Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
Scott Boyd
(03-12-2017, 04:25 PM)Rocco Wrote: Is this a statistical fact? Interesting if so, severely misleading if it just an opinion presented as fact.

Yer briwn bin is full Rocco lol

County's win ratio was much improved when Boydy was used in a zonal marking defence in midweek games under floodlights.

(03-12-2017, 03:25 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Anyone who knows me knows I'm  happy happy ready to wind up and get the craic. You seem the bitter type after all if more of you had clocked on you would be like me right now. Proved correct on all,points 
But now you are too late ,I've watched your analysis of games and just smiled as quite rightly it was your opinion how you read it. By  the way come and tell us all about Macintyre. Was he right to  Push Scott Boyd out the door on s personal whim ,was he right to transference Ritchie foster to st Johnstone. Was he right to strengthen them teams  ooos sorry you have already admitted old buff was right

Huh 

Buffy mun, I think you're confusing me with another poster.  I rarely post analysis of games, have had issues with Boyd's treatment throughout, and was raging at Foster being given to St J for free.   As most were, you weren't the only one to make those points, we were all correct.

(03-13-2017, 11:48 AM)Ostaggie1746 Wrote: Huh 

Buffy mun, I think you're confusing me with another poster.  I rarely post analysis of games, have had issues with Boyd's treatment throughout, and was raging at Foster being given to St J for free.   As most were, you weren't the only one to make those points, we were all correct.

Oh well that okay then !! Nice that we are all,correct. Good on you ma man  chin up keep smiling  see you at Boydys. Tesimonial

We were unfortunate not to take something away from Rugby Park and, on another day, could have taken all three points.

However, the fact that we came away empty handed now means it is imperative that we take something from the Dump on Saturday. Given our four point advantage over them, it's probably not must win but it's certainly must not lose.

Unfortunately I can't  make Scott's testimonial but will be there in spirit. Like many fans I'm pretty disgusted by how he has been treated by the club/current management who clearly have no respect for what he has given to the club over his 10 years and no appreciation of the significance of a testimonial year. The fans do though Scott, and you will always be remembered as a true Staggie legend! All the best and thanks for the memories!

(03-14-2017, 04:07 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: We were unfortunate not to take something away from Rugby Park and, on another day, could have taken all three points.

However, the fact that we came away empty handed now means it is imperative that we take something from the Dump on Saturday. Given our four point advantage over them, it's probably not must win but it's certainly must not lose.

Victoria Park.

Don't forget the race night in the National the night before.
Lawson, Vigurs, Midge, Brittain, Ketts and Fergie all attending should be great craic.

(03-14-2017, 08:13 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Victoria Park.

Tombola jim has everybody confused

(03-14-2017, 04:07 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: We were unfortunate not to take something away from Rugby Park and, on another day, could have taken all three points.

Just like the team nit sure where they are confusion reigns

No game next weekend so lets all get along to this!
Testimonial games are fairly scarce these days. Hope there is a decent turnout for Boydy.

[Image: C61EKS2WwAA56jc.jpg]

They should open the North Stand for this game, give County fans the option of a new viewing experience

(03-19-2017, 02:04 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: They should open the North Stand for this game, give County fans the option of a new viewing experience

I was hoping it would be full with Celtic supporters.
Had to say how many Celtic supporters will turn up to see their former heroes.

It's unallocated seating, no home support no away support. Not sure if the away stands will be open but it'll be a case of sit where you want otherwise. I don't know if it's been confirmed yet or not but I also believe the bars will remain open throughout seeing as it's not an official game. Looking forward to being able to have a pint in the stands!
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(03-19-2017, 03:30 PM)Spain Wrote: It's unallocated seating, no home support no away support. Not sure if the away stands will be open but it'll be a case of sit where you want otherwise. I don't know if it's been confirmed yet or not but I also believe the bars will remain open throughout seeing as it's not an official game. Looking forward to being able to have a pint in the stands!

Good family day out today

Maybe I missed it on the thread. If so, apologies, but I assume we can buy tickets at the ground on the day?

