Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
ICT away 18/4/17
So it's the biggest Highland Derby to date I think we can make it 3 out of 3 this season we need to get behind the team right from the first whistle and sadly that whistle will be blown by Craig Thompson but none the lest we still need to do out bit to insure that 3 points go back over the bridge Mon the Staggies

Its a 6 pointer on Saturday. We truly are embroiled in a relegation battle and its time that the players and management realised that.

If we lose on Saturday then we are in proper dire straits and it will definitely be time for Jim & Billy to leave. We have won the same number away from home as we have at home so our form is atrocious. What i saw on Saturday didnt fill me with much confidence. 

Why Jim holds onto this notion that we will finish top 6 I have bo idea. He needs to realise there are no bread n butter games in this league and if he cant see that then he is as clueless as his team selections and tactics appear.

If Fox is fit and Woods doesn't start(Routis starting) on Sat and we go with the rest of the starters from last Sat then I think we'll be alright, I'd also like to see Midge play a full 90 mins I thought he was having a good game until Jim subbed him and those of us in the West stand could see Midge was perplexed and raging at being subbed.
Thompson as ref would normally concern me but I think he hates coming North of Perth so I can see both sets of fans giving it yahoo at some of his decisions.
Obviously there is a lot of rumblings from fans just now and a lot of it is justified but I hope we take a decent support to the dump and fully back the team, I know it's easier to back the team when they're doing well but we're there to SUPPORT our team, so lets do it from before the game till after the final whistle.
I don't care about the top 6 lets just survive in the top flight and look forward to next season with re-newed hope.
C'MON THE COUNTY!!!

Huge game. Biggest Derby to date. Need a huge crowd backing the boys.

Hope Fox is back and Routis starts. Any word on Davies?

Does anyone know how ticket sales are going? Hope we can get a good few hundred. Don't think we will sell ouylt

Tough to call how this game will go. Absolutley huge in ever way. We have to win it.

If JM cannot fire the boys up for this one, then there is something seriously wrong.

First of two (potentially) massive games against that lot.

Lose Saturday and we are really in the [censored]

Huge game and one we CAN win.

With hamilton away to rangers, hopefully we can put seven points between us and ict and six ahead of the play off spot.

We NEED Davies and Fox back for this game, as they'll throw everything into the six yard box.

Also I'd love Curran to get a hat-trick as some payback on draper for that horrific challenge that ruled him out for so long.

I hate going to games at The Dump, although the last one turned out well !

Such an important game for both teams so it could get quite tasty. We really mustn't allow them to bully us.

I hope we get a good crowd for the game, as it must help to motivate the team. I can't see us playing both Schalk and Curran so it'll be interesting to see which one he puts in. Hopefully Boyce will play further up the park like he did the last time we played there ( and scored 3 !)

We have to make sure we win the midfield battle and we don't make any (more) stupid defensive mistakes.

It won't be the end of the world if we lose on Saturday, but if we do lose it'll feel like it. If we did happen to lose badly would it be the end of Jim & Billy?

Not going to make this one.

Crack on the grapevine today - lose on Saturday and it's the jobs vacant column for a certain two.

(03-16-2017, 11:37 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Huge game and one we CAN win.

With hamilton away to rangers, hopefully we can put seven points between us and ict and six ahead of the play off spot.

We NEED Davies and Fox back for this game, as they'll throw everything into the six yard box.

Also I'd love Curran to get a hat-trick as some payback on draper for that horrific challenge that ruled him out for so long.

I hope the referee clamps down on the likes of the Carthorse Draper, and some of the other hefty challengers in the Caley side.
Looking to keep our composure and discipline, and take all 3 points.
A good singing section to back the team.
Come on County, we can do it.

(03-17-2017, 01:26 AM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: I hope the referee clamps down on the likes of the Carthorse Draper, and some of the other hefty challengers in the Caley side.

It's Craig Thomson, so I'd imagine not  Dodgy

Foran in the Daily Ranger saying the Highland Derby is one of the friendliest derbies and they need to be nastier! Clearly wasn't watching the aforementioned Draper 'challenge' on Curran...

Or Vigurs double whammy on Irvine and Gardyne last season. How he stayed on the pitch I will never know.

It is a derby, there is going to be hard challenges. Hopefully our players follow suit and throw their weight about a bit.

Can't wait. This week seems to be going to slow!

Hopefully Boyce and Curran play up top. Harsh on Schalk but last time we went up there Curran & Boyce were great together.

Any news on Fox & Davies?

Foran claims the Highland derbies are too friendly and ICT must be nastier and ready to do battle!
Hope JM and the team don't fall for that one. This is obviously a lure into yellow and red cards for us.
Our card count this year is far too high and to have any chance tomorrow we need to keep eleven players on the field.

I like Schalk's free kicks. They've been on target and forced some very good saves, so one must be due to go in.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

After listening to Foran this week, I fully expect our boys to be kicked off the park on Saturday.

(03-17-2017, 02:04 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: After listening to Foran this week, I fully expect our boys to be kicked off the park on Saturday.

And Thomson to do absolutely nothing about it!

I can only echo much of what's been said, Firstly, a confession. I have been guilty of being complacent up until now. I didn't think that we were in serious risk of relegation. Not because I thought we are any good this season. Patently, we're not but because I truly believed that in ICT and Hamilton there were at least two sides worse than us. Recent form suggests that might no longer be true.

We are definitely capable of winning our third derby in a row and if we do we will be 7 points clear of them and probably safe from the automatic place at least. Lose, however, and we are in deep trouble. Not merely a six pointer but Premiership survival could be at stake in this game.

I know many are not keen on travelling to the dump but tomorrow we need that shed that they have as an excuse for an away stand to be packed out with Staggies backing the team and roaring our heads off from start to finish.

They will, without doubt, be physical. We need to counter that by being right out of the starting blocks and in their faces from the first whistle.