Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell Vs Ross County
(08-18-2017, 06:01 PM)Despot Wrote: Louis Moult wants away, wonder if he'll play. Could do without him tbh.

Whoever he signs for will be getting a very good hard uncompromising player watch Derek mcinnes  he got a cracker in. Stevie May .Tommy Wright. Knew what  the dud at ibrox didn't he got Ohalloron and played him where he is good. Neil,Lennon goes for Murray  we go for a guy with Golfers name. Meilkilsen. Absolutely reminds me of a. Guy called Flo useless  Your good Despot like your pos

Highlights here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhXJqFowIEM

Too many throw ins going to the opposition, eg the first goal.
Too many slack passes going to the oppostion.

At the end of the day, mistakes aside, the very best we were going to get from that game was a 0-0 as we failed to score.
Problems from back to front. Motherwell are one of our 'bread and butter' teams.
Unimpressive.

Interesting comments regarding Louis Moult from Ross shire Buff - Moult like the two Motherwell lads who caused us bother yesterday - Richard Tait and Ryan Bowman - come straight from English non league football. McIntyre should scout the north east clubs like Gateshead - he will know ex Dunfermline player - Clark Kay - at Consett who will have a good working knowledge of players from that grade.

The lack of goals is starting to worry me.

Didn't score against Hibs, didn't score against Arbroath, scored 1 in 90 minutes against Motherwell in the cup, scored 1 from a set piece against Aberdeen and didn't score against Motherwell. That's from 5 out of our last 6 games.

With McKay fit now, he and Schalk need to step up and start scoring. Boyce's goals were often the difference in the tight games against the bottom six, I really hope McKay can start to fill that void.

What about the goals from midfield? Can Gardyne, Dow or Keillor-Dunn score 8-10 league goals from the wing? I'm not convinced. I miss when we had two wingers with real quality on top form in 2015 with Gardyne & De Vita.

^^^
It's a bit of a worry.  Gardyne is our main creative player in the squad - last season he got two goals and four assists in the league according to transfermarkt.com.   We rely too heavily on him to produce something.

Watching the highlights of the other Premiership matches at the weekend, it's noticeable how other 'bottom six' clubs have someone to carry the ball 20+ yards up the pitch - even Hamilton have Greg Docherty in midfield to push the team forward from midfield.  Rory Deacon didn't have a great game vs County, but he caused Aberdeen all sorts of problems with his pace.  I can't remember the last time County have been able to beat Considine down the outside.  Naismith is the closest we have to someone who can surge forward, but as a defender he doesn't always have the final ball.

I get that a quality winger with pace and a good delivery is difficult to find.  However, considering how much of County's play is based on getting crosses into the box, I sometimes find it baffling that McIntyre has never signed a winger with enough pace to beat most full-backs one-on-one.  Franks was the closest but he was converted to that and wasn't quick enough to trouble most defences on the outside.

Some amateur mistakes on Saturday. Davies miss kick, i expect better from him.

Routis back pass that nearly led to a third.

I agree with the posts above too. Had a few chances in the first especially but that 1 Schalk chance at 1-0 was huge. Need to start scoring goals asap.

(08-21-2017, 08:00 AM)john@THHP Wrote: I get that a quality winger with pace and a good delivery is difficult to find.  However, considering how much of County's play is based on getting crosses into the box, I sometimes find it baffling that McIntyre has never signed a winger with enough pace to beat most full-backs one-on-one.  Franks was the closest but he was converted to that and wasn't quick enough to trouble most defences on the outside.

Did Ricky Foster not do that quite well....

Thought we looked the better side in the first half, but our main issue appears to be that we keep trying to walk the ball into the net - it's very rare that we see any of our players try and test the keeper (Motherwell's third choice I believe on Saturday...?) from distance....

Simply not enough shots from outside the box - Mackay's goal on Tuesday night against Forfar was the type of thing I'd be looking to see a lot more of once he's fit and ready....

Have to say that the young-guns are never afraid to take a pop at goal as soon as they see sight of it - Ross MacIver's goal was a cracker on Tuesday night also.....need to see a bit more of this from the first team!!

We are guilty of having a lot of play - but not capitalising on it!

Motherwell were there for the taking in the first half - but we made them look good in the second half - frustrating to watch!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-20-2017, 07:59 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Whoever he signs for will be getting a very good hard uncompromising player watch Derek mcinnes  he got a cracker in. Stevie May .Tommy Wright. Knew what  the dud at ibrox didn't he got Ohalloron and played him where he is good. Neil,Lennon goes for Murray  we go for a guy with Golfers name. Meilkilsen. Absolutely reminds me of a. Guy called Flo useless  Your good Despot like your pos

Tore Andre Flo was not useless.  Not worth twelve million, but his goals per game ratio and his actual contribution to the team were excellent.  

County can't compete with Hibs or Aberdeen for salaries.  They will never be able to sign an O'Halloran or a May.  Simon Murray or Mikkelsen?  Totally different types of player.  Brian Graham would have been the ideal signing, but that boat had sailed.  So they got Brian Graham-lite.  Which is fine, because that's precisely what they lacked.  He's probably only treading water for a season until Morrison is fine tuned anyway.

