Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Killie 11/3/17
The wrrying thing is that Jim said on Thursday that the players are more up for the games against Celtic etc and treat games against Killie etc as the bread n butter games.

He seriously needed to get the players up for todays game to get them thinking about how important the games are.

Seems to have missed his opportunity to do that. He asked for something from the singing section which he got.

If he cant get the players on the same page for how important todays game is then the job is too big for him

If they cant get motivated for the smaller clubs we are not going to pick up much after the split.

Sorry have mentioned this in another thread but relevant here also.

(03-08-2017, 04:21 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: It will be interesting who turns up at meeting Thursday ,I've ruled myself out ( ripping)  just out of hospital  it's come to early for me I'll also miss  my regimental dinner Friday night,
But I hope there is somebody in support not afraid to hold Roy to his unkept promises ,
Community club  Naw  you never see any player visit any place in any village ,for a start they could liaise with community coach mix with people Scott Boyd was good at this
Promises Promises !!!!!
Unfortunately County have become a club that now depend on  tax write offs,from the parent company,that is being used to finance the running of a club,I feel very strongly about the re naming of Victoria Park.  Ross County has been prostituted by the re naming of its ground,for the benefit of the Global Energy Group.i feel that a large ego trip operation has been a total success for the perpetrators,and that most of the Scottish Sports media has swallowed it hook line and sinker

(03-11-2017, 09:22 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: The most frustrating part of this is how well we were playing before the winter break.

The home wins against Aberdeen and ICT were two of the best home games I've been to for a long time. The spine of our team was very good; Fox, Davies/McEveley, Chow/Routis and Boyce/Curran. Boyce was on fire and was easily the best striker in the league outside the Celtic pair.

The warning signs were there in the ICT game when Woods got shoehorned into the side with Boyce pushed wide. Boyce, the best striker in the bottom six by a mile, has barely played up front since - that doesn't make sense. We've chopped and changed formations (I'd love to know our win percentage at home with a back three) and our defence every week. The January signings have made things worse, none are better than who they've replaced and it appears to have caused conflict in the dressing room - the team spirit looks a lot worse than it was before the winter break. Jim O'Brien or Milan Lalkovic aren't better than Tony Dingwall or Jonathan Franks, they've made zero impact, so why sign them on  a 5 month loan? It was a bizarre decision.

Our Development Squad will probably win the league this season, yet none get into the matchday squad when all senior players are fit. Tumilty, McLaughlin, Dykes and Morrison (Scotland youth international) are all excellent prospects yet not one has got anywhere near a run in the team this season. Ross County, a small community club, need a manager who will help nurture youth players, especially ones who are clearly worth good enough.

We rely very, very heavily on Fox, Davies & Boyce and when I saw the first two were out today, I knew we weren't winning. The squad don't look interested in the games against the 'smaller teams', in the Motherwell defeat you could tell after two minutes we weren't winning it was so flat. When we've been at our best during McIntyre's reign, it was when the team had huge energy and passion. The midfield pairing in the Aberdeen cup game was Woods and Golbern, possibly the slowest centre midfield partnership I've seen up here. None of our seven (yes, seven) wingers have had any impact this season, our midfield is as bad it's been during McIntyre's reign. 

We need to get back to 4-4-2, Chow and Routis in centre midfield, pick a settled team and pick players who are giving 100% every week, not automatically picking the players on the highest wages. We are bang in the relegation battle and our performances and attitude against the smaller team makes me worried we won't get out of it.

A couple of things for me.  I don't really agree around the winter signings we were playing well before the break but I'm sorry Dingwall has been poor when given the chance and while I think Franks has value coming off the bench with his pace am not sure he is a starter.  I think O'Brien started his County career well but I'd like to see more of Lalkovic as think he has something.

I think we have struggled all season as JM does not seem remotely to know his best or even a good side from the players he has largely chosen.  Woods seems to be always the easy target and he want great the bit he played today but many others were poor and I like that he is at least trying to create something.  I think though if he plays it needs to be as a three with Chow and Routi.  I'd be ok with that but we need to get Boyce forward - Curran works hard but our two best forwards are Boyce and Schiller in that order and if we play 2 they should start with Curran coming on against trying defenders if we need him.  I think Woods or Gardyne or even Lalkovic could play behind them if we stick with 3-5-3.  I was struck today thought with all the play we had in the first half how few chances we created.  The formation hasn't made us more solid but has robbed us of a creative spark.  I really fear for us though hope I'm wrong but today was poor and a game we should have won.  I'd say it was time for the management team to go but don't see any reasonable replacements and think if we were going to change we should have done earlier think we are stuck with things but really worried after today.

Sounds like we were unlucky AGAIN.

