Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Killie away 20/5/17
(05-20-2017, 11:00 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: If he doesn't go this summer then he'll go for absolutely nothing on a PCA!

If rumours are to be believed and Boycee's has a release clause of 500k, I'd rather he stayed another season even if we lost him for nothing. His goals could get us top 6 and if not keep s in the top league. That's worth more than 500k, just ask Caley  Tongue

A lot for the loon boyce to think about.

Does he stay and continue to grab headlines and possibly be a regular start for NI rather than a bench warmer, or go and be a bit player whom maybe not play every week.

I assume that he is relatively well paid and if settled then maybe money not the attraction.

If i was liam i would stick it out a he will play here weekly and reassess next jan.

Fingers crossed he sees my logic

I've seen nothing trustworthy about the £500k sell on clause that's been talked about tbh. That seems to have come out of mid air.

Once again his minimum fee is around the half million mark, however he has an incredibly high sell on fee. So what you will find is clubs will bid over the minimum fee in order to reduce his sell on percentage.

(05-21-2017, 12:10 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Once again his minimum fee is around the half million mark, however he has an incredibly high sell on fee. So what you will find is clubs will bid over the minimum fee in order to reduce his sell on percentage.

How do you know this?

(05-21-2017, 12:10 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Once again his minimum fee is around the half million mark, however he has an incredibly high sell on fee. So what you will find is clubs will bid over the minimum fee in order to reduce his sell on percentage.

I am curious to know how people seem to know  confidential contract details of players. My best mate doesn't know what I earn ,and vice versa, because it's private,so why would a footballer be any different?You shouldn't peddle your speculation as fact.

It's all speculation, of course.  I think Liam will be away.  Let's speculate about what we could do with £500K.

£500k would seem a sensible mark set out by Liam and his agent obviously with the English market in mind. They realise that this league has little credibility down south and they will not want to scare of any potential buyers with a ridiculous figure. What will interest English clubs is the fact he has scored against the club that won the league - banging in a barrel load against the club that finished bottom and would struggle against Nempnett Thrubwell means nothing.

So actually all the above is no more than speculation. Correct thread for it, but good to be clear that none of it is based on solid evidence.

Liam Boyce will be here next season, by the way.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

(05-21-2017, 09:25 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: How do you know this?

Quite happy to reveal the source to a moderator, but for obvious reasons unable to post on the main board.

(05-21-2017, 12:06 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Quite happy to reveal the source to a moderator, but for obvious reasons unable to post on the main board.

Sorry ,can't see the obvious reasons. So you are prepared to give info to a moderator ,who is greater than ,dare I say it, God?
I can smell ,bull....!

I could easily ask him to give me his source, but I'm not going to.

I understand his logic, some people genuinely do know the specifics of these things. It's easy to be flippant, but there's always more than 1 person that know's the specifics of a contract; player, agent, manager, coaches, a number of background staff, the board, the club's payroll, the club's HR, the club's administration team, the SPFL, the SFA, the list goes on and on.

He could be right, he could be genuine, and he could be willing to tell some people specifics without burning his source. I've been there, I've done it myself. I've even burned my sources (staff, players & directors) a little on here myself by saying things I shouldn't.

I know for a fact there a number of different posters on here who are involved in various different group chats on messenger, whatsapp etc that discuss "in the know" stuff. They stay informed by only sharing their information with people they know and trust and by not telling all and sundry the specifics on an open forum.

In short; give the guy a break.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Watched the sportscene highlights another two goals for the premierships top goal scorer.
Give this boy the freedom of Ross-Shire

Eight games undefeated so well done to the squad and the management team
Optimistic for the new season, The Highlands Are Ours!

Ok, but we could do some good things with £500K couldn't we?  12 and a half Jason Naismiths for example?

( I know that Naismith's transfer fee was officially "undisclosed" but I have a vague recollection that somebody suggested as a cast iron speculated fact that the fee was £40K, and that's good enough for me)

(05-21-2017, 12:06 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Quite happy to reveal the source to a moderator, but for obvious reasons unable to post on the main board.

Pretty sure, posters had to reveal their source in the past.
Moderators were quick to jump on folk, asking them to reveal their source, i.e.  BBC web site.
So, what has changed?
Or, is this just more vip talk?
Regardless, I hope your source is completely wrong.
Anyway Les Wetstander knows better, said he will be here next season.

(05-21-2017, 11:20 AM)Brown Savoy Wrote: £500k would seem a sensible mark set out by Liam and his agent obviously with the English market in mind.  They realise that this league has little credibility down south and they will not want to scare of any potential buyers with a ridiculous figure.   What will interest English clubs is the fact he has scored against the club that won the league - banging in a barrel load against the club that finished bottom and would struggle against Nempnett Thrubwell means nothing.

Billy Dodds thinks Boyce is worth more than £500K

When asked if County would look for a transfer fee in excess of £1m, Dodds replied: "It would be up there. Especially for a goalscorer.

From the BBC website

(05-22-2017, 03:57 PM)35 YEARS A STAGGIE Wrote: Billy Dodds thinks Boyce is worth more than £500K

When asked if County would look for a transfer fee in excess of £1m, Dodds replied: "It would be up there. Especially for a goalscorer.

From the BBC website

Yes, but maybe Billy's not in the know like LLB! 

Boycee's contract details aren't discussed with the management at Ross County, just random people on here are privy to that sort of info.

NO Particular source, for obvious reasons!

Another great result. Amazing since the split how we managed to pick up points against all the lower 6, something we struggled with previous even although we were picking up of the upper 6.

I think getting 7th with a good run salvaged a season that I must admit was looking very grim there for a while. Icing then being the Development Squad triumph and the top scorer Boyce.

I spent a half hour on Caley Thistle online Today for a look. Wow, our season could have been so so so much worse.... The melt down is well underway over there....

(05-21-2017, 10:19 PM)Wicky Wrote: Ok, but we could do some good things with £500K couldn't we?  12 and a half Jason Naismiths for example?

( I know that Naismith's transfer fee was officially "undisclosed" but I have a vague recollection that somebody suggested as a cast iron speculated fact that the fee was £40K, and that's good enough for me)

£40,000?  Jesus, County could have bought a minibus for St Johnstone for that much.

(05-22-2017, 07:23 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: £40,000?  Jesus, County could have bought a minibus for St Johnstone for that much.

If we're going to park the bus I think we should get a big one.