Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
ICT away 18/4/17
(03-18-2017, 07:29 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Agree 100% as a season ticket holder like so many ,we back the  club before a ball is kicked each season , the last two seasons (yes we won cup which fudged the damage )  I'm not prepared to  watch  The abysma,boring turn off next season,  so depressing  just feel so let down

Listen to yourself !! If we let a goal in  people are all,over it !!  As if it's the first time it happened or doesn't happen too often ,and we all know  it has indeed happened over and over again , abysmal,
ICT a very poor team , I fully expect Tombola caller and His  number checker to be gone end of season 
The place is not worth the season ticket  anymore,   I think majority of support feel same way ,what part of reality don't you get  cmon Frank
hopefully you will go with him and give decent supporters a rest

Wish it was correct! We are still in big trouble,the squad we have we should be in top 6 but if you have a manager who disna have a clue we deserve to be in this mess!!! Jim & Billy pack your bags now!

Hard to criticise the management for this one. Wicked deflection for their goal, Curran missed a sitter and the substitutions gained us a point. I'm losing patience with the management but I suggest some ire is directed at the players too. Boyce was rank today.

Worst Derby I've been to in a while. First half was dire from both sides. Very poor stuff.

Second half we were poor until the final 15 mins when we started to push hard. It amazes me that jm left it that late to make subs. Taking Gardyne off in stead of Boyce was poor. He has a right fancy for Boyce. Its not as if Boyce is unsubable. He was shocking. Too be fair though having him in midfield is a shocker. Our best finisher should be upfront. Harsh taking Curran off too, he worked his socks off for the whole game. Routis was awful I thought. McCarey in goal doesn't fill me was confidence either, looks like he doesn't have a clue sometimes.

Impressed by Curran, Schalk, Davies and Naismith.

Lalkovic and especially O'Brien were bright when they came on

At last the reality has sunk in with Jim:
"Every team from sixth down is in a relegation battle."

A draw today has turned out to be a good result and is more than I had hoped for.

Poor game by all accounts. Nice to score with 4 minutes to go which must have left the dump dwellers gutted. Unbeaten against them this season with 7 points out of 9. Tongue
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

So glad that we didn't lose today. Both teams were very poor but they needed 3 points more than us. Interesting set of fixtures next weekend. I suspect both Accies and ICT will pick up points so we could do with a win at Firhill. COYS

(03-18-2017, 08:13 PM)gujeecof Wrote: hopefully you will go with him and give decent supporters a rest

Thank you 100% agree. 

Some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy.  Huh

They just sat in and tried to hit on break. In first half they hit top of bar ,but we had two crosses put across box just needing a tap in,and what looked like a stone wall pen on Schalk turned down. Second half , omg, our throw in ,but given against us,then a wild miskick,then a shot goes in by a wild deflection,own goal for me. You can't blame management for that Buffy.
Had us on the rack for 15 mins, then we settled.
To me Boyce was not running free after going into steel advertising in first half,(in fact my bro in law had pointed out how close it was to bye line before the game started).
Subs changed the game, and it was so sweet we scored just as the announcer was naming Tansey man of the match!
We could have gone on to win game if Dows cross had found Boyce,so close.
I always said it was a must not lose game.
Thought Naismith and Curran (even with missing sitter)were immense.

(03-18-2017, 10:17 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Thank you 100% agree. 

Some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy.  Huh

That's you input to a game  maybe you should be with jim

Not much of a game tbh
First half was dreadful, very little of note happened
2nd half was slightly better. Their goal was poor- we had numerous opportunities to clear our lines, yet failed to do so before Tansey slotted home
Following on from that, we dominated most of the rest of the game without really looking like scoring. CuzDog really should have scored with a free header from a Naismith (again one of our better performers- this lad is a player) cross yet contrived to head wide at the back stick
Midge never gave up, always showing himself as an outlet and happy to take on (and beat) Raven, so it was more than slightly disappointing to see him taken off (particularly considering this was far from CuzDog's finest game, and the same could be said for numerous others)
Schalk's equaliser was a gem- ball into the back stick which he took down, made space for himself before lashing in to prompt a superb goon in the away end
Shout out to O'Brien, Dow and Lalkovic, who all offered something off the bench. Perhaps if they'd been introduced earlier we could have taken all 3 points

They're easily the poorest team I've seen us play this season, so somewhat disappointed not to have taken all 3 points
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(03-18-2017, 05:45 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Schalk Smile

1-1

From the BBC
86'
Goal! Inverness CT 1, Ross County 1. Alex Schalk (Ross County) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the top left corner. Assisted by Kenny van der Weg.

Wow what is it with OTB just nowadays, if we let a goal in it seems people are all over it, writing off players/manager/coaches/chairman, seemingly screaming from the rooftops! Then we score a goal and get a point away from home no one says anything!  Strange imo  Huh

Decent score elsewhere this afternoon, motherwell and hamilton both losing, hopefully celtic can beat dundee tomorrow too.

Glad wee Alex got us something from the game, that would have been a really tough one to take.

I was going to keep the updates going on here but got called into work unexpectantly, nothing more sinister.

ICT are grinding out results and we are getting results in the big games.  Going to be an interesting run in.

(03-18-2017, 10:59 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: That's you input to a game  maybe you should be with jim

Have you issue with me agreeing with another poster Buff? I thought my input was my previous posts regarding Ross County scoring a goal, did you notice that Buff, did you notice that we scored a goal or does that not suit your relentless vendetta against our manager. 

