Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Killie 11/3/17
Exclamation 
This could be a great opportunity to make progress away from the bottom end of the table, given the other fixtures.
Would also be a boost before our visit to Inverness on 18th.

Abdn v M'well
Hearts v Hamilton
Patrick T v ICT
St J v Dundee
(Celtic v Sevco on Sunday)

Any kind of a win please County.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

Looks like Killie were unlucky to lose all 3 to Motherwell Today. The bottom relegation race is really starting to heat up.

Biggest game of the season.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Well the way the league is going, two bad results and we could be bottom.

(03-04-2017, 09:22 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Well the way the league is going, two bad results and we could be bottom.

Or two good results and we could be top 6........ I prefer my outlook  Angel

(03-05-2017, 12:35 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Or two good results and we could be top 6........ I prefer my outlook  Angel

Prefer this outlook.
Let's get out in numbers and back the County.
And thanks Les Weststander for starting the thread, early to drum up interest/support.

(03-04-2017, 08:04 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Looks like Killie were unlucky to lose all 3 to Motherwell Today.  The bottom relegation race is really starting to heat up.

At last a real opportunity to move up. For al our failures We are a better team than Kilmarnock,but our Tombola manager must pull the right numbers and cross his toes

(03-05-2017, 01:18 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: At last a real opportunity to move up. For al our failures We are a better team than Kilmarnock,but our Tombola manager must pull the right numbers and cross his toes

Buff!  Hello!
What time of night do you call this?
Are you still in the Ross Memorial?
Lights out, Wi-Fi off , here comes the Matron.
Hope you fit for Thursday.

(03-05-2017, 12:35 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Or two good results and we could be top 6........ I prefer my outlook  Angel

Well we have been doing that all season and look where that go us.

Need to concentrate on getting points of the teams around us, as well as everyone else!!!

(03-05-2017, 01:27 AM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Buff!  Hello!
What time of night do you call this?
Are you still in the Ross Memorial?
Lights out, Wi-Fi off , here comes the Matron.
Hope you fit for Thursday.

My light shine the in the dark lol 
No matrons in hospitals now ---- but like county onmanager theme 
Never saw a wifi they in different ward 
No want to take fit  but fit lik are you all 
We better team than Killie 
Don't eat all the pies

(03-05-2017, 10:12 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: My light shine the in the dark lol 
No matrons in hospitals now ---- but like county onmanager theme 
Never saw a wifi they in different ward 
No want to take fit  but fit lik are you all 
We better team than Killie 
Don't eat all the pies

A request.   Does anyone know what happened to Aplcross staggie  initials C M  nit at liberty to say name ,but he was good poster something happened ,he was nice guy sincere ,check back on his posts 
Never a bad word to any memember

If we have any realistic aspirations of being top 6 think we need ICT to get at least a draw at Firhill.

This is certainly a game we can get something from. I liked the way our manager lined us up against Hearts and the views expressed by the Staggies in attendance support this.

Fox
Fraser Davies McEveley 
Chow
Naismith Woods Gardyne 
Boyce Curran
Schalk 

If Jay is injured Kenny to play left side, also possible to play Routis instead of Woods or the impressive Lalkovic or O'Brien instead of Midge.

Imo Killie are going to sit in, pack the midfield to frustrate us and hit us on the break. I think that back three with Chow sitting in front of them can deal with that.  Our job is to try and break down a tight defence with that young celtic loan Aker (sp?) looking very impressive. Getting Boyce on the ball as often as we can is a must, which is why I like him in this slightly deeper (no.10) role as Craig Curren can cause opposition defenders no end of grief and hopefully wee Alex has found his shooting boots.

As fans we HAVE to be patient, it's the 3points that matter. If it takes an og in the 93rd minute it's a good result. Killie will want and love it if we start shouting abuse and booing our team of at ht, we NEED to support our team and hopefully we all will.

(03-05-2017, 02:30 PM)frankthetank Wrote: This is certainly a game we can get something from. I liked the way our manager lined us up against Hearts and the views expressed by the Staggies in attendance support this.

