motherwell in the first half but the home team were better in the second.  Our second half against aberdeen was disappointing but I still feel we were unlucky not to get a second goal in that match and I think that would have been good enough to get us a point from a very hard game.
The first half performance from County against Motherwell was excellent as was our first half against Aberdeen,  we did everything apart from score on Saturday, if we'd got the first goal, it would have been a totally different game.

Motherwell changed their shape at half time and after scoring their confidence soared and our heads went down a bit - Motherwell could have scored more with silly back pass from Routis, Fraser saved us a few times! 

The two mistakes didn't help us - but these things happen in games.

I'm hoping Mckay starts on Sunday against Rangers as I do think we need a poacher like him in the box! 

Schalk and Curran do too much running trying to win the ball back etc for me and are not in the right place when the ball is played into the box! 

Watching Mckay against Forfar, he hardly moved from the front line and links up well with wide players taking the ball down on his chest etc, laying it off and making a good run into the box - that's what we need from a striker!

It's early days and we have started the season with some tough games - but we have beaten Dundee away in the first game which is something we have failed to do for some time - just have to hope we can get some points on the board soon when we play the likes of Partick, Kilmarnock, Hamilton etc....but nothing to say we won't sneak something on Sunday if we get the team right....Draper in midfield to break things up!

My only concern is Davies going off injured on Saturday and Curran was also limping quite heavily at one point!  Rangers tore Hearts apart on Saturday and I'm still not sure how they didn't score / win that game?? So it'll be a tough ask on Sunday!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-21-2017, 02:01 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: The first half performance from County against Motherwell was excellent as was our first half against Aberdeen,  we did everything apart from score on Saturday, if we'd got the first goal, it would have been a totally different game.

Motherwell changed their shape at half time and after scoring their confidence soared and our heads went down a bit - Motherwell could have scored more with silly back pass from Routis, Fraser saved us a few times! 

The two mistakes didn't help us - but these things happen in games.

I'm hoping Mckay starts on Sunday against Rangers as I do think we need a poacher like him in the box! 

Schalk and Curran do too much running trying to win the ball back etc for me and are not in the right place when the ball is played into the box! 

Watching Mckay against Forfar, he hardly moved from the front line and links up well with wide players taking the ball down on his chest etc, laying it off and making a good run into the box - that's what we need from a striker!

It's early days and we have started the season with some tough games - but we have beaten Dundee away in the first game which is something we have failed to do for some time - just have to hope we can get some points on the board soon when we play the likes of Partick, Kilmarnock, Hamilton etc....but nothing to say we won't sneak something on Sunday if we get the team right....Draper in midfield to break things up!

My only concern is Davies going off injured on Saturday and Curran was also limping quite heavily at one point!  Rangers tore Hearts apart on Saturday and I'm still not sure how they didn't score / win that game?? So it'll be a tough ask on Sunday!
We need a winger ,if anything happens to Midge we are snookered going forward  he is the one we depend on to take people on ,who else  can do this, point of question  are our forwards too much on small side , we cannot go on if we got  first goal !! We didn't !!  Hope Mackay hits the ground running.

watched the the training session today, To kill rumour  firstly Gregg Morrison was training he has a bandage on his arm ,big Draper  Draper looked cumbersome ,the most polished player at training looking a yard sharper than his mates, Russell Dingwall,this boy deserves a run even coming of bench,to allow him break through .better  than one or two already in front of him

Also in regards to Motherwell, Cadden absolutely obliterates when he goes out wide. He's got Kenny and Kelly totally beaten. When he plays centrally (in the first half) he's far less effective.

(08-21-2017, 03:30 PM)Despot Wrote: Also in regards to Motherwell, Cadden absolutely obliterates when he goes out wide. He's got Kenny and Kelly totally beaten. When he plays centrally (in the first half) he's far less effective.

Fingers crossed he signs for Huddersfield then!

(08-21-2017, 01:43 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm just checking, do you blame the Jim McIntyre for Schalk blazing his second half chance over the bar?  Or Billy Dodd's for our captain Davies having a fresh air swipe that led to motherwell's opening goal?

Of course they conspired they put them on the field didn't they Franki boy. Lol 
I spent all morning watching training.

(08-21-2017, 09:48 AM)Despot Wrote: Stevie May will also be on a considerable wage. I doubt anyone outside the glasgow, and edinburgh clubs would afford him (other than the dons).

It's insane to think County could ever sign Stevie May.  It'd be like signing Liam Boyce back from Burton.  He's not going to take that kind of backwards step.

(08-22-2017, 10:30 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: It's insane to think County could ever sign Stevie May.  It'd be like signing Liam Boyce back from Burton.  He's not going to take that kind of backwards step.

Utter nonsense  its the geography that bears us players probably do nit want to come here ,( Vander Beg). then he had to eat humble pie , but if we drop  down the league ,finish in bottom 6 arguement either way. Less pay out loss of revenue ,the way you put it we are little sisters of the poor ,
So it is backward to come to county you say ,

(08-22-2017, 03:03 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Utter nonsense  its the geography that bears us players probably do nit want to come here ,( Vander Beg). then he had to eat humble pie , but if we drop  down the league ,finish in bottom 6 arguement either way. Less pay out loss of revenue ,the way you put it we are little sisters of the poor ,
So it is backward to come to county you say ,

Who in the name of god is Vander Beg? 

Aberdeen average crowd is around 10k more than ours. They have a lot more financial clout than we do.