Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
Scott Boyd
Our own Scott Boyd took to Facebook to say that his dimmer for his testimonial year would be his last event I think that it is a disgrace that a player that has done so much for our club dosent get a testimonial game

Seen this too. What is going on, anyone got any insight. Reading between the lines it does not look great.

(01-08-2017, 11:32 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Seen this too.  What is going on, anyone got any insight.  Reading between the lines it does not look great.

If this is true,the friendly community club image is going to be blown away,what is going on?
In a day when players last only about 3 years on average at a club(before you start throwing stats,that is a guess),Boydy should be rewarded with a testimonial. Some people cannot afford to go to a dinner but would readily pay  £15 + to go to a testimonial to honour a legend.

I'm not sure if it is the Clubs responsibility to organise a testimonial. I'm sure they can help to make it happen, but not sure they are culpable for its inexecution.

My understanding was that for a testimonial, the club provides the use of the stadium, but the actual match etc is organised by a "testimonial committee" rather than officially by the club. Not sure if that is always the case, or what is going on in this particular situation.

I can't imagine why the testimonial game couldn't be organised by the committee. I don't even know who is on that committee, but it's a bit of a poor show. I definitely think the fans would turn out in enough numbers to make it worthwhile for Scott.

Would Plymouth Argyle travel?

I guess it is a shame that Boyd won't get an actual match as part of his testimonial year (as alluded to by others, it's not RCFC's responsibility to organise this, but his testimonial committee) , and the terms of his loan deal forbid him from playing v us for Killie
Those of you wishing to give him a send-off might want to consider jumping in the away end at the dump on April Fool's Day (assuming you're not travelling down to see us face The Jolly Jags of Maryhill)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Need to remember Boyd is not fondly looked at by JM. A lot of problems before he left.

(01-09-2017, 03:31 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Need to remember Boyd is not fondly looked at by JM. A lot of problems before he left.

A testimonial match/dinner/golf outing etc has nothing to do with the manager or the club.  A testimonial is arranged by people outside of the club, for tax reasons.  It has to be independent.  So if he is not having a match either no one is arranging it or he does not want one.  Even if the club had said you are not getting our ground the testimonial committee would find a ground somewhere e.g. Clach park

I didn't mention it at the time but I was gobsmacked that from the current playing squad only Fox and Midge attended his testimonial dinner at the Drumossie. I think it was international weekend so fair enough some of the players might have had other arrangements to go home or whatever, but I would have thought the management would have been there. Although maybe they weren't invited!

Not sure what has happened with his testimonial game, I thought plans were afoot, real shame if it falls through.

My kids have asked me a few times about his testimonial game and i assumed that one would be announced sometime soon, it will be a real shame if we can't get to say goodbye to a player who was a great servant to our club.
He never threw his toys out of the pram if he was replaced by someone else and if called upon he'd slot back into the team as if he was never away.
At a time when players move from club to club at the drop of a hat he should have his moment so we can all say thank you for his contribution to Ross County's most successful period.

(01-09-2017, 09:57 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I'm not sure if it is the Clubs responsibility to organise a testimonial.  I'm sure they can help to make it happen, but not sure they are culpable for its inexecution.

No excuses they can make it happen the player chooses club he'd like then the do the rest ,
 ( not sure they are culpable for it not happening ) of course they are, it's there club their ground their preogitive to see it happen.  Players are given testimonials  they do not or should not have to beg 
10'years service,         !!  Macintyre tried had to get him to transfere to Kilmarnock thus  no 10 years .
 As a Highlander I'm embarrassed  no integrity , check it out where were directors at Scott's dinner.  
11 march !! ginger pele day !! We will be prepared ginger wigs  all songs and chants ,Scott Boyd will know true highland hospitality ,the guy is a legend. An honest decent human being ,who never passed anyone on the street , and I just know jake you join in

(01-09-2017, 03:58 PM)Boff Wrote: A testimonial match/dinner/golf outing etc has nothing to do with the manager or the club.  A testimonial is arranged by people outside of the club, for tax reasons.  It has to be independent.  So if he is not having a match either no one is arranging it or he does not want one.  Even if the club had said you are not getting our ground the testimonial committee would find a ground somewhere e.g. Clach park

No player names the club he wants ,then tye club he plays for either grants him testimonial  players are given testimonials  not having to ask for them 
Why is the board of Ross County. Not making a statement to Scott Boyds credit he only says nice things and thanks for the memories , where were directors at his dinner pray tell

I believe the testimonial committee were looking at getting a game in around the international break at the end of March, which perhaps explains why there's no game
No club is going to be willing to commit to sending a competitive team (i.e. one which enough people will pay to watch to make it worthwhile, bearing in mind said team would want their travel expenses covered too) up north at such a crucial stage of the season (3 weeks before the Premiership split). If you were in McIntyre's shoes, would you be willing to risk playing a full-strength side in a glorified friendly at that time of the season?
Testimonial games these days tend to take place during pre-season, when they can just be bolted on to teams' existing preparations- unfortunately, given that we were playing competitive football on July 16th this season, there wasn't really time to get a game in this summer
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

(01-10-2017, 01:22 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: I believe the testimonial committee were looking at getting a game in around the international break at the end of March, which perhaps explains why there's no game
No club is going to be willing to commit to sending a competitive team (i.e. one which enough people will pay to watch to make it worthwhile, bearing in mind said team would want their travel expenses covered too) up north at such a crucial stage of the season (3 weeks before the Premiership split). If you were in McIntyre's shoes, would you be willing to risk playing a full-strength side in a glorified friendly at that time of the season?
Testimonial games these days tend to take place during pre-season, when they can just be bolted on to teams' existing preparations- unfortunately, given that we were playing competitive football on July 16th this season, there wasn't really time to get a game in this summer

Have one at the end of the season then  Huh

(01-10-2017, 02:01 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Have one at the end of the season then  Huh

We don't know when that's going to be, though, and nor do many potential opponents, what with cup finals and play-offs to factor in (plus many playing contracts will end on May 31)

I would like to see a legends game between Ross County and Caley. The majority of players will be retired and therefore the concerns you've raised wouldn't be a problem.

At the end of the day, if Boydee wanted a testimonial match there are ways to make it happen. It is possible that it's Boydee's decision not to have one. I've only met him a couple of times, and would bow to people's knowledge/opinion who know him better, but I don't think he's the type of person who wants any fuss. He always just got on with things and was IMO a really good bloke.

He is and always will be a County legend!!

(01-10-2017, 02:36 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I would like to see a legends game between Ross County and Caley. The majority of players will be retired and therefore the concerns you've raised wouldn't be a problem.

At the end of the day, if Boydee wanted a testimonial match there are ways to make it happen. It is possible that it's Boydee's decision not to have one. I've only met him a couple of times, and would bow to people's knowledge/opinion who know him better, but I don't think he's the type of person who wants any fuss. He always just got on with things and was IMO a really good bloke.

He is and always will be a County legend!!

That sounds pretty feasible, I'd be a lot more comfortable if he said that...  Undecided
Regardless, if the fan-planned activities come off I'm sure it'll mean a lot to him.

Who is on this testimonial committee surely someone from Ross County is on it. For someone like Scott Boyd who played his heart out and was a true fighter on the pitch surely OUR own fans who go every week should be allowed to wish OUR longest serving player a tribute at the home of our team. If someone on the testimonial committee explain why there is no game it might help us understand. Remember Scott Boyd is still a ROSS COUNTY player and when he is playing for Kilmarnock they play well. I PERSONALLY WOULD LOVE TO SEE SCOTT BACK IIN A COUNTY TEAM IF ONLY FOR A SINGLE GAME