Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Scottish Cup 5th Round
So Aberdeen at home for the next round.  Should be a cracking game given our last home game vs Aberdeen and the new signings.

If County are going to win the cup, it's going to be a hard slog. Oh for a non league side at home once in a while..

Home draw is all you can ask for. Got that so happy.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Home draw is what you always want with the bonus of a lesser team. On this occasion it is a tough cup tie against the Dons who themselves will have preferred not to be coming to Dingwall. We beat them with 10 men last month so lots to be positive about. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

If we can keep building the momentum meanwhile, we'll have a decent chance to get past Aberdeen.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Given what I saw of O'Brien and Lalkovic and how the team played on Saturday I don't think we should fear Aberdeen.

(01-22-2017, 09:50 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Given what I saw of O'Brien and Lalkovic and how the team played on Saturday I don't think we should fear Aberdeen.

Throw Burke and Gardyne into the mix too and we've got a right good team.

Should be a cracker, with a full house!

A winnable, but also loseable tie. Tough one.

Will this game be televised? Obviously Sevco's will be shown by Sky and if Hearts see off Raith you'd imagine their game with Hibs would be shown live and then there's the prospect of Thistle upsetting Celtic in the cup again, but I think our game should also be in contention for being live.

(01-23-2017, 05:30 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Will this game be televised? Obviously Sevco's will be shown by Sky and if Hearts see off Raith you'd imagine their game with Hibs would be shown live and then there's the prospect of Thistle upsetting Celtic in the cup again, but I think our game should also be in contention for being live.

Don't forget Celtic and Rangers now to get to games before the rest. From what I hear Sky get a pick and then BBC, one each and then they toss for the Edinburgh derby...

Huge draw. Be a good game and expect a bumper crowd.

Hopefully not on TV so Saturday at 3pm.

See Christie has signed on loan from Celtic.
Presumably eligible for this match - think he was unused sub v Albion Rovers.

Anyone seen his previous tweet about Aberdeen? Ha ha.

In the least surprising news of the week, the Celtic, Rangers and Edinburgh derby games have been confirmed for TV coverage so we're definitely going ahead at 3pm on Sat 11 Feb.

Hopefully this game generates a big interest from the home fans, as it will from the away fans - Aberdeen fans travel in good numbers for cup games and I expect them to fill the away end.

(01-27-2017, 02:05 PM)thejailender Wrote: Hopefully this game generates a big interest from the home fans, as it will from the away fans - Aberdeen fans travel in good numbers for cup games and I expect them to fill the away end.

Staggies v Eberdoom Sunday  12 noon

(01-27-2017, 03:43 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Staggies v Eberdoom Sunday  12 noon

Forfinn, SFA & BBC websites say Saturday 11th Feb 3pm. 

Outvoted, Buff.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(01-27-2017, 03:43 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Staggies v Eberdoom Sunday  12 noon

Buff
I hope you are supporting Derby tonight?