I will agree on one thing.  Curran and Schalk aren't going to cut it as a partnership.  Mckay and Schalk might.  Mikkelsen and Curran might.  Team is crying out for a winger though.

(08-22-2017, 10:29 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Tore Andre Flo was not useless.  Not worth twelve million, but his goals per game ratio and his actual contribution to the team were excellent.  

County can't compete with Hibs or Aberdeen for salaries.  They will never be able to sign an O'Halloran or a May.  Simon Murray or Mikkelsen?  Totally different types of player.  Brian Graham would have been the ideal signing, but that boat had sailed.  So they got Brian Graham-lite.  Which is fine, because that's precisely what they lacked.  He's probably only treading water for a season until Morrison is fine tuned anyway.

I will agree on one thing.  Curran and Schalk aren't going to cut it as a partnership.  Mckay and Schalk might.  Mikkelsen and Curran might.  Team is crying out for a winger though.

Savage my good fellow how much did we just put out on Draper ,then his salary , ohalloron is nit with Hibs or Aberdeen  St Johnstone  who are on lower budget than us .  Ross county are richer club than majority in Scotland , it geography that bears us getting players to come here ,

Update for Ross shire Buff - we have missed out on a striker - Nadir Ciftci has joined Plymouth Argyle - in geographical terms looks like a trip of 500 miles.

(08-22-2017, 02:57 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Savage my good fellow how much did we just put out on Draper ,then his salary , ohalloron is nit with Hibs or Aberdeen  St Johnstone  who are on lower budget than us .  Ross county are richer club than majority in Scotland , it geography that bears us getting players to come here ,

We are anything but rich, financial run in's show that quite clearly.

(08-22-2017, 05:25 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: We are anything but rich, financial run in's show that quite clearly.

Then you can say it was a financial mistake by Roy to lower season tickets ,we are significantly richer than  quite a few clubs. What beats us the last 3 years. Or so. Jailend absolutely. Decimated  with seating  coming into legislation , big drop in crowd big drop in atmosphere ,tell me what we can do to turn it round , safe standing would allow more supporters in Jailend  and the two wings ( end of west stand end of east stand  it would equal and generate noise to combat Celtic Rangers Aberdeen and the Hibs& )hearts in away stanD  and get team geeedup, 
We need something else  like sleeves rolled up !!! Get into them attidtude!!! I miss Richard Britain the way he led team running to jail end clapping turning to both stands to acknowledge  support ,plus a song or two over tannoy to get support going champing on the bit ,alas right now we do not see anything to really excite us ,more fingers crossed ,but if we could  go on a run of getting points ,and until we do 
We will struggle to bring any player to Ross shire 
I note sell out for Sunday ,Hamilton lounge brought in for hospitality,well done it generates money ,instead of lying empty ,it should happen with Celtic  that is if hospitality is on demand, it obviously is this weekend so why not for Celtic Aberdeen too I like this idea !! The atmosphere will be great!! And that is even with game on television ,. By the way watched training two days on the trot stand out for me as in Under twenty against Forfar ,Russell DingwallDavid Keller Dun looked yards faster than others 
Draper looked cumbersome as did young Morrison nite he has arm strapped ,I thought Davie Keller Dunne would have made the squad for Motherwell"MOM against Forfar  !!! Nowt queeerer than foootie  Lachlan , Russell Dingwalll is better than some getting into team in front of him and as good as others in que Davie Keller Dunne is outstanding

Any word of appealing Kenny's red card, it seemed pretty harsh as a straight red.

(08-22-2017, 07:34 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Any word of appealing Kenny's red card, it seemed pretty harsh as a straight red.

Yes I thought soft red card to get ,

No appeal according to Jim in P&J, so Kenny banned v Rangers.
Davies and JOB have a small chance of making it, injuries not as bad as first feared.

(08-23-2017, 12:44 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: No appeal according to Jim in P&J, so Kenny banned v Rangers.
Davies and JOB have a small chance of making it, injuries not as bad as first feared.

Glad to hear that Davies and JOB could make it - watched the Rangers V Hearts match highlights and Ranger are pretty potent going forward - although they didn't score against Hearts, the number of balls into the box and number of shots on target will be a concern for us.....

Good to see Mckay scoring again for the young guns - bit closer to fitness and maybe start on the bench again on Sunday.....need a poacher!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

The Tribute Act are so potent going forward that they could only manage one goal against a bunch of part time Luxembourg brewery workers. In fairness to Sevco they were up against the fourth best team in the principality namely Progres Niederkorn.

(08-23-2017, 01:14 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Glad to hear that Davies and JOB could make it - watched the Rangers V Hearts match highlights and Ranger are pretty potent going forward - although they didn't score against Hearts, the number of balls into the box and number of shots on target will be a concern for us.....

Good to see Mckay scoring again for the young guns - bit closer to fitness and maybe start on the bench again on Sunday.....need a poacher!

If McKay could bring this sort of luck get him on! 

County took the lead in the third minute when Ashmore's inswinging free kick from the right rebounded off McKay into the net. The striker knew nothing about it but was happy to claim the goal.

Ross shire Buff - striker watch - missed out again - Kane Hemmings now down in English League 2.