How come all other teams seem to be able to get goals in the last ten minutes and we ship goals in the last ten minutes? Once or even twice might be bad luck but it's happening too often.
Reasons :-
1. We're not fit enough to last 90 minutes?
2. We can't keep 100% concentration for 90 minutes?
3. The manager's substitutions negatively affect the team?
4. The players aren't committed enough to the cause?
5. The manager can't motivate the players?
6. We underestimate the "weaker" teams?
7. The manager panics at not getting 3 points and attacks without making sure we have sufficient defensive cover?
8. Our defence just isn't good enough?
9. By 80 minutes we've completely lost our shape?
10.All of the above?
Other?

It's almost embarrassing to admit I thought we had a good chance of top 6 again. I don't think the team has enough fight for a relegation battle..

(03-11-2017, 11:33 PM)It Wrote: Sounds like we were unlucky AGAIN.

How come all other teams seem to be able to get goals in the last ten minutes and we ship goals in the last ten minutes? Once or even twice might be bad luck but it's happening too often.
Reasons :-
1. We're not fit enough to last 90 minutes?
2. We can't keep 100% concentration for 90 minutes?
3. The manager's substitutions negatively affect the team?
4. The players aren't committed enough to the cause?
5. The manager can't motivate the players?
6. We underestimate the "weaker" teams?
7. The manager panics at not getting 3 points and attacks without making sure we have sufficient defensive cover?
8. Our defence just isn't good enough?
9. By 80 minutes we've completely lost our shape?
10.All of the above?
Other?

It's almost embarrassing to admit  I thought we had a good chance of top 6 again. I don't think the team has enough fight for a relegation battle..

I don't think there was much wrong we actually did today. Neither team created many chances, although we dominated play.

A completely lack of judgement cost us an easy point. I've no idea why Quinn thought he was all of a sudden an Olympic high jumper. That ball was nowhere near him.

Gardyne off was a poor decision but I don't think it would have changed the outcome. We didn't look like we'd get a winner beyond 80 minutes.

Hampered by the loss of Fox in the warm up, he may have done better with both goals.

Boyce being played too deep imo. Schalk a real menace, clever and tricky, gave his all.

Midfield are a weak point, Chow did ok today though and Woods tried but everyone knows he so one footed they close him down too quickly.

I like Naismith although he had a few Kovacevic moments today, did well into the box and couldn't finish.

The boys tried really hard today as the stats show, it was just the lack of finesse for me to complete the moves with any appearance of calmness at all, almost trying too hard which I've seen too often. Ref far too hapy to pull his cards out as well.

Killie were mince but somehow converted both of their chances and their keeper kept them in it at times.

I feel the team will give better accounts of themselves away from home, not sure why that is really, are the home fans just too quick to get on their case and they can't handle it? 

Changing the manager? Risky move and never guaranteed to do anything positive.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(03-11-2017, 09:59 PM)mike horne Wrote: Promises Promises !!!!!
Unfortunately County have become a club that now depend on  tax write offs,from the parent company,that is being used to finance the running of a club,I feel very strongly about the re naming of Victoria Park.  Ross County has been prostituted by the re naming of its ground,for the benefit of the Global Energy Group.i feel that a large ego trip operation has been a total success for the perpetrators,and that most of the Scottish Sports media has swallowed it hook line and sinker

Wake up and check your statement ?

We were the better team yesterday against the worst team to play at Victoria Park this season. We got mugged by a centre forward who's weight took him to ground, miskicked the ball and somehow managed to score past our keeper. Mind you a draw was hardly any use at home really. Think Chow stood out as one of the poorer performers. Think the score was 0-0 when the much maligned Woods came off.
Fact is we will be lucky to stay up. Perfect day for football, drum banging like mental, kids having a field day, poor football.
The naughty step boys are now playing at a higher level(league position wise) and that has to be considered.
We may well go down and JM's days are numbered. Every manager is a gamble. It's after you sign them that you really get to know what they're about as a person and a football manager.
We will move on in the championship with a new manager where we can't speak about top 6 nonesense.

When news broke that Davies and Fox were out I had my head in my hands.
Apparently Davies, Quinn and McEveley have been struggling all season and getting injections etc.

So we play a half-fit Quinn. Do we have nobody in the Dev squad that could have stepped up?

It was the same old story, lose a goal, equalise and look like we might go on and win it, and then kill ourselves with a soft stupid late gift of a goal. The subs again were baffling, where was Dow playing?

Another game, another defeat.
When the winner was conceded I lost count at the number of people who left, many looked at me and shook their heads.

I wont be at the game in Inverness next week. I wont spend good money to watch the same old stuff week in week out. I like many have backed the side over the years through good times and bad but for me a line has to be drawn somewhere and even though its a derby, and an important one at that, I am going to vote with my feet to show my unhappiness with the current situation.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

I'll add something positive - hospitality was great yesterday, first time I've been in about a year. Sugar on top form and excellent service from the girls.

