Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Ross County vs Aberdeen
(08-13-2017, 07:51 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I'm amused by the idea that Draper isn't fit.  He's been playing week in, week out for ICT since the start of the season.
Quote by McIntyre in todays papers

"Ross Draper did okay but his fitness levels need to be higher and he knows that"

(08-13-2017, 08:45 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: Quote by McIntyre in todays papers

"Ross Draper did okay but his fitness levels need to be higher and he knows that"

As he is playing at a higher level pal, Jim is bang on. Simples. Big Grin
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(08-13-2017, 08:45 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: Quote by McIntyre in todays papers

Maybe its the Foran effect? - Absolute madness his fitness levels aren't up to scratch.

(08-13-2017, 08:45 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: Quote by McIntyre in todays papers

Obvious to most of us the rumour mill would have got to him with ICT 
Which begs the question why was he put straight in against a very powerful Aberdeen team 
Manager using player as excuse for he the managers bad decision ,
Plus Routis  and Naismith did not look fit it would maybe be a good idea to tell Davis when cleaning  a ball watch where he clears it

Absolutely no shame in losing 2-1 the the 2nd best team in Scotland. It was always going to be a tough match and I'd of happily taken a draw before the match. First 15 minutes we were good and to take such an early lead. Could have been 2-0 from curran's header over the bar and that could of been game over. Unfortunately not and on the balance Aberdeen deserved to win on the day, no shame in that. A lot of negativity been said but I thought County gave a good account of themselves, played well. The odd individual mistake shouldn't cos too much concern unless it becomes consistent every week. A few have mentioned Lindsay for example but the kids 21 making a step up from championship to prem, he's still got another 11-12 years at least of experience to be gained, the boy has potential and every time he has misplaced a pass or lost possession he won't stop running till he gets it back, credit to his determination. Draper looked good but faded as the team faded (Jimmy has a fair comment about ET playing a part mid week) Draper will be a very good signing but I would of liked to see 2 holding midfielders (Lindsay and Draper) with routis/ O'Brien in a more advanced role going forward. O'Brien was good when he came on and he proved why everyone was pleased he's signed on. Mikkelsen I won't lie didn't have any impact when coming on, however, he'll still be transitioning from championship level also so I'll give him until October before passing a full judgment. Davis-Keillor Dunn coming on was great to see as his performance on Wednesday was noted by Jim and billy, he has the potential to be something special of he works hard. Head always up driving at experienced players with full confidence and no fear what so ever. Around the 80th minute the way he took the ball inside and danced past 4 players to the edge of the box was enjoying to watch (keep it up) . Would also be good to see young Dylan dykes to appear soon.

Like I said before, no shame in losing to the 2nd best team in the league. No concern. On to Motherwell next week, let's hope we make it 2 wins from 3!

(08-14-2017, 10:57 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Absolutely no shame in losing 2-1 the the 2nd best team in Scotland. It was always going to be a tough match and I'd of happily taken a draw before the match. First 15 minutes we were good and to take such an early lead. Could have been 2-0 from curran's header over the bar and that could of been game over. Unfortunately not and on the balance Aberdeen deserved to win on the day, no shame in that.  A lot of negativity been said but I thought County gave a good account of themselves, played well. The odd individual mistake shouldn't cos too much concern unless it becomes consistent every week. A few have mentioned Lindsay for example but the kids 21 making a step up from championship to prem, he's still got another 11-12 years at least of experience to be gained, the boy has potential and every time he has misplaced a pass or lost possession he won't stop running till he gets it back, credit to his determination. Draper looked good but faded as the team faded (Jimmy has a fair comment about ET playing a part mid week) Draper will be a very good signing but I would of liked to see 2 holding midfielders (Lindsay and Draper) with routis/ O'Brien in a more advanced role going forward. O'Brien was good when he came on and he proved why everyone was pleased he's signed on. Mikkelsen I won't lie didn't have any impact when coming on, however, he'll still be transitioning from championship level also so I'll give him until October before passing a full judgment. Davis-Keillor Dunn coming on was great to see as his performance on Wednesday was noted by Jim and billy, he has the potential to be something special of he works hard. Head always up driving at experienced players with full confidence and no fear what so ever. Around the 80th minute the way he took the ball inside and danced past 4 players to the edge of the box was enjoying to watch (keep it up) . Would also be good to see young Dylan dykes to appear soon.