It's pretty fcuking boring to read and although i accept we can all have strong feelings on certain topics at one time or another, ramming your opinion down everyones throughts on every thread at every opertunity is getting very tedious.

(03-18-2017, 10:49 PM)tattiedave Wrote: They just sat in and tried to hit on break. In first half they hit top of bar ,but we had two crosses put across box just needing a tap in,and what looked like a stone wall pen on Schalk turned down. Second half , omg, our throw in ,but given against us,then a wild miskick,then a shot goes in by a wild deflection,own goal for me.  You can't blame management for that Buffy.
Had us on the rack  for 15 mins, then we settled.
To me Boyce was not running free after going into  steel advertising  in first half,(in fact my bro in law had pointed out how close it was to bye line before the game started).
Subs changed the game, and it was so sweet we scored just as the announcer was naming Tansey man of the match!
We could have gone on to win game if Dows cross had found Boyce,so close.
I always said it was a must not lose game.
Thought Naismith and Curran (even with missing sitter)were immense.

Glad to hear you thought about Curran and Naismith played so well, young Naismith seems a good find.

It sounds like one of those games where both teams were very concerned about NOT losing, with Hamilton away in a tough fixture it was always likely they'd drop points, motherwell losing too is a bonusi suppose.

(03-19-2017, 09:57 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Have you issue with me agreeing with another poster Buff? I thought my input was my previous posts regarding Ross County scoring a goal, did you notice that Buff, did you notice that we scored a goal or does that not suit your relentless vendetta against our manager. 

It's pretty fcuking boring to read and although i accept we can all have strong feelings on certain topics at one time or another, ramming your opinion down everyones throughts on every thread at every opertunity is getting very tedious.

One thing you've already learnt about me  never changed my opinion As I've said before I purchace two seasons tickets. I back the  club beforeca ball is kicked ,at end of season Roy will vindicate me you see integrity fidelity is big part of me ,i shout  whole game for team then. And try to encourage people round me ,final whistle  Feel so let down  two years now  watched us sink sink, truth be told all,the coaches will,be with me as all,the good work put in through out week wasted with JM He should get a job as a  bingo caller the man is a numoty at this level,Ross county have not gone forward under this pair ,
And it will,have consequences in future supporters already voting with their feet,which means loads of youth will,be lost ofcourse s team can't win every game  that is understandable but stars don't lie abysmal,if we were a buisnes we would be bankrupt , and byyour undying love of JM you allow him to drag you down too 

Same old  you prerogative

(03-19-2017, 09:57 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Glad to hear you thought about Curran and Naismith played so well, young Naismith seems a good find.

It sounds like one of those games where both teams were very concerned about NOT losing, with Hamilton away in a tough fixture it was always likely they'd drop points, motherwell losing too is a bonusi suppose.

I wouldn't say our team played like they were concerned about not losing, I'd just say we played the same standard of fare we're getting used to in games like at home v St. Johnstone & Hamilton. All huff and puff for a while, flattering to deceive but just not up to finishing the job.

Got to agree about Naismith though, he looks decent and one of a few to have a good game yesterday. This is just one of the reasons I'm certain that this team and squad really can be turned around, I just don't have the confidence that Jim's the man that can do it. After-all, all of our problems are of his own making. We can blame injuries all we want like someone else tried to on here, but Fox was the only one missing I'd be all that concerned by and yesterday's result was nothing to do with the standard of keeper.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Boyce tends to preserve himself just prior to international duty. That would appear to be his priority.

Not a great game yesterday but probably just about the right result although we were the beter side 1st half, Vigurs injured himself with one of his trademark late challenges, it was his second one so was close to a booking, Caley were quite cute all day with a wee pull here and a nudge there trying to disrupt our play,
Disappointed to see Midge being subbed yet again, I'd probably taken Boyce off he's not going to score if he doen't get into the box, Naismith was excellent as was Davies, I also thought McCarey did ok just the one rushed kick from hand which went out for a throw when he tried to set up a quick counter attack.
How Curran missed that header I'll never know 99 out of 100 that would have been buried.
Overall happy to take a point when it looked like a terrible ICT side were going to steal all 3 points.

When I heard that Fox was out I would have happily taken a point from this.
However Caley were dreadful, and it doesn't say much for us that it took a late equaliser to snatch a point.
Came away from the game very happy with that point.

Why did it take McIntyre so long to make the changes when it was plainly obvious that we were getting nowhere?
Routis had a stinker and Boyce was out of sorts.
Thought O'Brien did well when he came on. 
Chow had a decent game, no silly tackles. Midge, Naismith, Kenny and Davies all good.

At least no gifted goals from our defence (although we could have defended better for their goal).

Schalk makes the wrong decision sometimes but he never gave up yesterday and took his chance superbly. Some were saying there was a hint of hand ball as he controlled it? 

Crawford Alan poor as per usual - what happened to Craig Thomson? Not that I'm complaining.

Away singing section - very good, can you lads stick together and do the same at home games? Would make such a difference.

Poor game footballing wise but there was some good one touch stuff in last 10.
I think the basis is there but whether JM has the knack to get the best out of the squad is iffy.

Schalk last of the pitch and acknowledging the support. Whole team needs to do this to try to get us fans back on side.

Singing section was excellent but i was one block away and noise just dissapated out but that just a poor ground which has little atmosphere. Catering also very poor quality, charging loads and slow.

Thank goodness we have quality with DMcatering

Break will b good and boycey will be bac with a spring in his step.

Remember folks there is a game next week for the special ginger 1

No water flowing from the hot water taps in the bogs!

And bird $hit all over the seats, Dreadful Place