Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hearts @ Tynecastle - Wed 1st March
Hamilton play Aberdeen on Tuesday. ICT play Celtic on Wednesday. Motherwell are away to Kilmarnock on Saturday.

I'd put this one in the "Must Not Lose" category. Who knows how the team will line-up on Wednesday night: names and formation out of a hat again is my guess.

Still, Tynecastle is an enjoyable away trip so there's the silver lining.

Yep as mentioned in another thread, the next three are huge. Hearts looked rotten against Hibs last week, and not much better this weekend. Of course they will put in a performance similar to that they did against Sevco.

Another days holiday being used for this, what a mug.

Think this should be called the Boo Derby. Hearts fans are probably the only fans at the moment who hate their management as much as us.
As for the game itself, after their recent results we have to get something from this. The fact we are only one decent result for ICT & Accies off bottom should be all the motivation that the team need. If they do get results somehow then it's panic stations.
Hope Boyce actually gets played up front and not sitting deep so he can get back to scoring. A change in the middle is also needed. Anyone know what the Routis situation is? Need him back.
I'd take a point, think we need it, but not holding my breath

So the 'laptop' versus the 'Tombola' which will come out on top? With the players Hearts have I believe they should be in 3rd place and we wouldn't get a look in, however, they have been pretty erratic recently and I think their recent win's over Sevco and Motherwell don't mean that much after the latter two's recent implosions.
I think 1 point is very achievable and could be the spring board we need to pick up more points over the next few weeks, but Jim and Billy need to sort out the midfield, where is the Woods of the league cup final fame? play Gobern in his place but If they insist on sticking with Woods tell him to try shooting when he gets a bit of space instead of looking for a killer pass that never seems to come off and failing that get Ketts signed up and get some steel back into the midfield!!

Big game this. You don't know what to expect with Hearts. Same with us actually. Never know if we will win lose or draw.

Tynecastle is not a place where we've enjoyed much success but we really need to grind out a draw And even that might not halt the slide down the table. Saturday's formation seemed to be fairly effective from the reports I've read so might see that again tomorrow night. Hearts have been indifferent under Cathro but they still have a shot at Europe to make up for the cup defeat by Hibs so will see this a good opportunity to get back on track. Here's hoping for 1-1.
Hear Me Roar!

So, only goal difference is keeping us out of the playoff place now. Has this become a must-win or must-not-lose now? We desperately need something tomorrow.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(02-28-2017, 10:38 PM)Spain Wrote: So, only goal difference is keeping us out of the playoff place now. Has this become a must-win or must-not-lose now? We desperately need something tomorrow.

Wow Hamilton 1 Aberdeen 0 squeaky bum time. But hearts  there for the taking , we need wins now

Was listening to the Accies game. Can't believe Aberdeen didn't score. Anyway they didn't, so we definitely need at least a draw tonight.

It depends which Hearts turns up for the game. The way things are going for us at the moment it'll be a great performance from them. We'll probably just be the usual ...

If it wasn't before, the Caley game has now become HUGE, so we have to take something from Hearts and Killie before then.

Cathro is going to be looking for a reaction from his Hearts team, we have to keep them out for at least 20/30 minutes and hope the home fans get restless.

Tonight and the next two are real cup finals.

Every game is now a cup final. We are in the mire. Can't believe some people are denying it. I reckon this could be last chance saloon for our management. Anyway will be there cheering County on.

Whilst Hearts haven't been playing well lately, and the teams around us are taking points off teams in the top half, I don't think a win tonight is the be all and end all. For me, the performance is more important.

Obviously, I'll be delighted to win playing badly, but a spirited, competent performance coupled with a draw or defeat would still be acceptable. It'd give a sign that we're making progress and can build on that for the far more important game against Kilmarnock next week.

We wouldn't be expected to beat Aberdeen or Hearts away even at the best of times, so it would be a bit naïve to be demanding a win today. It won't be this game that determines our survival (or not, as the case may be).

I'd like to see Boyce starting up front, be it by himself or with a partner. I understand why he's been played elsewhere recently, but the simple fact is he can score goals. I'd go with a three man midfield and two wingers getting forward to support Boyce on the counter. A 4-5-1 / 4-3-3, if you will.

We need at least a point from tonight. Cue one up front, all on his own, with no support. balls pumped up to him, and being the shortest bloke on the pitch unlikely to actually get his head to it (not your fault Alex), and if he does, no support, 'cos the've all been told to stay tight at the back. until of course the Keystone Kops (only older readers will get that reference) defending puts us one down, then attack attack attack, leaving us open to more goals against.

Tactically where are we....all over the place maybe?

Hopefully I am totally wrong and we get a win. It has happened in the past.

(03-01-2017, 12:16 PM)cdam Wrote: We need at least a point from tonight.  Cue one up front, all on his own, with no support.  balls pumped up to him, and being the shortest bloke on the pitch unlikely to actually get his head to it (not your fault Alex), and if he does, no support, 'cos the've all been told to stay tight at the back.  until of course the Keystone Kops (only older readers will get that reference) defending puts us one down, then attack attack attack, leaving us open to more goals against.

Tactically where are we....all over the place maybe?

Hopefully I am totally wrong and we get a win.  It has happened in the past.

Are you referring to you getting it wrong or us actually winning ? Big Grin

(03-01-2017, 01:06 PM)It Wrote: Are you referring to you getting it wrong or us actually winning ? Big Grin

If we were given points for getting it wrong this season Celtic would be worried....

(03-01-2017, 12:00 PM)Forfinn Wrote: We wouldn't be expected to beat Aberdeen or Hearts away even at the best of times, so it would be a bit naïve to be demanding a win today.  It won't be this game that determines our survival (or not, as the case may be).

This is exactly the problem when you don't pick up points against the teams you should be picking up points against, the pressure then DOES come on to get points from these games.

Probably get shot down in flames for this post. Would love to be proved wrong, but I see us getting nothing tonight. I've totally lost confidenence in JM&BD. IMO we're the worst side in the SPL. Some good players, but we're not a team.Said it before, ( not going to say it again) management have to go - hopefully tonight.

(03-01-2017, 07:55 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Probably get shot down in flames for this post. Would love to be proved wrong, but I see us getting nothing tonight. I've totally lost confidenence in JM&BD. IMO  we're the worst side in the SPL.  Some good players, but we're not a team.Said it before, ( not going to say it again) management have to go - hopefully tonight.

It's a no brainer. We will get absolutely nothing tonight. Whether it's 1-0 or 6-0 it's the same end result. Wishful thinking otherwise. Our home form will relegate us. If we can't beat a Motherwell team at home who have just sacked their manager because they are that bad then we'll get what we deserve!

Lineup: Fox, Fraser, Naismith, Davies, McEveley, Van der Weg Woods, Chow, Curran, Schalk, Boyce

Substitutes: McCarey, O'Brien, Gardyne, Dow, Tumilty, Lalkovic, Dykes.

Another edition of the Tactical Tombola it appears. Anyone have any idea what we're looking at here? Unless we're playing a back 3 of Davies, McEveley & Fraser, with Naismith & Kenny as wingbacks then someone is massively out of position again.

Worth pointing out we have 4 wingers on the bench, and not one in the starting XI.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

It could be several formations. I have no clue to be honest. I don't think this is a good sign. Hope I am wrong. Please, let me be wrong.....