Fox
Fraser Davies McEveley 
Chow
Naismith Woods Gardyne 
Boyce Curran
Schalk 

If Jay is injured Kenny to play left side, also possible to play Routis instead of Woods or the impressive Lalkovic or O'Brien instead of Midge.

Imo Killie are going to sit in, pack the midfield to frustrate us and hit us on the break. I think that back three with Chow sitting in front of them can deal with that.  Our job is to try and break down a tight defence with that young celtic loan Aker (sp?) looking very impressive. Getting Boyce on the ball as often as we can is a must, which is why I like him in this slightly deeper (no.10) role as Craig Curren can cause opposition defenders no end of grief and hopefully wee Alex has found his shooting boots.

As fans we HAVE to be patient, it's the 3points that matter. If it takes an og in the 93rd minute it's a good result. Killie will want and love it if we start shouting abuse and booing our team of at ht, we NEED to support our team and hopefully we all will.
Play Routis we've not  lost when he plays and is not subbed

Routis had been injured RSB, hopefully back soon.

RSB you will remember Hercher.
We were sat opposite him on boogie train home from Inverness last night.
I don't think he appreciated our banter  Big Grin

(03-05-2017, 11:51 AM)Strathglass Wrote: If we have any realistic aspirations of being top 6 think we need ICT to get at least a draw at Firhill.

Don't be surprised if Caley beat them!

And to Stuarts post!
Alan Hercher, ex Caley, ex County, played for both teams.

The three points we won against Hearts mean nothing if we can't get points from our next few games. These are the games we now need to win. Not only earn ourselves points, but preventing other teams from getting points is equally as important now.

I know a lot of people who've been staying away from games for one reason or another, but we really need to get back to the ground and get behind the team,

As for team selection, I'd go with a similar formation that we played against Hearts (Injuries permitting)

The back 3/5 looked solid for long spells of the games, and I know people might say we're the home team, need to attack etc.
We'll only start to win games if we stop leaking goals, so the priority is to defend, and then let the forwards work their magic up front.

Despite it being a back 5 for long spells in the game, it is probably the most chances we've created in a game for a while.
So for me I'd go that same formation again.

(03-06-2017, 02:08 PM)thejailender Wrote: The three points we won against Hearts mean nothing if we can't get points from our next few games.  These are the games we now need to win. Not only earn ourselves points, but preventing other teams from getting points is equally as important now.

I know a lot of people who've been staying away from games for one reason or another, but we really need to get back to the ground and get behind the team,

As for team selection, I'd go with a similar formation that we played against Hearts (Injuries permitting)

The back 3/5 looked solid for long spells of the games, and I know people might say we're the home team, need to attack etc.  
We'll only start to win games if we stop leaking goals, so the priority is to defend, and then let the forwards work their magic up front.

Despite it being a back 5 for long spells in the game, it is probably the most chances we've created in a game for a while.

I know a lot of people who've been staying away from games for one reason or another, but we really need to get back to the ground and get behind the team.

COULD NOT AGREE MORE!
Your County needs you!

(03-06-2017, 02:08 PM)thejailender Wrote: The three points we won against Hearts mean nothing if we can't get points from our next few games.  These are the games we now need to win. Not only earn ourselves points, but preventing other teams from getting points is equally as important now.

I 100% agree with you

(03-05-2017, 09:00 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Routis had been injured RSB, hopefully back soon.

RSB you will remember Hercher.
We were sat opposite him on boogie train home from Inverness last night.
I don't think he appreciated our banter  Big Grin

I lemember the Herch very well  nice guy , started in Amateur league with Beauly  went onto  to play for Caley

(03-06-2017, 07:13 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I 100% agree with you

Hearts at this point if time are absolute rubbish ,with a puppet manager Poor guy took job but it Levien who brought players

MacIntyre in the press today urging us to get behind the team as we press for another top six finish.

Also in the article County look for their first Home League win of 2017.

Could someone have a word with them, The team need to give us something to shout about and please can we admit we are in a relegation dog fight not a nice easy run into the top six.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67