Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Celtic Easter Sunday
There should be a thread for this last game before the split, so better late than never.

Celtic are so much better than every other team so the likelihood of us getting any points from this games is pretty slim.

That doesn't mean it's not important though.

If we do get a point that would be a huge lift for the team, but the main thing is we don't concede too many goals. Goal difference could be vital in the last few games.

Last home game with them we held our own well till the manager made those bizarre substitutions so hopefully we'll stay on the ball till the 95th minute this time.

So I guess it will be a defensive line up with just one striker.

P&J today saying Davies is 50/50, McEveley and Quinn out.
Woods suspended.

Hopefully Davies can play, he's suspended for the ict match on 28/4 anyway so the next match he could play would be away to motherwell on 06/05, in three weeks time.

Hopefully celtic have their eye on their next match (the bigot fest between the ugly sisters) Scottish Cup Semi-final.  If they rest a few and play a few fringe players we could surprise them.

We have a two week break after this so we should have a go at them.

Fox

Fraser Davies VDW

Naismith McShane O'Brien Chow Gardyne

Curran Boyce

I'm not sure if McShane is fit but I'd trust him as a sitting midfielder more than Routis but Routis could be a useful sub later on as is Schalk.

McShane is out for the season, had surgery in Jan.
Dow was our best player last week and deserves another start.

Not expecting anything, but you never know.

(04-15-2017, 12:00 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: McShane is out for the season, had surgery in Jan.
Dow was our best player last week and deserves another start.

Not expecting anything,  but you never know.

I rattled through that post quite quickly, you're quite right Dow deserves a start and if McShane in out for so long i'd have Dow in his place.

I worry about VDW being torn a new one and even getting himself sent off. Could we play anyone else, Tumilty maybe at centre half instead?

Anything we can take from this game would be an unexpected bonus.........To most people.

I really fancy us to get at least a draw however.

I think we'll be OK this season as Dundee and Caley seem to be in free fall. They're both going to struggle to pick up points in the run in given recent performances and results.

7th - 11th is very tight, I think we'll manage to avoid the automatic spot, but Hamilton and Motherwell both looked strong today. As others have mentioned, anything out of tomorrow will be a bonus, but even if we get a hammering, it'll be important not to let the heads drop, or we may find ourselves sliding further into the mire.

Goal difference could be a factor so when we are 3-0 up let's keep going forward.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Easy win today I reckon. Let's get into them.

(Great profile pic, R'sWB.)

(04-16-2017, 10:40 AM)john@THHP Wrote: (Great profile pic, R'sWB.)

We could do with him this afternoon. Is he still playing in Europe?

Thumbs Up 
(04-16-2017, 09:31 AM)gudgie67 Wrote: Goal difference could be a factor so when we are 3-0 up let's keep going forward.

okay.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

(04-16-2017, 11:00 AM)frankthetank Wrote: We could do with him this afternoon. Is he still playing in Europe?

He's in the third tier of German football with Magdeburg, waste of one of the best centre halfs I've seen in a County strip, unfortunately Scott Boyd and Grant Munro were too solid and Derek didn't like changing a winning team, was too late by the time we started playing him  Sad

Hopefully we pick-up no more injuries or red cards today and put in a battling display. More important games ahead. Buzzing for today tho!

[censored].

Midge Smile

Gardyne back where he should be, on the score sheet. Nice. Smile

Saw that coming, pressure was building.

Boyce Smile Smile Smile

Absolute dive, but... we're level.