Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
ICTs fate in our hands
What will happen Tuesday night against Hamilton?  A Hamilton win will relegate ICT. I'm sort of hoping we will throw them a lifeline...the hard part is up to them.

With this whole free entry thing going on and potentially a full house, I hope we pump 5 past them, might add to encouraging more to come along more often

F**k ict, the tinks are gone!

Let's hope the players put on a show and we put several past hamilton. They're due a doing, especially after the negative way they played and stole a point on their last visit to Dingwall.

I hope I'm wrong but this may be our last chance to see some of our players in a County shirt. It highly unlikely that Liam Boyce will still be with us next season, there's an awful lot of cash rich clubs down south looking for a goalscorer like Liam. Some of the others who have been good servants to the club could be let go too so a good crowd and a good performance to send them away would be great.

Always had a soft spot for Hamilton and Martin Canning was a good servant to County
Wouldn't be too upset if the Accies edged this one in a nine goal thriller!

(05-14-2017, 02:37 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: With this whole free entry thing going on and potentially a full house, I hope we pump 5 past them, might add to encouraging more to come along more often

Reading that the Accies supporters' bus has been cancelled due to lack of interest.  I wonder what the crowd will be?  Given that it's likely to be the last home game for Boyce, you'd like to think County will use their tried-and-tested give the ball to Boyce and let him shoot on sight tactic. 

As for Inverness, It's ten points and two or three 5,000 crowds the club is missing out on.  I'd far rather ICT stay up.  

4-0 County, please.

Mixed feelings.

I don't like Hamilton or that wee prat Imrie and part of me wants to smash six or seven past Accies (why haven't we beaten them this season, they are dreadful) but another part of me says - "Remember 1997".

Whether it happens on Tuesday or not, Caley are going down.
In terms of self preservation for next season I'd rather Accies survive ahead of Motherwell, so I don't really mind what happens on Tuesday night.

They will be fighting for everything, while no pressure on us.

Could it be Boyce's final home appearance  Sad

Song for Tuesday. Smokies Living next door to Alice [Caley] Has been done before at cup game against Ayr when they joined in [Killie for Caley]

I'm confused, what should I do if Hamilton score? Should I cheer and jump up and down followed by a very loud rendition of caleys going down lol or hope for a win and a higher league position/money for the club?
I too remember the Caley 0-4 Forfar match fixing scandal and was absolutely raging at them for it.

(05-14-2017, 05:13 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I'm confused, what should I do if Hamilton score?  Should I cheer and jump up and down followed by a very loud rendition of caleys going down lol or hope for a win  and a higher league position/money for the club?
I too remember the Caley  0-4 Forfar match fixing scandal and was absolutely raging at them for it.

I could not  cheer a team scoring against us.
I understand what you are saying though,if we get beaten ,accusations will be levelled at us,,but we can show we have more morals than the 1997 ICT management and players,by beating Hamilton.
It won't matter anyway as Dundee will relegate them on Wednesday.

(05-14-2017, 06:44 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I could not  cheer a team scoring against us.
I understand what you are saying though,if we get beaten ,accusations will be levelled at us,,but we can show we have more morals than the 1997 ICT management and players,by beating Hamilton.
It won't matter anyway as Dundee will relegate them on Wednesday.

Well said Tattiedave let's win this one more money for county in respect of league position ,
Seeing development team being presented with trophy !! Absolute thrilling !! For me it is  so so rewarding

See a lot of mixed reactions on here...exactly how I feel too. I remember only too well them lying down to Forfar to stop us from going up. There were reports at the time that they didn't want us to go up because they would attract more support and sponsorship playing at a higher level (deluded ba****ds). The downside is that we may miss out on a couple of sell out crowds, but Hibs will take a few fans with them, so maybe not such a great loss. If they go down, I can't see them coming back up quickly...it's a hard league to get out of (unless you go down!)

No mixed feelings from me. Lets go out and get a positive result against a Hamilton team we have somehow struggled against this year.

What we do is irrelevant in any case, as Dundee will relegate ICT who are never going to get out of the position they are in.

We have more class than to throw a game just to get something over Caley, that we don't actually need to as they are going down anyway.

The higher we finish, the more we receive in prize money. There is about £50k between positions in the bottom 6, so any increase in position, plus the increased away supports of Hibs, should counter act any revenue lost from the Caley games.

