Poll: Should Jim & Billy go
Yes they should go
No they should stay
Give them until the end of the season
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
All new, should Jim & Billy go?
(04-03-2017, 12:39 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: Who are the 2 people who think they should stay?
Show yourselves.  Would love to know your thinking

RSB ?   Big Grin    Big Grin    Big Grin

An homage:

"I've been saying for over a year
That Jim and Billy shouldn't be here
I was mocked ! ABUSED ! A victim am I !!!
But being a proud highlander, I maintained my cry

But now you all agree, you see I was right
Every fan but I, was just talking [censored]
Its hard being me, the world's greatest fan
But i'll be content  with Jim gone... I hate that man"

More seriously, I think Jim and Billy should get to the end of the season, but someone else has to come in for next season.
The many and varied different reasons they have to go have been repeatedly covered, which speaks volumes.
But I'm not convinced that chucking them now and promoting from within (or making a short-term appointment) is a safe enough gamble to chance.

A lot of people on this forum seem to be deluded, in my opinion. I haven't voted in this poll; I voted in the last one and my stance has not changed - the manager must be given a fair chance! There is nothing more disruptive to a team than changing the management and if any proof is required, look at the Aberdeen shenanigans over the last thirty years - check out their fan power and what it achieved.

I don't disagree with some of the comments that have been made but perspective is required. Jim McIntyre is a relatively inexperienced manager at this level; he has to be allowed to make some mistakes - the important thing is that he learns from them and the team improves as a result.

I believe that the team plays quite attractive football, I would rather watch County than probably half the other teams in the league. At this stage, with seven games to go, there are four teams worse off, it shouldn't be all doom and gloom. Sieze the positives, get behind the team and please accept that management stability must be the top priority.

He's been in charge of us for almost 3 years, with this team very much his team having been provided the biggest budget in our history.
He has been given a fair chance.

He's been a manager for 10 years, since taking over Dunfermline in 2007.
He is not inexperienced.

He hasn't managed much in the top flight because in his first shot at the top flight he got Dunfermline relegated and had to re-prove himself elsewhere.  He did that and is now in his 3rd season with us in the top flight (i.e. his 4th), and we're in a relegation battle.

4 teams are worse off than us at this moment in the league, but we aren't a consistently better team than any of them and don't have much of a cushion in points above any of them.
There's also 7 teams worse off budget-wise, i.e. more than 4.

My 'delusions' aside, I have to admit that 'Elvis Peffrey' is a cracking name!  Big Grin

(04-05-2017, 04:46 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: He's been in charge of us for almost 3 years, with this team very much his team having been provided the biggest budget in our history.
He has been given a fair chance.

He's been a manager for 10 years, since taking over Dunfermline in 2007.
He is not inexperienced.

He hasn't managed much in the top flight because in his first shot at the top flight he got Dunfermline relegated and had to re-prove himself elsewhere.  He did that and is now in his 3rd season with us in the top flight (i.e. his 4th), and we're in a relegation battle.

4 teams are worse off than us at this moment in the league, but we aren't a consistently better team than any of them and don't have much of a cushion in points above any of them.
There's also 7 teams worse off budget-wise, i.e. more than 4.

My 'delusions' aside, I have to admit that 'Elvis Peffrey' is a cracking name!  Big Grin
For me I agree - was there last nigh cheering the team on and mighty relived by the three points.  I think the team worked really hard but I think the effort and commitment has always been pretty good this season.  The problem for me is we don't have a clear and settled game plan - these are his players and it is his structure but all season we have struggled to identify the right balance.

Our central midfield was weakened by the loss of Jackson but they had time to address that and i think we still don't have the right balance in there as I think Woods strengths which were on show last night until he departed was getting things to happen.  Chow works hard but doesn't do that job and neither does Routis.  I can see a plan with the three of them playing but then that has impacts out wide and in other places.  JM's solution of playing our three strikers with our best as the deep lying one never has convinced me.  I'l admit to not knowing the answer but it doesn't seem JM or BD have found it - they have been given time and money and I know Adams is at times a divisive figure but I really do wonder what he would have made had we transitioned the budget and longer contracts during his time.

Anyway for me I had been thinking after Saturday we were as well giving Kets a chance and Ive said as much - there is certainly enough commitment for JM to be given until the end of the season but for me we need a different direction after that.

I will have fond memories as I still have for DA after the cup win which was amazing but if we want to progress towards top six and perhaps even europe and it seems the budget is at least building us for that thenI think we need different management.

It's difficult to argue that we're making progress under the current management team. Apart from the fantastic achievement of bringing the club its first major silverware, under Jim and Billy we have been in decline. Compare County's position to that of Partick Thistle, for example, who under rookie manager Alan Archibald have made steady progress over the 3 years since his appointment (10th, 9th and 8th positions, and possibly top 6 finish this season).
Fans have been increasingly critical of recruitment, team selection, tactics and man management on the part of the current management and unfortunately there is nothing to suggest that improvement is likely in any of those key areas.

There's yer banner.

