Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Who's currently signed up for next season?
With the new season fast approaching and our safety still in the balance (albeit it totally in our own hands at the minute) who do we currently have signed up for next season?

I know currently signed up are:

Naismith
Boyce
Curran
Fraser
Tumulty
Fox
Dykes
Malcolm
Davies
Chow
Routis
McCarey
McEveley

I've also heard O'Brien is interested in a permanent deal.

Have all recently either have time left or have signed extensions- who else is signed up for 17/18?

Dow interested in a move to Dundee (if they stay up) or StJ according to Dundee Courier. Apparently he wants to get back closer to central belt???? On ye go mate!

He's put himself back in the shop window recently, He is a Dundonian as well.

Yea, we always hear of players desperate to get back to the central belt.

The central belt media write these stories because they've probably never ever been N of Perth and think it's light-years away. It's 3hrs ffs!!!

If Dow does leave, it's for another reason. The central belt excuse is just that, an excuse!

(05-04-2017, 09:50 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Yea, we always hear of players desperate to get back to the central belt.

The central belt media write these stories because they've probably never ever been N of Perth and think it's light-years away. It's 3hrs ffs!!!

If Dow does leave, it's for another reason.  The central belt excuse is just that, an excuse!

Ryan Dow is from Dundee and until this season had spent his entire football career there.  It would be reasonable to assume he has a partner with a job there and maybe even a child.  It's unlikely he uprooted his family to move to the Highlands because of a short-term contract offered by Ross County.  He's probably staying in Inverness most of the week and only getting to see his family when he has a day off and can travel home.  On that basis, if he can earn a similar wage at Dundee and spend all week with his family then that is entirely fair enough.

Most of that is conjecture, but the same applies to other players who want to move back to "nearer the central belt".  The Highlands isn't for everyone.  Some people embrace it and make a life there, but I understand why not everyone does.

(05-04-2017, 10:13 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Ryan Dow is from Dundee and until this season had spent his entire football career there.  It would be reasonable to assume he has a partner with a job there and maybe even a child.  It's unlikely he uprooted his family to move to the Highlands because of a short-term contract offered by Ross County.  He's probably staying in Inverness most of the week and only getting to see his family when he has a day off and can travel home.  On that basis, if he can earn a similar wage at Dundee and spend all week with his family then that is entirely fair enough.

Most of that is conjecture, but the same applies to other players who want to move back to "nearer the central belt".  The Highlands isn't for everyone.  Some people embrace it and make a life there, but I understand why not everyone does.

He's 2.5hrs away from Dundee here and will be earning a good wage. He's not alone in doing this, especially in this area

If he wants to leave then fair enough, I just don't buy into the getting back to the central belt reasoning that is always cited by the media.  Huh

I've not heard or seen anything to confirm that he even wants to leave anyway, aside from deke's above post.

I've not heard or seen anything to confirm that he even wants to leave anyway, aside from deke's above post.

Footballers have very short careers. If they stay injury free, they can maybe garner a full time wage until the age of 35. The way I see it, if these guys who yearn to live in the Central Belt, there is plenty time for that when they retire. Like the last 40/50 odd years of their life...

My Grandad always said "There is plenty time for sleep when you're dead". Likewise, there is plenty time to live in the Central Belt when you're retired. Fill your boots when you are with a good club and are playing regular football, plenty of time when you're done for everything else.

(05-04-2017, 10:22 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: He's 2.5hrs away from Dundee here and will be earning a good wage. He's not alone in doing this, especially in this area

(05-04-2017, 10:36 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Fill your boots when you are with a good club and are playing regular football, plenty of time when you're done for everything else.

To Ryan Dow, what makes Ross County any better than Dundee (assuming the latter stays up)? We're similar-sized clubs in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership. Indeed, Dundee are historically a bigger club than us. If they're prepared to pay him similar money to what we are, then moving to be nearer his family is a no-brainer. It's not as if we're paying him life-changing wages that justify him living away from his family 5/6 days a week.

(05-04-2017, 10:36 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: My Grandad always said "There is plenty time for sleep when you're dead".

Bon Jovi is of a similar mind set.

