Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
ICT away 18/4/17
(03-20-2017, 12:01 AM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: From an earlier post.
I hope the referee clamps down on the likes of the Carthorse Draper, and some of the other hefty challengers in the Caley side.
Looking to keep our composure and discipline, and take all 3 points.
A good singing section to back the team.
Come on County, we can do it.

Now then, I watched Caley against Rangers a couple of weeks back, did not want to post it, just in case I was accused of being a Rangers supporter.
But some of the challenges against the Rangers players was unbelievable, how Caley got away with it? beyond me.
Almost every challenge they barged in from behind, battering into their opponent, not sure how Rangers supporters did not make  more of it.
The Caley first goal, ball goes out at half way line, by the time the throw is taken he is close to the 18 yard line, couple of touches , goal, every foul, they pushed the ball forward, blocked opponents etc. list was endless.

It happens in every game, how do they get away with it?
Think Craig Thompson would sort them out, . Huh

I agree with you

(03-20-2017, 08:52 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I agree with you

Thank you Buff!
I always said you were a good honest man, and great knowledge of the game.
Therefore I award you a triple crown Harry Gow Pie (steak of course).
I note talk of a possible new manager earlier in the thread.
Without a shadow of a doubt, best "available" (if he is indeed available) manager right now!
Jim Duffy.
Then again! JM & BD are still in charge.

Houston won't be leaving Falkirk anytime soon , and mixu, he'd be worse than what we've got, depending on which way Roy wants to go with it I'd say fergie or go for Tommy. Wright.

(03-20-2017, 09:04 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Houston won't be leaving Falkirk anytime soon , and mixu, he'd be worse than what we've got, depending on which way Roy wants to go with it I'd say fergie or  go for Tommy. Wright.

Tommy Wright???? In our dreams!!!
If it could be done though, yes please  Smile

Development squad management team.

(03-20-2017, 10:41 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Development squad management team.

Not going to happen as they are happy with the job they are doing. And dont want the 1st team positions

(03-20-2017, 09:00 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Thank you Buff!
I always said you were a good honest man, and great knowledge of the game.
Therefore I award you a triple crown Harry Gow Pie (steak of course).
I note talk of a possible new manager earlier in the thread.
Without a shadow of a doubt, best "available" (if he is indeed available) manager right now!
Jim Duffy.
Then again! JM & BD are still in charge.

Jim Duffy is a very good manager indeed ,doing a good job too , with Greenock  Morton. I  don't think JM & BD. Will be here ,infacr Tony will be here longer  ( cruciate injury ) take about six months for that to sort 

If you are at Boydys testimonial we shall,have a pint and Discuss manager . If we keep getting interrupted. I shall give you one of my walking sticks, So we can keep them at bay , !! NO !! 
Wait we will,offer them all of our Harry Gow pies  !! Now that should keep them at bay ? 
 Roy might invite Hartson to apply or Davis or  Mcliesh. ,but I like your Jimm DUFFY. must say  YOU KNOW  a good manager , Alex Neil. Whether he would take it. He is good with youth , 
Failing that I'll,apply myself  natural I'd invite you as my second in command  if successful ,you see our priority would be  win more than we lose ,I don't thinkmJM&BD  has cottened on yet pity 
My thoughts are. We won't go down ,  but we cannot keep playing Russian Roelet , 
!!! The pies are on me !!!  Unless you want a night out with two dumplings  J& B

Alex Neil, Jim Duffy, Alex McLeish all good shouts. McLeish needs to establish himself again after a good few failed attempts at jobs.

(03-21-2017, 09:43 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Alex Neil, Jim Duffy, Alex McLeish all good shouts. McLeish needs to establish himself again after a good few failed attempts at jobs.

Alex Neil????? Wages????? He's premiership/championship manager and his wages will be 10x what we can afford!

We can dream though.

Jim Duffy, I've always liked him and he would be great for County.

McLeish, don't know if the hunger and desire is there. On his way down IMHO. You never know though, maybe County are exactly what he needs to renew his enthusiasm and revive his career.

