Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
ICTs fate in our hands
(05-21-2017, 09:24 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I don't know the ICT team well enough to know, but Cole hasn't been selected for a while and got a very daft red card.  I'll say him, and two others who didn't play the other day.  I think he's probably talking about players who didn't pull their weight, rather than nefarious presences.

I think there are more than 2 or 3 players that could be accused of that this season!

(05-21-2017, 08:50 AM)frankthetank Wrote: The fact that the league cup is now regionalised might give us that opportunity. To meet them in at the start of next season would be a glorious occasion.

That would be fun, unless our League Cup form is like last year.  But with St. J in Europe, ICT will be a top seed even if DU win the play-off.

(05-21-2017, 10:04 AM)Rocco Wrote: I think there are more than 2 or 3 players that could be accused of that this season!

Yup. They've been absolutely awful until this last couple of weeks.

(05-20-2017, 08:29 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Exactly.
While the same fans pray for Savage to come in.

Yep, its all about opinions and what you read or hear.
If you read some of the disgusting comments posted on the Caley fans site about Ross County, the supporters and the chairman, some of it is quite despicable.
There are some decent Caley fans, but they have attracted an undesirable element, there are also some old Telford Street Muppets with a chip on their shoulder, some of them I know, and their hatred of Ross County goes back decades.
Savage coming back in?  not so sure that will happen.
Barry Wilson spouting on the radio about administration, and new backers wanting to come in, well, lets wait and see on that one.
Regardless of who comes in, ( if anyone) Caley need a complete rethink on their entire operation, their style of play  "kicking their opponents off the park" which helped them in the past is no longer acceptable in modern football.
Do Ross County need Caley? not necessarily, the Highland Derby  attracted sell out crowds in the past, however, recently the crowds at both grounds have been well short of capacity. 
Crowds alone at any SPL ground will not sustain the viability of teams, Hamilton being a prime example.

Savage ? Where are Masterton and Cummings these days ?

Foran sacked

And so the cull begins.....who's out the door next? Malpas offered the gig? take a chance on Barry? or go down the experince route? Bring Alex Neil back to Scotland? With United and Falkirk favourites to battle for the championship can Caley take on Dunfermline, Morton, QOS and St Mirren to land a play-off place?

(05-22-2017, 12:25 AM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Yep, its all about opinions and what you read or hear.
If you read some of the disgusting comments posted on the Caley fans site about Ross County, the supporters and the chairman, some of it is quite despicable.
There are some decent Caley fans, but they have attracted an undesirable element, there are also some old Telford Street Muppets with a chip on their shoulder, some of them I know, and their hatred of Ross County goes back decades.
Savage coming back in?  not so sure that will happen.
Barry Wilson spouting on the radio about administration, and new backers wanting to come in, well, lets wait and see on that one.
Regardless of who comes in, ( if anyone) Caley need a complete rethink on their entire operation, their style of play  "kicking their opponents off the park" which helped them in the past is no longer acceptable in modern football.
Do Ross County need Caley? not necessarily, the Highland Derby  attracted sell out crowds in the past, however, recently the crowds at both grounds have been well short of capacity. 
Crowds alone at any SPL ground will not sustain the viability of teams, Hamilton being a prime example.

I can understand your feelings and yes you are correct in saying old hatred ,but there are two clubs involved ,and I can tell you on first hand experience the vile comments directed at me by people whom  I thought were friends ,when it became clear that ICT were doomed only makes me feel  good that they will suffer with their team ,and plus our new season ticket prices  driving them mental,with jealousy .
I'm talking of course of old thistle supporters  totally amazed .but my retaliation is this 
!!! If you turned up to support your team in numbers like Staggies do !! You might have a bob or two ,but reality Inverness do not deserve a football team  you are Rubbish like your stadium  eyesore on A9

(05-29-2017, 07:54 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: And so the cull begins.....who's out the door next? Malpas offered the gig? take a chance on Barry? or go down the experince route? Bring Alex Neil back to Scotland? With United and Falkirk favourites to battle for the championship can Caley take on Dunfermline, Morton, QOS and St Mirren to land a play-off place?

No chance they could afford Alex Neil, if they had that kind of wonga floating about the wouldn't be in this mess! I'd imagine Foran has taken a tasty payoff, considering the ludicrously long contract they signed him to.

I think Malpas will get it and fail to make the playoffs.

(05-29-2017, 08:14 PM)Rocco Wrote: No chance they could afford Alex Neil, if they had that kind of wonga floating about the wouldn't be in this mess! I'd imagine Foran has taken a tasty payoff, considering the ludicrously long contract they signed him to.

Paul Sheerin is going to get the Caley job IMO.

I think Malpas was brought in for this very situation, all that 'experienced hand to help steady the ship' p*sh doesn't wash with me!

Hartley or Sheerin according to the pundits.
How much has it cost them to pay off Foran though?

Hartley was been mentioned by Dundee fans a few weeks back. Alex Neil ,,no chance,how much would he cost!!!

(05-29-2017, 09:46 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Hartley or Sheerin according to the pundits.
How much has it cost them to pay off Foran though?

Probably going to have caused them a fair amount and then would cost them a decent amount entice Sheerin from Aberdeen, as U20s coach at Aberdeen there is no pressure but ICT fans and board will want promotion next seasom - which will be difficult

Hartley will probably still be receiving money from Dundee so to take the ICT job would put that in jeopardy.

(05-29-2017, 06:22 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Foran sacked

One of those afore mentioned 'bad apples' must've come from a wicked step mother........... there's lots of poison around Inverness at the moment!!!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

I'm afraid poor Richie wasn't cut out for football management
Hopefully he'll get a job in the motor trade as he has some experience of car under bodies

(05-29-2017, 10:48 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: I'm afraid poor Richie wasn't cut out for football management
Hopefully he'll get a job in the motor trade as he has some experience of car under bodies

Quality Dalneigh! pure quality.
You always put a real shine on things!
OH NO! I forgot he was under the car, not on the body work.

(05-30-2017, 12:18 AM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Quality Dalneigh! pure quality.
You always put a real shine on things!
OH NO! I forgot he was under the car, not on the body work.

He's under the bus now!

(05-29-2017, 08:14 PM)Rocco Wrote: No chance they could afford Alex Neil, if they had that kind of wonga floating about the wouldn't be in this mess! I'd imagine Foran has taken a tasty payoff, considering the ludicrously long contract they signed him to.

I was thinking out loud there, I just wondered after the job he did at Hamilton would he see Caley as a chance to put himself back in the shop window after Norwich. Dundee job available too and if he waits until after the Europa qualifiers I'm sure there'll be a vacancy at Ibrokes.