Ultimately, it's great if both teams are in the Premiership. However, if I had the choice of County winning or losing, with us losing potentially saving Caley, I'd take the win 100% of the time.

It's up to Caley to ensure they survive. Nobody ensured our survival but ourselves.

I'm going for a County win 2-0. If that helps Caley then all good.

I don't think they've got enough about them to survive anyway so it's probably immaterial.

All this crap I am hearing and seeing online about County lying down just because "Caley did it in 97" is pathetic. They didn't lie down then, I'm sure they lost 4 on the trot.

County will be going out to win tomorrow and after that, time will take its toll.

(05-15-2017, 02:24 PM)Deed Wrote: All this crap I am hearing and seeing online about County lying down just because "Caley did it in 97" is pathetic.  They didn't lie down then, I'm sure they lost 4 on the trot.

County will be going out to win tomorrow and after that, time will take its toll.

*FACT CHECK KLAXON*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996%E2%80....C._season

ICT lost 6 league games that season.  The first two - against Cowdenbeath and Forfar, against Forfar again in October then against Cowdenbeath, Forfar and Alloa in their final three games of the season.

Forfar were clearly a bogey team for them that season (they only managed a draw in the other game between the sides), and they would have inevitably taken their foot off the gas after winning the title.  However, losing 4 goals at home when almost 4,000 fans have turned out to see you lift the league trophy is pretty embarrassing stuff.

I must confess I don't remember the event particularly well (I was 10), so can't pass any comment on how much effort was expended that day, and I haven't drilled in to it enough to see how the line-up compared to earlier games.  I don't even remember what the talk was about it at the time.  But it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

As for our game, I'd prefer us to go out and win.  An extra £50k for finishing 7th compared to 8th (for example) would be very welcome.  But if we lose then I won't lose any sleep over it.

(05-15-2017, 02:55 PM)Forfinn Wrote: I must confess I don't remember the event particularly well (I was 10), so can't pass any comment on how much effort was expended that day, and I haven't drilled in to it enough to see how the line-up compared to earlier games.  I don't even remember what the talk was about it at the time.  But it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

As for our game, I'd prefer us to go out and win.  An extra £50k for finishing 7th compared to 8th (for example) would be very welcome.  But if we lose then I won't lose any sleep over it.

I have very clear memory of that day, my older brother and I had attend a family funeral that morning and decided to go see Caley beat Forfar so County would go up, I have vague recollections of Caley being unbeaten at "the dump" so it was deemed a "shock" Bobby Mann scored from miles out and the "Caley" most certainly downed tools that day a real spineless performance.

However I would never want my team to lie down against any team so Boyce hat-trick please and what happens to the Caley happens  they can stay up ever season if we can get 10 points.

Most probable outcome is ICT go straight down and Hamilton enter the play offs not sure of their plastic pitch so maybe the best outcome is they go down and Falkirk come up.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(05-15-2017, 03:25 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: I have very clear memory of that day, my older brother and I had attend a family funeral that morning and decided to go see Caley beat Forfar so County would go up, I have vague recollections of Caley being unbeaten at "the dump" so it was deemed a "shock" Bobby Mann scored from miles out and the "Caley" most certainly downed tools that day a real spineless performance.

However I would never want my team to lie down against any team so Boyce hat-trick please and what happens to the Caley happens  they can stay up ever season if we can get 10 points.

Most probable outcome is ICT go straight down and Hamilton enter the play offs not sure of their plastic pitch so maybe the best outcome is they go down and Falkirk come up.

Until the Forfar game they had lost one league game at home and that was the first league game of the season!

As Forfinn says they lost 6 league games that season. Only two were at home, their first home game and their last home game!

(05-15-2017, 02:24 PM)Deed Wrote: All this crap I am hearing and seeing online about County lying down just because "Caley did it in 97" is pathetic.  They didn't lie down then, I'm sure they lost 4 on the trot.

It's a bit of craic and wummery at the expense of our Caley chums, of course we're not going to lie down. We might still get beat though.

Given a choice, I would love Dundee relegated, aint going to happen though.

Let's just sit back, enjoy and see how the night unfolds. Sounds like Accies are hardly taking any fans, bus cancelled.