Poll: Should Jim & Billy go
Yes they should go
No they should stay
Give them until the end of the season
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
All new, should Jim & Billy go?
In the same vein as last time.  Keen to see the shift in results since the last Poll.  Am sad like that.

In the interest of Science (or something) the questions are the same as the original Poll.

after today, no more p-----g about get them to f--k away from our club.

I honestly thought they might pull their collective finger out enough to keep us semi-comfortably safe, it would appear I was mistaken, so have changed my vote to 'Go'

It's increasingly difficult to imagine them being here next season. The glimpses of opportunity there's been to string 2 or 3 good results together and gain a bit of comfort before the split have basically gone.
Right now I'm fearing the worst, my pendulum is swinging.

Bring on Morton away on a cold Tuesday night!!

It's probably too late but they should go to give a new management team time to assess what they have in the playing pool and aim for at the best a play off position, hoping to stay up against what looks like a good Falkirk team. New faces can help motivate players. Things do seem stale over the bridge and the players seem to be just going through the motions. Too late to make much differecne to weight and fitness now, that's for next season. They can play blindingly brilliant football one minute and deliver howlers the next. Why? It isn't the hallmark of professionals to do this.

Is this Poll proof that 360 Jim himself reads the forum, i.e. the one vote to stay!

I can't even believe they are still here? Should have gone a very long time ago. Get them to [censored].

I remember when Jim took over from Derek he said the club was a shambles......what would you call it now Jim???? Play players in their correct positions against Dundee & we will get 3 points....

(04-02-2017, 08:16 PM)GUITAR MAN Wrote: I remember when Jim took over from Derek he said the club was a shambles......what would you call it now Jim???? Play players in their correct positions against Dundee & we will get 3 points....

Jim seems incapable of that he doesn't seem to know his best team or formation and more and more I think he's lost the plot. I see the players still working so he may not have lost the dressing room completely but man are we clueless as a team.  For me he has to go and I'd put in Ketts or Jim Duffy at least we'd see some passion.  We might go down given where we are but if we make the change we could bounce up a little. I'd be more confident short term with Duffy and longer term with Ketts- for me get Duffy in and Ketts as assistant and give us a fighting chance.

The ship is sinking and JM should go down with it! If he would just try to concentrate on the football side of things. His time is up and his reputation will be tarnished. Just try and enjoy our last few weeks of SPL status.

Sinking very fast at the moment. 3pts is vital on tuesday. Do or die at the moment. Time to go.

I think the window of opportunity for sacking the management team has passed. We just need to ride it out now and hope we can get our act together enough to survive following the split.

However, I'm certain there will be a change made in the summer.

Who are the 2 people who think they should stay?
Show yourselves. Would love to know your thinking

I would genuinely be interested to know the reasoning why people want to keep JM. I appreciate that those who have voted to keep them on may not want to make their vote public, but if you did can you please give us your reasons.

The only possible reason I can think of is because of what they achieved last season, however for me that is not enough.

The target for this year, considering our budget, would have been top 6 and a cup run, we got no where near either. The league results have been poor since beginning of 2016, performances poor also.
Signings during the past 2 windows haven't been good (with exception of Naismith). IMO he's wasted money on taking in Lalkovic/O'Brien/Goburn etc. These guys barely get any game time and are they any better than what we already had or could have promoted from dev squad?
He doesn't know our best formation.
Regularly plays players out of position.
Selects the same players every week, even if they are out of form.
Others may have other reasons, i.e. the Boyd issues/community/matchday outfit!! ffs!! I try to stick to the football/tactics and results and none of which for the past 16 months (cup win excluded) have been good enough.

For me he must go now before tomorrows game. I would get Fergie to take the team till end of the season. We don't look like getting any points on the board at the minute so how much worse can Fergie do. Some people are calling for Ketts, but I would let him finish what he has started with the Dev team, and maybe look at giving him the job next season, depending on whether he & Roy thinks he is ready. I've rambled on long enough but I honestly cant remember being so frustrated as a County fan as I am now, with our squad & setup we should be much better.

(04-03-2017, 12:27 PM)Forfinn Wrote: I think the window of opportunity for sacking the management team has passed.  We just need to ride it out now and hope we can get our act together enough to survive following the split.

However, I'm certain there will be a change made in the summer.

Have to agree. Change now may just demoralise an already struggling squad.
Been saying it for months to my mates, give Jim to the end of the season, thank him for his efforts (he's done alright but we've not improved despite the increased budget). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, he'll do alright elsewhere!

FYI my vote hasn't changed.

(04-03-2017, 12:39 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: Who are the 2 people who think they should stay?
Show yourselves.  Would love to know your thinking

JM and BD perhaps?????

77.97%, says it all.

How the peg for his jacket hasn't fallen off yet is ridiculous.

(04-04-2017, 11:56 AM)t3hShmo Wrote: 77.97%, says it all.

How the peg for his jacket hasn't fallen off yet is ridiculous.

Worth pointing out that Derek polled at 51.28% at the time of his departure.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

I haven't voted.  My position is that I will support JM for as long as he is in the job, and I will agree with Roy if he decides that the time has come when he should go.  I am certainly pleased that it is Roy who is making the decision.  It will be the right one, whichever way it goes, and whenever it is made.

Of course I wish our results had been better, but I think I can understand what JM has been trying to do.  It seems clear to me that he was trying to build a team of ball players.  Style and panache - remember that?  He has pretty well always brought in players who are comfortable on the ball, and play with their heads up.  That is why McEveley (for example) was preferred to Boyd.  Of course Boyd has lots of other virtues, but his distribution from the back is not one of them.  And whilst we are on it, JM could have kept Boyd in reserve for all of his other virtues.  He would not have got many games (if any) if things had gone better, and it seems to me that letting him move to somewhere else where he was going to get regular game time, even if that was to one of our rivals, was a very fair and generous call in recognition of his contribution to County over the years.  Sorry if this does not fit any conspiracy theories.

And Boyce in midfield stems from Currans's return to fitness.  Schalk's pace had been refreshing and threatening in his absence, so the challenge was to try and find a formation which would accommodate Boyce, Curran and Schalk.  We could not play 3 up front (could we?!) so which of the three is best suited to a midfield role. I can certainly see why he thought that Boyce has the best skills for that.  And if it worked, Boyce would hopefully continue to knock in some goals in addition to whatever Curran and Schalk could muster.  JM has possibly persisted with this enterprise for too long, but I can see why he tried it, and he could not reasonably have predicted how many penalties Schalk would fail to be awarded.

My tuppenceworth.  And I am glad I have got it in before tonight's game.  Because if we crash and burn and JM departs the scene, I will have missed the opportunity.  And he has given us some good memories.

We won one game to put a cushion on our relegation battle. Wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for his tactics. Still a go for me.