Like I said before, no shame in losing to the 2nd best team in the league. No concern. On to Motherwell next week, let's hope we make it 2 wins from 3!
Great post  Ullapool staggie ,but we must not applaud defeat  to any team,if we had not lost our way we could have came through this  but for slack clearance, Davis needs to be aware where he clears the ball For aberdeen equalising goal he headed straight for Reynolds to say thank you very much ,plus he is slow in build up with ball,at feet ,I'm enjoying watching  young Marcus, he has come on magnificently next captain of Ross County drives forward and no messing about , obrien must start games  ,mikkelsen will not be around long ,pity we did not go for Simon Murray now there's a striker for you ,even Stevie May will,flourish Sincerely hope Billy Mackay is a success and gets over injury, there the danger ,no good being a good player not being able to play. I'll leave this here

I think Davies got a little unlucky there, the smash up of him, Considine and Naismith hampered his clearance. Definitely didn't get a full head on it.

(08-14-2017, 11:40 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Great post  Ullapool staggie ,but we must not applaud defeat  to any team,if we had not lost our way we could have came through this  but for slack clearance, Davis needs to be aware where he clears the ball For aberdeen equalising goal he headed straight for Reynolds to say thank you very much ,plus he is slow in build up with ball,at feet ,I'm enjoying watching  young Marcus, he has come on magnificently next captain of Ross County drives forward and no messing about , obrien must start games  ,mikkelsen will not be around long ,pity we did not go for Simon Murray now there's a striker for you ,even Stevie May will,flourish Sincerely hope Billy Mackay is a success and gets over injury, there the danger ,no good being a good player not being able to play. I'll leave this here

No you won't!!  Tongue

(08-14-2017, 11:40 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Great post  Ullapool staggie ,but we must not applaud defeat  to any team,if we had not lost our way we could have came through this  but for slack clearance, Davis needs to be aware where he clears the ball For aberdeen equalising goal he headed straight for Reynolds to say thank you very much ,plus he is slow in build up with ball,at feet ,I'm enjoying watching  young Marcus, he has come on magnificently next captain of Ross County drives forward and no messing about , obrien must start games  ,mikkelsen will not be around long ,pity we did not go for Simon Murray now there's a striker for you ,even Stevie May will,flourish Sincerely hope Billy Mackay is a success and gets over injury, there the danger ,no good being a good player not being able to play. I'll leave this here

You blame Davies for heading the ball to Reynolds but fair play to him getting in front of the Aberdeen player to knock the ball away.

I would be more inclined to place the blame for the goal at whoever should have been marking Reynolds because if they hadn't lost their man he wouldn't have had the chance to get the shot away.

From the highlights, Draper was marking him and doesn't follow his man.

DespotFrom the highlights, Draper was marking him and doesn't follow his man.

Which brings us back to why Draper was on from start rather than Obrien ,when JM then said Draper fitness nit what it should be ,well he must have known that BEFORE game 
Davis from where Sit coukd have forced ball,over for corner nit back across  his own goals

(08-14-2017, 05:21 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Which brings us back to why Draper was on from start rather than Obrien ,when JM then said Draper fitness nit what it should be ,well he must have known that BEFORE game 

Aye, ok, we've got it.

All in all not a lot to be concerned about over the last two games. Lost an unlucky goal against Motherwell. Unlucky not to go two up ealry against Aberdeen. Commitment from all players much higher than last season. Some outstanding football played in both games. Would appear midweek did take its toll as we tired noticeably in the second half with a wee rally in the last ten minutes.

A concern for me is JM's tactics or more accurately yhe lack of variation in them. In the first half against Aberdeen Gardyne was having a field day down the left side yet he played mainly on the right in the second half. I couldn't see why. Is there something I am missing or does JM not feel confident enough to change positions and formations mid half? I felt two wingers would have stretched Aberdeen and made a lot more space.

The real gripes for me are two things. First this persistence in playing out from the back all the time. It is so slow, painful, risky and allows the opposition to marshall their lines and limit our options before we even get going. There were at least four occasions when a very quick kick out from Fox into wide space for Schalk twice, Curran and Keillor-Dunn would have left each of them with acres of space and potentially a good run at goal.
Second on the same lines - corners. Why do we need everyone back? JM claims its man marking. But leave two guys up both lying slightly wide means opposition need to keep three back at least, icreasing the marking ration in defednce and giving quick options which will on occasion come off to get the ball up the park quickly and get out of defence and get organised.