(03-12-2017, 11:25 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: We were the better team yesterday against the worst team to play at Victoria Park this season. We got mugged by a centre forward who's weight took him to ground, miskicked the ball and somehow managed to score past our keeper. Mind you a draw was hardly any use at home really. Think Chow stood out as one of the poorer performers. Think the score was 0-0 when the much maligned Woods came off.
Fact is  we will be lucky to stay up. Perfect day for football, drum banging like mental, kids having a field day, poor football.
The naughty step boys are now playing at a higher level(league position wise) and that has to be considered.
We may well go down and JM's days are numbered. Every manager is a gamble. It's after you sign them that you really get to know what they're about as a person and a football manager.
We will move on in the championship with a new manager where we can't speak about top 6 nonesense.
So let me get thus right !! You say we were the better team yesterday !! Then you say against the worst   team to play at (Global eneregy stadium )  joking Victoria park  this season , the further  you say poor football, in other words county stil,P---h  then  did you notice the centre back in Killie team that should have been in county team ,go back three weeks another player in st Johnstone team that shoukd have been in county team ,Macintyre should  been outed then

(03-12-2017, 12:11 PM)Ed Wrote: Another game, another defeat.
When the winner was conceded I lost count at the number of people who left, many looked at me and shook their heads.

I wont be at the game in Inverness next week. I wont spend good money to watch the same old stuff week in week out. I like many have backed the side over the years through good times and bad but for me a line has to be drawn somewhere and even though its a derby, and an important one at that, I am going to vote with my feet to show my unhappiness with the current situation.

It's your money, and yes your choice.
But we need as many supporters as possible there next week and every week to back the team.

If there are as many folk as we think unhappy with the manager, I suggest they write to the club and do I professionally.
Buff, is your letter on it's way?

Personally I would never desert the club, never give up hope and until the very last ball is kicked.
As much as I was very let down yesterday, I sat there until the final whistle , hoping that ball would end up in the Killie net.
Worth noting the "great"? Celtic support were leaving in droves after Rangers equalised.
Poor show from them.

(03-12-2017, 03:53 PM)What Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: It's your money, and yes your choice.
But we need as many supporters as possible there next week and every week to back the team.

If there are as many folk as we think unhappy with the manager, I suggest they write to the club and do I professionally.
Buff, is your letter on it's way?

Personally I would never desert the club, never give up hope and until the very last ball is kicked.
As much as I was very let down yesterday, I sat there until the final whistle , hoping that ball would end up in the Killie net.
Worth noting the "great"? Celtic support were leaving in droves after Rangers equalised.
Poor show from them.

What are you trying to blabber  gee whus there's more mince than in a Harry gow  pie  nit hard to beat 
As for letter I'm in media I write direct ,I write Ross County yes ,sent Roy an old Connie Francus record 
!! Who's sorry now ,?Whose sorry now 
Who's heart ???‍♂️????Is aching fir breaking each vow lol   Watch out the oeoplecwith straight jacket looking fir you. Ha ha. Celtic looked like they were folding a bit    Old Kenny kept them on their toes

(03-12-2017, 06:40 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: What are you trying to blabber  gee whus there's more mince than in a Harry gow  pie  nit hard to beat 
As for letter I'm in media I write direct ,I write Ross County yes ,sent Roy an old Connie Francus record 
!! Who's sorry now ,?Whose sorry now 
Who's heart ???‍♂️????Is aching fir breaking each vow lol   Watch out the oeoplecwith straight jacket looking fir you. Ha ha. Celtic looked like they were folding a bit    Old Kenny kept them on their toes

No offence but I have no idea what you are talking about (in this and many other posts)......

(03-12-2017, 07:33 PM)ELincognito Wrote: No offence but I have no idea what you are talking about (in this and many other posts)......

Ha ha delighted with your reply you have now proved to me you have no knowledge of beautiful,game and you are humerless  no offence mate, I don't take offence lol

(03-12-2017, 11:25 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: We were the better team yesterday against the worst team to play at Victoria Park this season. We got mugged by a centre forward who's weight took him to ground, miskicked the ball and somehow managed to score past our keeper. Mind you a draw was hardly any use at home really. Think Chow stood out as one of the poorer performers. Think the score was 0-0 when the much maligned Woods came off.
Fact is  we will be lucky to stay up. Perfect day for football, drum banging like mental, kids having a field day, poor football.

unfortunately, the weighty one has scored a few goals against us, the last game at Rugby park, Quinn gave him a ten yard start and still got outrun. obviously the County technical team don't see him as a threat. 200 + goals, not bad for a fat bloke

(03-12-2017, 08:13 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Ha ha delighted with your reply you have now proved to me you have no knowledge of beautiful,game and you are humerless  no offence mate, I don't take offence lol

Oh, and you do?

(03-11-2017, 09:22 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: (I'd love to know our win percentage at home with a back three)

As far as I can remember:

0-3 vs ICT
0-1 vs St Johnstone
1-3 vs Dundee
1-2 vs Kilmarnock