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport...032017.htm

Andrew Barrowman - 'Boyd winner set us up for THAT triumph over Celtic'
Written byPaul Chalk
[Image: 03735200%20-%20250x202.jpg]

ANDREW Barrowman is delighted that Ross County fans remember the Scott Boyd goal in 2010 which shot the team into THAT Scottish Cup showdown with Celtic.
The former Staggies, Caley Thistle and Dunfermline Athletic hitman (32) will pull on his boots once more to take part in Boyd’s testimonial match against Celtic’s legends and guests at the Global Energy Stadium on Sunday for a 12.30pm start.
Barrowman, who has recently kicked off a new career as Scottish brand manager for sportswear firm Joma, will join many former ex-County stars, who soared all the way to Scottish Cup final seven years ago where they lost 3-0 to Dundee United.
In the semi-final, goals from Steven Craig and Martin "Jimmy" Scott downed Neil Lennon’s Celtic 2-0 to set up that showpiece occasion back at the National Stadium for the then Division One side.
However, Boyd, who joined Kilmarnock on January, knocked home the goal in the 2-1 win against Hibs in Dingwall to send the side to Hampden.
Barrowman said: "The Celtic game grabbed the headlines, but it was Scott’s goal in the replay that took us there. We actually should have won at Easter Road when we were the better side, but Hibs snuck a 2-2 draw and it was back up to Dingwall for the replay.
"I remember the goal. I had an attempt and there was a mighty goalmouth scramble and Scott finished it off to put us through. It was a great night – and the celebrations won’t be forgotten."
Former County skipper Richard Brittain, who is on the testimonial match committee, asked Barrowman is he’d join his line-up which will also include Craig, Scott, Steven Ferguson, Barry Wilson, Paul Lawson, Stuart Kettlewell, Grant Munro, Colin McMenamin, Alex Keddie, Paul Di Giacomo, Gordon Connolly and Tony Bullock.
He explained: "As soon as Richie called me, I didn’t have to think twice. Scott has always gone about his business in a professional manner. He is such a top guy on and off the pitch, a real family man, who people respect. The fact he is still playing in the Scottish Premiership shows he is doing something right.
"Dick Campbell signed us both in the same summer. I think I was in two weeks before him. All the players from that time stay in touch.
"We were always a close-knit group and many of us will go on holidays together at summer.
"It will be great to catch up with everyone. I am delighted that Scott is getting a day such as this – he deserves it."
Celtic’s legends and guests will be led by Joe Miller, with others pulling on the Hoops including Rab Douglas, Bobby Petta, Jackie McNamara, Simon Donnelly, Frank McAvennie, Rudi Vata, Jose Quitongo, Andy McLaren, Charlie Christie and Robbie Winters.
There is also a race night at the National Hotel, Dingwall, on Saturday where many former players will be mingling with supporters.
Tickets for this cost £20, but that will earn you £5 off the £15 match ticket where a half-time draw will offer plenty of prizes.
The outlets selling tickets for the game and the race night are: Spar (High Street, Dingwall), New Start (High Street, Dingwall), Pat Munro (Alness), Highnet (Inverness), Anderson Clark Motor Repairs (Inverness) and Dornoch Golf Club.
Cash and card payments can be taken at the turnstiles on Sunday or bought from scottboydtestimonial@gmail.com
For more details, also see the Scott Boyd Testimonial page on Facebook.

I do hope all the Boyd slagging gang and there are quite a few who whinged about him on here  when playing with county they only at times saw the last man to tackle opponent. Never saw how exposed he was and where the damage started, Scott was always a favourite of mine yes he had off days ,but he had more good days and Roy and Ross county  don't come out of this good,imagine instead of allowing a cretin for his own self interest to banish a legend ,what a youth coach Scott would have been ,!! The longest serving player in British football a model for county youth to look up to ,loyal and true .
We have lost something Ross County could  have been proud of !! History !! Killed by a dud 
That goal alone brought big bucks to us ,which the present regime are tossing away

Don't be so negative Buff,it's a celebration of Scott's loyalty and achievements for us. It has nothing to do with who did what why and where to him.

(03-24-2017, 08:40 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Don't be so negative Buff,it's a celebration of Scott's loyalty  and achievements for us. It has nothing to do with who did what why and where to him.

Seconded, good point well made Davie  Rolleyes

(03-23-2017, 11:13 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I do hope all the Boyd slagging gang and there are quite a few who whinged about him on here  when playing with county they only at times saw the last man to tackle opponent. Never saw how exposed he was and where the damage started, Scott was always a favourite of mine yes he had off days ,but he had more good days and Roy and Ross county  don't come out of this good,imagine instead of allowing a cretin for his own self interest to banish a legend ,what a youth coach Scott would have been ,!! The longest serving player in British football a model for county youth to look up to ,loyal and true .
We have lost something Ross County could  have been proud of !! History !! Killed by a dud 
That goal alone brought big bucks to us ,which the present regime are tossing away

I will be there on Sunday to show my appreciation for what Scott Boyd did for us as a player. I agree buff he is a legend who saw it all in our most successful period. The history is still there however, and there comes a time for players, managers and the likes to move on. 

Also to note Boyd was not the longest serving player in British football far from it.