Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Who's currently signed up for next season?
(05-05-2017, 12:18 PM)RSCStaggie Wrote: Unless Burke was willing to sign a pay as you play deal, I would get rid.  He is probably one of the highest paid players at the club but played just 6 games.  Yes, he looked impressive in those games but for me not worth the risk and big wage.

He is currently on one (well almost, his appearance fee is far higher than his standard wage), and if offered a new deal, will be on the same basis.

(05-05-2017, 12:18 PM)RSCStaggie Wrote: Unless Burke was willing to sign a pay as you play deal, I would get rid.  He is probably one of the highest paid players at the club but played just 6 games.  Yes, he looked impressive in those games but for me not worth the risk and big wage.

But look at Curran how long he was out for last season and JM stuck by him so I think the same will be don't for Burke

Does McShane not have another year on his contract as thought he signed on for 3yrs when he joined

(05-06-2017, 09:30 AM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Does McShane not have another year on his contract as thought he signed on for 3yrs when he joined

Yes ,I'm sure your correct that it was a 3 year contract

I posted this in the Injuries Suspensions thread, although I believe it's more apt for this discussion.

Savage Henry Wrote: Wrote:I'd be surprised if Quinn, McShane or Burke play for County again.

McEveley's been alright and I think he has another year on his contract, so I doubt he'll go anywhere.

I'd agree, he's not as good as Davies but that's a tough comparison for Jay as Davies is easily (imo) the BEST central defender we've ever had and nobody I seen in a County shirt compares well to Davies but Jay McEveley has performed well for us over the piece. 

The make up of our defence may need looked at, now that it's been confirmed that Davies and Fraser have signed new contracts, Naismith has been a tremendous signing, also McLaughlin has had a full season out on loan in and could/should be either brought into the first team squad next season.  A decision could also be required on Brownlie who been at a lower level with Elgin City.

I'd suggest Quinn and Kenny Van Der Weg may be surplus and could be allowed to leave.  
Depending on how Brownlie is thought of and what wages McEveley is on, McEveley may be told that although he has a year to run he's not going to get much game time and if he finds another club he could leave.

Davies
Fraser
Naismith
VDW/McEveley/ or another who is left sided.
Brownlie
McLaughlin/Tumilty (full backs or wing backs)

I'd say that the above would be the bare minimum we'd need for going into next season, another experienced head may be required in case Davies was ruled out for any length of time, as he did have a history of injuries before he came to us.

What's others thoughts on our defensive options going into next season?

I have to interject and say that I think Andre Hainault is the most complete centre half I've ever seen in a County shirt, he was just under utilised until it was to late to save him from leaving. He had the physicality of Davies but was quicker, excellent with the ball at his feet and very good in the tackle. Also, scoring against the tinks helped! He was a victim of Derek's policy of not changing a winning team, so didn't get in ahead of Boyd or Munro that season.

Can't argue with that myself. It's marginal, but I think Andre given time would have proved to be marginally better - largely down to the pace difference. Everything else was fairly comparable.

I'd much rather we got McEveley off the books though, I think some are being generous to him here. Although he does 99% of things fairly well he probably costs us a goal every second game and where we are we just can't afford that. He's too expensive to be the bombscare backup that he is.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(05-06-2017, 12:02 PM)Spain Wrote: Can't argue with that myself. It's marginal, but I think Andre given time would have proved to be marginally better - largely down to the pace difference. Everything else was fairly comparable.

I'd much rather we got McEveley off the books though, I think some are being generous to him here. Although he does 99% of things fairly well he probably costs us a goal every second game and where we are we just can't afford that. He's too expensive to be the bombscare backup that he is.

I concur with this, McEveley is decent enough most of the time, but he is too expensive to be a back up. I think a lot of people, myself included, expected him to be a step forward in defending for us, given his experience, but it just hasn't worked like that!

Agreed on McEveley. Watched him from a distance of 20 feet during the away match to Partick and it was agonising. He always seems to be trying to do more than he needs to/is able to with the ball and I think that's what gets him into trouble- he ends up spending too much time on the ball and either gets closed down by the opposition or muffs it when he realizes he's gotten himself into trouble. Has none of the confidence/presence Davies displays match in and match out.

IF Davies had left and McEveley had been the replacement as Jim anticipated - I have no doubt we would be bottom of the league.

Is Cardyne signed on if he is not he should be a high priority
Also add another year to Boyce's contract
Let McEveley go
Sign Quinn for another two years as a squad player to allow the younger players to learn from his experience
Jim O'Brien should also be signed on a two year contract as his work rate and willingness to win is superb
Burke's fitness should be assessed before contract is offered
Another midfield player should be taken from Dev squad I suggest Dylan Dykes also Kellor-Dunn as a wide player should be brought into first team squad
Just my thoughts but I am sure someone will disagree LOL

(05-08-2017, 12:52 PM)County Lad Wrote: Also add another year to Boyce's contract  

Unfortunately we have nothing in his deal to allow us to trigger an extension.

With Boyce, I imagine we will have to offer a new deal all together, or we will look to cash in.

(05-08-2017, 12:52 PM)County Lad Wrote: Is Cardyne signed on if he is not he should be a high priority
Also add another year to Boyce's contract  
Let McEveley go
Sign Quinn for another two years as a squad player to allow the younger players to learn from his experience
Jim O'Brien should also be signed on a two year contract as his work rate and willingness to win is superb  
Burke's fitness should be assessed before contract is offered
Another midfield player should be taken from Dev squad I suggest Dylan Dykes also Kellor-Dunn as a wide player should be brought into first team squad
Just my thoughts but I am sure someone will disagree LOL

Agree with 90% of what you're suggesting. 
Quinn for 2 years??? No chance. I would, however get him on the coaching staff for the very reason you've given  Smile
Again, this is just my opinion and accept I'm not always right  Big Grin

Think we can risk a couple of youngsters next season as the decline in the standard of the league will continue . This seasons winners are more concerned with income from Europe and rebuilding Rodgers credibility. Tribute Act are comedy gold and Aberdeen seem to lack any ambition if the signing of that guy from ICT is any indication. Hibs should bring in a modest amount from season ticket sales but signing Swanson shows money must be tight.

(05-08-2017, 01:10 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Quinn for 2 years??? No chance.  
Again, this is just my opinion and accept I'm not always right 

In this case, you are absolutely right.

Getting Martin Woods on an extended contract should be a priority

(05-08-2017, 09:34 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Getting Martin Woods on an extended contract should be a priority

100% agree Davie. Some people probably won't but his performances are much improved when he has O'Brien and Chow doing the dirtier, less fancy side of things. That said, he's been putting his foot in and winning headers lately. Hopefully that's not because he needs a contract and it stops if/when he gets one!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/39852643

Dow signs for 2 more years. Puts bed to the wants home rumours
No sacrifice no victory 

Good news on Dow, he's been much improved recently, hopefully he can keep this level of performance up!

(05-03-2017, 11:15 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Dow interested in a move to Dundee (if they stay up) or StJ according to Dundee Courier.  Apparently he wants to get back closer to central belt???? On ye go mate!

Not really then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/39852643