[Image: C8whZwDXoAEzSc5.jpg]

(04-03-2017, 12:39 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: Who are the 2 people who think they should stay?
Show yourselves.  Would love to know your thinking

I must reading the last two polls wrong?
Firstly, I did not vote in this poll, but having just checked the figures, first poll, 34 people vote for them to go, this poll, 53 voted for them to go!
Is this what one calls conclusive? I assume that the 34 who voted in the first poll are included in the second, ok, I don't know for sure.
Therefore if all 53 presented themselves at the stadium in a "mass" protest, Is that enough to convince them to go?
Personally I could not care less who was in charge, that decision will be made by Roy and the board.
I recall two fat t...do in shell suits standing at the Longman roundabout at the Dump with a banner saying Brewster out, the Caley are in worse position now, love to know where that pair are now.
Makes me laugh when I hear football fans " who know better" , myself included occasionally, we all know how to run the team, what formation to play, who we should sign, the list goes on.
We had the same scenario when Derek Adams was here some of the comments and abuse that  was directed at him was disgraceful.
But one thing we know Derek has gone it's time some of his disciples got over it.
Rant over, let's pull together as fans get behind the team for the rest of the season, get as many points together as possible, I assume we all want to stay up?
Protest banners will not help us stay up.
I would like us to stay up, and I would very much like to see a noisy singing in section, backing the team.

(04-07-2017, 02:27 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: I must reading the last two polls wrong?
Firstly, I did not vote in this poll, but having just checked the figures, first poll, 34 people vote for them to go, this poll, 53 voted for them to go!
Is this what one calls conclusive? I assume that the 34 who voted in the first poll are included in the second, ok, I don't know for sure.
Therefore if all 53 presented themselves at the stadium in a "mass" protest, Is that enough to convince them to go?
Personally I could not care less who was in charge, that decision will be made by Roy and the board.
I recall two fat t...do in shell suits standing at the Longman roundabout at the Dump with a banner saying Brewster out, the Caley are in worse position now, love to know where that pair are now.
Makes me laugh when I hear football fans " who know better" , myself included occasionally, we all know how to run the team, what formation to play, who we should sign, the list goes on.
We had the same scenario when Derek Adams was here some of the comments and abuse that  was directed at him was disgraceful.
But one thing we know Derek has gone it's time some of his disciples got over it.
Rant over, let's pull together as fans get behind the team for the rest of the season, get as many points together as possible, I assume we all want to stay up?
Protest banners will not help us stay up.
I would like us to stay up, and I would very much like to see a noisy singing in section, backing the team.
Absolute common sense.That gets my vote!! Rolleyes

Harry states he could not care less who was in charge - where are Smith, Leitch, Campbell and McStay when you need them.

(04-07-2017, 03:34 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Harry states he could not care less who was in charge - where are Smith, Leitch, Campbell and McStay when you need them.

Ok, I missed a line there, should have added , as long as we stay up.
End of this season, if Roy is not amused, he will make that decision.
Smith, correct me if I am wrong, but to date , he was the man in charge when County inflicted the highest ever defeat of Caley at Dump, 5 - 1.
 No other team has ever come close.
Campbell, again, were County not top of the league under him?
Leith and Mcstay, have to agree , they were not the best managers we ever had, but not bad footballlers.
If I am wrong, Quote me Buff, I will not eat humble pie, I will eat a Deas Pie.

Good game this Harry. Correct me if I am wrong, did Smith not inflict Gary McSwegan on us - the following two seasons gave McSwegans pension pot a tremendous boost.
I would credit John Hughes with the managerial award for damaging ICT the most by holding out for his severance payment - this has resulted in a skint Caley appointing Foran - hopefully we now see them drop through the leagues.

(04-07-2017, 04:23 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Smith, correct me if I am wrong, but to date , he was the man in charge when County inflicted the highest ever defeat of Caley at Dump, 5 - 1.

Alex Smith I remember was described as a cancer to Ross County. Some of the signings he made nearly killed us off. One result does not make him a good manager.

For those who got upset in regards to the banner, I would hate to think of your reaction if you saw this as a Leyton Orient fan. McIntyre out was very tame.

[Image: nintchdbpict000313099237-e1491475075391....uality=100]

Watching us under Alex Smith was sometimes pushing you to the point of depression with the amount of money laid out on past it rubbish.

Give him 'til the end of the season- if he can drop the tombola selections.

Let's give him 'til 4:50pm tomorrow then reconsider. Hopefully a good turnout from Staggies. This Hamilton mob will use every dirty trick in the book against us but our class will prevail. Get your money on a comfortable Staggies win. COYS

but guys, top six

(04-07-2017, 04:53 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Good game this Harry.  Correct me if I am wrong, did Smith not inflict Gary McSwegan on us - the following two seasons gave McSwegans pension pot a tremendous boost.
I would credit John Hughes with the managerial award for damaging ICT the most by holding out for his severance payment - this has resulted in a skint Caley appointing Foran - hopefully we now see them drop through the leagues.

I was not pointing out Smiths football management ability.
Just pointed out a fact.
Lay off Gary McSwegan, at least he turned up for Boyds testimonial, as large as life.
Deas pies, or Harry Gow pies?
3 points against Hamilton today please.
Let's get to that safety zone.

ICT being relegated would do County no favours at all. Not least because they are the one team McIntyre seems to have worked out. The two or three full houses per season are handy as well. And the games are fun, usually.

Cuzdog didn't appreciate the banner.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footb...n-10180970

Can remember McSwegan struggling during the warm up in an away game at Brechin - I think Lionel Djebi-Zadi was in the team. Squad were basically going through stretching and flexibility exercises - except McSwegan who was as stiff as a board - he was unable to squat and had no range of motion which is basically essential if you want to avoid injury as it keeps muscles loose and relaxed. His game time was limited so at least the club saved on appearance money.