(08-14-2017, 05:21 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: DespotFrom the highlights, Draper was marking him and doesn't follow his man.

Which brings us back to why Draper was on from start rather than Obrien ,when JM then said Draper fitness nit what it should be ,well he must have known that BEFORE game 
Davis from where Sit coukd have forced ball,over for corner nit back across  his own goals

Yip, only took you 2 posts! I'll leave it there

Buff in the Speculation thread your last 2 posts had you turning somersaultsabout Draper signing now you are saying he shouldn't be playing. Please make up your mind. Or is this just you having another go at the manager who by the way knows more about football and our players than you and I and the vast majority of fans on here put together.

Think it was JM's comments after the game where he remarked that Draper's fitness levels were not where they should be was why RSB said that Draper should therefore not have started. Clearly RSB had no prior knowledge of the fitness levels whereas JM had!

I don't see a problem with starting a good player even if you know he is only going to last an hour. I think JM's comments were more an explanation why he had taken off a player who was having a good game rather than any criticism of the player.

And I don't think it was as simple as a choice between Draper and O'Brien to start. If O'Brien had started he would have a quite different role than he had coming on for Routis.

(08-14-2017, 07:18 PM)gujeecof Wrote: Buff in the Speculation thread your last 2 posts had you turning somersaultsabout Draper signing now you are saying he shouldn't be playing. Please make  up  your mind.  Or is this just you having another  go at the manager who by the way knows more about football and our players than you and I and the vast majority  of fans on here put together.

First I don't do summersaults or walk away  yes Draper good signing and yes I wanted Draper to sign 
Read what I said before you put your mouth in wrong gear Gujeecof Dingwalians  ( gadgies ) not Gudgies Or your  spelling ,what I said was !s obrien should  have started. Look at other posts too I said obrien should have been on from start ,manager says Drapers fitness level not what it should be so I said he shouldn't  have started ,
And by the way I do not agree Jim Macintyre knows more about football, than me ,he might know more than you do , and knowing more about players now he is hands on with the players and should know his players ,as We don't work with players ,I do hope he is successful this season and wish him all the best .
But in next week or so watch youth being shown the door ,again ,it must be so sickening to Steven Ferguson Ketts  and youth coaches ,mothers and fathers who through time will drift away. Because  there is no future for youth , look at ICT they had a good crop of youth players all coming through mixed well with experienced,then they went on another direction youth policy fell apart ,so did they  I hope Staggies are up there with the top 4 mind you only Dundee we have beat

I thought we started well but Aberdeen came in to the game and dominated for most of it. That's to be expected. Aberdeen are the second best team in the country so there's no shame in a 2-1 defeat.

Some thoughts from me:

* Jim O'Brien should start.
* Davis Keillor-Dunn is an exciting prospect, but needs to work on the defensive side of his game.
* That's the third time I've seen Thomas Mikkelsen this season and I still don't know what he brings to the party.
* The new venison pie is good, but it's no haggis pie.
* The falafel and spinach burger in the Staggies Bar is nice.

(08-15-2017, 01:16 PM)Forfinn Wrote: I thought we started well but Aberdeen came in to the game and dominated for most of it.  That's to be expected.  Aberdeen are the second best team in the country so there's no shame in a 2-1 defeat.

Some thoughts from me:

* Jim O'Brien should start. YES
* Davis Keillor-Dunn is an exciting prospect, but needs to work on the defensive side of his game. YES
* That's the third time I've seen Thomas Mikkelsen this season and I still don't know what he brings to the party. YES
* The new venison pie is good, but it's no haggis pie. YES
* The falafel and spinach burger in the Staggies Bar is nice. WTF?  You should be ashamed eating that.

I've taken the liberty of critiquing your post.  You didn't ask me to, and you probably wont appreciate it but C'est La Vie Mon Ami.

I commented on here a while back (probably the last time County beat Caley) that the Caley team was as unfit a team as I have seen in a long time.  It will take a few weeks for Draper to get to where he needs to be, but he will get there.  He is never going to be a box to box midfielder in the ilk of Don Cowie, Richy Brittain or Jackson Irvine, but he can and will improve.