Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Celtic Easter Sunday
(04-26-2017, 10:28 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: I think the point Roberts is making(which we all agree with) is that refs need to be more consistent, why wasn't Halliday sent off on Sunday? Why wasn't Beerman sent off for 2 bookable tackles? It is one of the most annoying things about football, fans always have rose-tinted(or blue/green/red) when it comes to tackles and other incidents, however the ref, linesmen and other officials are all supposed to sing from the same songbook. They allegedely get together for training sessions including video analysis of incidents in games. Scott Brown deserved to be red carded for a bad foul after the red mist descended, Halliday only got a yellow for a late lunge off the ground when he was never going to win the ball.
I think the real problem is we don't have a Scott brown playing for us, I'd love to have Scott Brown in our midfield battling and niggling away at the opposition, someone suggested recently that we try and sign Carl Tremarco, I think he's similar to Brown in that you know you'll be in a battle against him.
If the present ICT team had a few more Tremarco's and Vigurs they wouldn't be in the trouble they are, kind of like we used to want a team of Kettlewells!!

Big difference between a combative midfielder like Ketts or Tremarco and just a thug like Brown. I wouldn't have him within a hundred miles of Viccy Park

Brown would be a liability outside of the Old Firm, he'd be a 5-6 sendings off a season player.

I see Brown win his appeal - that is atrocious. And just shows how biased towards both of the ugly sisters that the SFA are. In his post match interview his own manager called it a definite red card but less than 3 days later they appeal it on the basis of wrongful dismissal.

That is a joke cos if it had happened to a player from Hearts etc the sending off would have been upheld.

If it was Boyce on Brown, it would have stood. 100%

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but that decision stinks. Anyone else and the appeal would've been rejected.

Certainly didn't see that one coming - if anything expected an increase on basis appeal was frivolous!
Virtually an encouragement for clubs to appeal everything.

In any case think that its time that suspensions only take effect say 14 days after an offence so
that appeal hearings are concluded before the suspension kicks in - in other words the appeal
process, if unsuccessful, should not affect the games that the player misses had no appeal been
lodged.

An absolute disgrace and I missed out a few swear words aswell. Old firm bias without a doubt. A Ross County player would have lost the appeal and been hit with a 3 game ban. Alex should appeal to get his 2 game ban reduced to 1. Why is this thug allowed to get off with this!!!!!!!!! Angry
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

An absolute joke of a decision.
If that had been Boyce on Brown, 100% no danger it would be rescinded.
Brendan and the Celtic media machine hauled Schalk over the coals for his dive.
It seems they actually run the SFA too.

Why the [censored] do we bother? I think I'll spend more weekends going fishing. 

I hope JM and Boyce bite their lips and channel their frustration into tomorrow nights game.

Definite red card but I'm not overly bothered that Brown got away with it. We did ok out of that game without playing particularly well.

Wow, never been so shocked with an appeal decision in all my life. Maybe we just need to start bringing up occasions when people haven't been punished for things our players have, works wonders it would appear!!!

After that disgraceful decision does that mean that Brendan Rodgers will want Liam Boyce to apologize to that ________
__________ person Scott Brown. Where do the SFA get off making that so called decision but there again we should have expected it after all it was a Glasgow team Brown plays for,

The best way to handle someone like Scott Brown is first 50/50 tackle in a game make sure you punt him in to row Z.....new SFA rules allow you to take players clean out nowadays with 2 footed challenge from the back. Get Ketts out of retirement he would sort him out!

There is not a player out there I dislike more, this just adds to it.

Safe to say this is the backlash of the penalty decision but that should not have come into it. The tackle should have been viewed in isolation.

(04-28-2017, 07:09 AM)GUITAR MAN Wrote: The best way to handle someone like Scott Brown is first 50/50 tackle in a game make sure you punt him in to row Z.....new SFA rules allow you to take players clean out nowadays with 2 footed challenge from the back. Get Ketts out of retirement he would sort him out!

Better still get Kovasevich back.  He sorted Brown out well and truly a few years back.  Remeber Brown going uup to him at end of game and shaking his hand.  Think there's a mention and maybe a photo somewhere on OTB about this in the dim and distant past

(04-28-2017, 09:30 AM)the reaper Wrote: Better still get Kovasevich back.  He sorted Brown out well and truly a few years back.  Remeber Brown going uup to him at end of game and shaking his hand.  Think there's a mention and maybe a photo somewhere on OTB about this in the dim and distant past

If it is the same game then not really.  Brown got away with a bad tackle on Ketts and Kova got booked for getting the ball which Brown mocked him repeatedly for.  I posted a link to this clip above.

Spare a thought for poor Don Robertson, who was brave enough to make 2 big calls late on in the game, only to see them both effectively over-ruled by a blazer in a metaphorical ivory tower
Apropos of nothing, Robertson hasn't got a game (or even a 4th official gig) this week
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Any truth in the rumour that they left the away dressing room damaged?

(04-30-2017, 06:02 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Any truth in the rumour that they left the away dressing room damaged?

What?
Not again, surely not?