Dim Juffy? Really?

Alex Neil would be a cracking shout, think we'd struggle to get even close to his wage demands.

I doubt we could give McLeish what he wanted either. I still think making a change now would be counter-productive. As well as we hide it sometimes, we definitely have a team capable of staying up. Make the change after the final game, use the time between now and then to line up a replacement and give them essentially the full off season period to get stuck in and start making the team their own.

(03-21-2017, 01:48 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: I doubt we could give McLeish what he wanted either. I still think making a change now would be counter-productive. As well as we hide it sometimes, we definitely have a team capable of staying up. Make the change after the final game, use the time between now and then to line up a replacement and give them essentially the full off season period to get stuck in and start making the team their own.

AGREED

Alex Neil, Jim Duffy, Alex McLeish

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-21-2017, 03:18 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Alex Neil, Jim Duffy, Alex McLeish

[Image: giphy.gif]

Do you have any suggestions or are you just laughing at other people's suggestions? 
I don't have any recommendations at the moment as we still have a manager and I still wish him the best! 
I commented on other people's suggestions and felt wrong after doing it, it's disrespectful I suppose and way off original thread. 
Yet here I am doing it again  Tongue

(03-21-2017, 10:48 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Alex Neil????? Wages????? He's premiership/championship manager and his wages will be 10x what we can afford!

We can dream though.

Jim Duffy, I've always liked him and he would be great for County.

McLeish, don't know if the hunger and desire is there. On his way down IMHO. You never know though, maybe County are exactly what he needs to renew his enthusiasm and revive his career.

Why  I mentioned Mcliesh before he went south he mentioned hiw his family loved being up north. On holidays and Ross shire in particular took his fancy for a place to stay

McLeish is good with other managers players, once he buys his own it goes downhill rapidly for some reason.

(03-21-2017, 08:04 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: McLeish is good with other managers players, once he buys his own it goes downhill rapidly for some reason.

Not sure what you mean by once he buys his own ,he took on job at Rangers , Sevco,  whatever takes your fancy ,hecwas acrually informed. Then money situation for players was not available like previous managers ,he was up,against very very good manager martin  O'Neil. ,
Mcliesh. Won league league cup Scottish cup  did treble  on Bosman signings ,
The Birmingham situation soured him players sold from under his feet ,plus he was on a loser ,
Alex Neil,someone said he is a premiership manager now , let's see if he is hired by end of season, a great youth coach and it is his legacy that kept Hamilton going last couple of seasons ,he woukd be ? 

Initially I was saying put Stevie Ferguson  Ketts  in charge , but no why change a situation that is going well  the youth and under twenty teams are now shaping up, so we are now creating a base a solid structure fir youth to take off from ,with a good all,round experienced manager we could see changes  all round ,leave Stevie Ketts until they propose a move up ,they will know when they are ready ,they will,have to leave comfort zone sometime, 
All I'm doing is giving an opinion and that is all ,as long as county get a structure where we are seeing decent football and winning more times than losing or indeed winning more times than now .
Jim Duffy another good underestimated  manager 
For all his fiery nature Neil Lennon does a decent job 
Tommy wright woukd be a great shout too

If there is a vacancy in the summer .................

There is a manager with previous successful experience in Scottish football leading a small geographically challenged club to two promotions, its first ever Cup Final and its two highest ever premier league placings and who is now working south of the border and appears (subject to unanticipated disaster) to be taking his current, similarly geographically challenged, club to promotion this year in his second season there having missed out in the play off final in 2016.

Think this ship has sailed though!

(03-22-2017, 12:24 PM)Strathglass Wrote: If there is a vacancy in the summer .................

There is a manager with previous successful experience in Scottish football  leading a small geographically challenged club to two promotions, its first ever Cup Final and its two highest ever premier league placings and who is now working south of the border and appears (subject to unanticipated disaster) to be taking his current, similarly geographically challenged, club to promotion this year in his second season there having missed out in the play off final in 2016.

Think this ship has sailed though!

Never is a long time.  Would like to see him get a second run with a bigger budget