(05-04-2017, 12:16 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Bon Jovi is of a similar mind set.

"Seven days of Saturday
Is all that I need
Got no use for Sunday
'Cause I don't rest in peace
I was born to live
You know I wasn't born to die
But if they party down in Dingwall
I'll be sure to be on time."

I think that's how it goes, anyway.  Not listened to it in a while...

(05-04-2017, 12:16 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Bon Jovi is of a similar mind set.

Was he signed by Adams?

(05-04-2017, 10:22 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: He's 2.5hrs away from Dundee here and will be earning a good wage. He's not alone in doing this, especially in this area

If he wants to leave then fair enough, I just don't buy into the getting back to the central belt reasoning that is always cited by the media.  Huh

Me personally, Id rather be at home.  If there was the chance of two similar jobs, both paying the same wages, then I'd take the one which meant I could sleep in my own bed each night.

I know Dow has had a bit-part season, but I actually think after a slow start he's done really well for us when he's played - I'm not sure what his best position actually is, but when he plays in what ever position he is asked to play he generally does well.

Any news about Chris Burke?
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(05-03-2017, 02:39 PM)Despot Wrote: With the new season fast approaching and our safety still in the balance (albeit it totally in our own hands at the minute) who do we currently have signed up for next season?

I know currently signed up are:

Naismith
Boyce
Curran
Fraser
Tumulty
Fox
Dykes
Malcolm
Davies
Chow
Routis
McCarey
McEveley

I've also heard O'Brien is interested in a permanent deal.

Have all recently either have time left or have signed extensions- who else is signed up for 17/18?
Hope we can get rid of McEveley, an absolute sorry excuse for a footballer.

Back to central belt issue,I was talking to an ex pro recently,and he was telling me it is incredibly difficult to get players to move to County and ICT from the central belt, they just don't want to  move from there.(Even though we stopped eating missionaries 20 years ago!)

I have no great insight into the working of County, Dundee FC or indeed Ryan Dow. I only posted what I read in The Courier/Evening Telegraph. If we want Ryan Dow to remain I'm fairly sure we could pay more than DFC these days. DFC are a bigger club with a bigger fan base, more illustrious history but zero money. If we want him to stay make the guy an offer (possibly already have). More than likely teams like ourselves and DFC are stalling until it's confirmed that we're staying up. BTW Dow ain't the messiah. If Boyce moves we can afford far better than Dow.

(05-04-2017, 11:12 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: I have no great insight into the working of County, Dundee FC or indeed Ryan Dow. I only posted what I read in The Courier/Evening Telegraph. If we want Ryan Dow to remain I'm fairly sure we could pay more than DFC these days. DFC are a bigger club with a bigger fan base, more illustrious history but zero money. If we want him to stay make the guy an offer (possibly already have). More than likely teams like ourselves and DFC are stalling until it's confirmed that we're staying up. BTW Dow ain't the messiah. If Boyce moves we can afford far better than Dow.

Chris Burke??? IF, I want to say when, he gets back fit, will Dow even get a game?

(05-04-2017, 03:49 PM)Ed Wrote: Any news about Chris Burke?

P&J: McIntyre said: “Jay is out for the rest of the season
because he needs a minor tidy up on his knee. Ian and
Paul are training but not ready for a game, while
Chris Burke is doing very light training. He won’t play again this season, it has been a frustrating time for him.”

[Stolen from Stuart Taylor on the 'Injuries and Suspension' thread]

(05-05-2017, 09:52 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: P&J: McIntyre said: “Jay is out for the rest of the season
because he needs a minor tidy up on his knee. Ian and
Paul are training but not ready for a game, while
Chris Burke is doing very light training. He won’t play again this season, it has been a frustrating time for him.”

[Stolen from Stuart Taylor on the 'Injuries and Suspension' thread]
I'd like to see us stick with Burke, hopefully he would be back for start of next season, if (big if) he got a good injury free run, he could be a season-changing player for us. worth taking a risk on.

Unless Burke was willing to sign a pay as you play deal, I would get rid. He is probably one of the highest paid players at the club but played just 6 games. Yes, he looked impressive in those games but for me not worth the risk and big wage.