Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Hamilton Final Home Game Of The Season
Aw no!! my wife hasn't ironed my other trousers, will I still get into the game?  Tongue

(05-16-2017, 06:47 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Aw no!! my wife hasn't ironed my other trousers, will I still get into the game?  Tongue

I was going to give you a nine out of ten for the joke.
But, my husband has just burned the tea, chip pan flared up.
So, it's bad mood time , three out of ten for the reply.
Tongue

Just back from the game...

What a Start to the game. Some goal from Midge. Shame he had to go off for that dud Woods. He is awful. Wonder how much Hamilton would want for Crawford?

Hamilton were unlucky in the first half. Post twice but that goal was criminal. Gifted the goal to them. Poor defending. Why did Woods come off? Any reason? OBrien should of been on to start with.

Either team could of won it in the 2nd and a draw was probably a fair result. Delighted with the goal at the end. Franks doing something useful for once.

What happened between Donati, Boyce and that other Accies defender near the end?

Fox man of the match in my opinion. Couple of good saves and 1 outstanding point blank range save. Keep us level a few times.

Great end to our home campaign. Done Caley a favour. They won't take advantage though.

(05-16-2017, 10:34 PM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Just back from the game...

What a Start to the game. Some goal from Midge. Shame he had to go off for that dud Woods. He is awful. Wonder how much Hamilton would want for Crawford?

Hamilton were unlucky in the first half. Post twice but that goal was criminal. Gifted the goal to them. Poor defending. Why did Woods come off? Any reason? OBrien should of been on to start with.

Either team could of won it in the 2nd and a draw was probably a fair result. Delighted with the goal at the end. Franks doing something useful for once.

What happened between Donati, Boyce and that other Accies defender near the end?

Fox man of the match in my opinion. Couple of good saves and 1 outstanding point blank range save. Keep us level a few times.

Great end to our home campaign. Done Caley a favour. They won't take advantage though.

What a nice touch from Craig Curran, coming round the ground, applauding the fans that stayed to the end ?? If only the other players could have joined him ??

(05-16-2017, 10:34 PM)PCraigyStaggie Wrote: Just back from the game...

Woods was only on for 25 mins ,he got caught late and was injured,not long after coming on.(you are keen to slag your own players ,but no mention of Hamiltons tactics that crocked Gardyne and Woods)
Franks was superb,ran his balls off up and down the line.
I did notice certain "supporters"were slagging Franks from the start,stopped slagging him when Woods came on to ,to slag him,then back to slagging Franks when Woods went off. 
Jeez guys .

What was the attendance?

[quote='tattiedave' pid='65509' dateline='1494977148']

Woods was only on for 25 mins ,he got caught late and was injured,not long after coming on.(you are keen to slag your own players ,but no mention of Hamiltons tactics that crocked Gardyne and Woods)
I did notice certain "supporters"were slagging Franks from the start,stopped slagging him when Woods came on to ,to slag him,then back to slagging Franks when Woods went off. 
Jeez guys .
[/quote

Well said Davie.

Certain people can't see the Woods for the trees!

(05-17-2017, 06:52 AM)Iker Wrote: What was the attendance?

Grateful for the win.  How must Hamilton feel after the chances and near misses!

Franks wasn't at the races yesterday (until the 91st minute!) he seemed exhausted, so clearly gave it his all, maybe needs more games to get up to speed?  Why Woods is being criticised i do not know, he has been an important player for us this season and i hope the next one too.  

Well done lads, a draw on saturday and we finish 7th.

Thought Woods was really good in the time he was on - the game seemed to slip a little during that period but he tried to get us moving forward and had some really nice touches. Thought Franks did well but felt sorry for him with the switch - with Kenny further back and him a bit less comfortable on the left than he had been on the right but hey hey what a strike

A few further observations:

Ali Crawford is deadly (as we've seen previously) having someone like that who is good for a freekick goal every couple of games is something we've really missed since RB moved on.

Boyce seemed a little off the boil, a few clunky first touches, or wee flicks that didn't come off - maybe feeling the pressure of being in the shop window?

Glad that Mackinnon got carded early on, it totally cramped his Scott Brown-esque game

Great performance from Fox

Franks seems to be back in contention - I thought he was on his way out? he gave it everything last night

O'Brien has a good attitude, really wants the ball all the time

Not sure if it was tactical setup, or just his nerves, but Tumilty looked continually out of position at wingback, and was regularly overlapped by Dougie Imrie, however going forward he looked really decent.

Back three without Davies is a wee bit shakey - could have been a few goals down mid way through second half

Hamilton were properly fighting for that one, and will feel hard done by that they came away with nothing, but it makes up for the last time they were up here when they mugged us for a point (Ali Crawford free kick IIRC?)

No sign of Gobern in the guard of honour - has he moved on?

(05-17-2017, 08:05 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: 4800

Thanks.

Good to see the offer, coupled with last game of season, seemed to work.

(05-17-2017, 08:02 AM)jamiepscot Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 12:25 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Woods was only on for 25 mins ,he got caught late and was injured,not long after coming on.(you are keen to slag your own players ,but no mention of Hamiltons tactics that crocked Gardyne and Woods)
Jeez guys .
[/quote

Well said Davie.

Certain people can't see the Woods for the trees!
I must have been at the same game as you two.
As soon as Woods came in, the Eat Stand moaner had a pop at him.
Give the players a chance and some encouragement.
Franks slipped, and the same moaner was right on his back.
I thought Woods played ok when he came on.
Hamilton nailed Woods and Gardyne, therefore Woods was not on long enough to have a bad game.
I really wish these supporters would support the team , it might just help them to play better.
Overall not a bad game, they had chances, so did we.
I will take 3-2 to County in every game.

Fox poty well deserved.

What an entertaining game on a fine night!

Great to see, and hear, the ground packed, shows the potential of lower ticket prices. Will certainly have given the board food for thought.

(05-16-2017, 11:09 PM)davie Wrote: What a nice touch from Craig Curran, coming round the ground, applauding the fans that stayed to the end ?? If only the other players could have joined him ??

Good on him too! Class act.

Thought that was Tumilty's toughest test yet, that little fanny Imrie gave him a lot of problems. He did well on the whole though.

Not too fussed about players waving or clapping to the crowd, especially as most knew that everyone would go on the pitch after.

(05-17-2017, 10:53 AM)Iker Wrote: Thanks.

Good to see the offer, coupled with last game of season, seemed to work.

It was well busy, with a very high poon tang quotient.

(05-17-2017, 03:07 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: It was well busy, with a very high poon tang quotient.

Always welcomed.

Re Donati, Boyce and Skondras, it was like a wee side show to the main event. I think Donati was getting a bit rattled by Boyce throughout the game and it seemed to flare up near the end, don't know what caused it but they were each others faces giving it a bit of chat whilst the ref was dealing with yet another Hamilton foul, the main stand linesman was keeping an eye on them though.
I think Skondras was unhappy with a boyce challenge and you could see he was going to have a nibble and sure enough a couple of minutes later the ball was slipped through the middle to Boyce who was tackled by Donati with Skondras coming in behind trying to get a sneaky dig in. That was when Skondras and Boyce got booked, if the game had gone on any longer there would have been at least one red card.
So what with the constant fouling, the Donati/Skondras incidents and Imrie being a d**k as usual i was delighted to beat them in the last minute and consign them to a play-off where hopefully Falkirk will beat them.