Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Accies away 27/08/16
As with last weeks killie thread, again I couldn't see one started so thought I'd start it off.

Next up in a few days, Accies away, who's going to make it? I'll not be going i'm afraid but i'm sure a few of the central staggies will be noising it up. Again the forecast seems quite nice for the weekend so pre and post match beer gardens, t-shirts and sunglasses should be the order of the day for those in attendance Cool  

With Johnathan Franks being the only change to the starting XI last week, in in place of the departed Foster at right midfield.  I'd suggest keeping it the same again, 442.   Where I think Jim may have a dylema is with Schalk as he looked very sharp when he replaced a tiring Craig Curran against Killie but as we are away and I'm suggesting a pressing 442 (against what i'd expect to be a 4141 from Accies) I think Craig Curran is vital to that, as his work rate helps our midfield and causes the opposition defence no end of problems.  
The only worry I have is Franks, before I may have suggested a Foster or a Murdoch to play this wide right role as I saw them as offering more when we were without the ball but we're a little light in that department until new faces appear (I don't know if this new lad from Wigan, Chow is fit or where he plays), Franks played quite well last week so I'd start with him.

We had a pretty good record against Hamilton last season, we won twice in Dingwall with a 2-2 draw and a 1-3 victory down on our travels so we should be hoping for something, especially as Hamilton have lost 1-2 in their last two home matches against Morton (in the LC) and Dundee.

We have a very tough run of games coming up after the international break Motherwell, St J's and Celtic at home who all have good records up in Dingwall, and Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen away so all three or even just the one away point could be good going into this run of fixtures.

Hamilton are a very hard working team and although they're unfancied and dismissed by most I think they'll stay up comfortably this season.  A win and 3 points would be fantastic but I predict another score draw, 1-1 this time.

I am going we just need to keep the 4-4-2 and we should be fine

Making a weekend of it!! Going to Hamilton Races on Friday night then my first trip to the Accies' ground on Sat. So you might see begging for the admission price on Sat!!!!

Full bus for tomorrow !
AngelAngel

Really looking forward to this one - definitely winnable game - a nice we chant below to Fat Boy Slim's "Right here, right now.." for Mr Chow

Right here
Tim Chow
Right here
Tim Chow.....etc

:O)
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-26-2016, 01:29 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Really looking forward to this one - definitely winnable game - a nice we chant below to Fat Boy Slim's "Right here, right now.." for Mr Chow

Right here
Tim Chow
Right here
Tim Chow.....etc

Nice. Alternately 

Right foot
Tim Chow
Left foot
Tim Chow......etc.   Big Grin

(08-26-2016, 10:09 AM)StaggieNoName Wrote: Full bus for tomorrow !

2 seats left according to club Twitter page

(08-26-2016, 01:29 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Really looking forward to this one - definitely winnable game - a nice we chant below to Fat Boy Slim's "Right here, right now.." for Mr Chow

Right here
Tim Chow
Right here
Tim Chow.....etc

Love it Kenny

could go top if other results go our way.

Win tomorrow and we could be top of the table

Team have just been announced on the BBC website:

Hamilton Academical: Matthews, Devlin, Gillespie, Imrie, Docherty, D'Acol, Kurtaj, MacKinnon, Donati, Lyon, Sarris. Subs: Seaborne, Redmond, Roy, Bingham, Brophy, McMann, Woods.

Ross County: Fox, Davies, Curran, Woods, Franks, McEveley, Routis, Gardyne, Quinn, Cikos, Boyce. Subs: Van der Weg, Schalk, Chow, Dingwall, McShane, Morrison, McCarey.

Referee: Greg Aitken

No point beating about the bush, absolutely dreadful performance.
The first half must be amongst the worst 45 minutes of football I've ever watched, both teams rank.

2nd half Accies had us sussed, we resorted to punts and they picked us off.
Very disappointed, poor in every position.
We made Dougie Imrie look a good player FFS.

I imagine the #McIntyreOut crew will be on the prowl.

Stinking performance. It was like we stopped trying to play the way that's given us success and just reverted to hoying the ball forward and hoping Boyce and Curran can make something happen. Hamilton have been piss-poor all season and weren't much better today but we flattered them.

I thought we were fair in the first half against a poor Hamilton side. But in the second half we were atrocious - Hamilton stepped up a gear and we were not at the races in any way.

Wasn't at today's game, but reading the comments doesn't make good reading.
What I would like to ask is why is it we put on an ' atrocious' performance against a very average at best Hamilton side. Huge money has been dished out on this group of players - it really is not good enough, there is no excuse for it.

Can JM and BD produce a winning consistent side, can they??

Very poor result

(08-27-2016, 08:50 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Wasn't at today's game, but reading the comments doesn't make good reading.
What I would like to ask is why is it we put on an ' atrocious' performance against a very average at best Hamilton side. Huge money has been dished out on this group of players - it really is not good enough, there is no excuse for it.

Can JM and BD produce a  winning consistent side, can they??

You start by saying you weren't at the game and then claim Hamilton were "average at best" please explain how you came to that deduction for me?  Undecided 

And as your closing comment, how about, can Dortain come up with a coherent statement, well can he/she??

snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooze fest at best. need to better.

Yes we were very poor today and yes I was at the game today ....
How we go from the last 2 performances to today's is beyond me and probably Jim as well..
Hamilton weren't very good either and were there for the taking but they took there chances..
Midge had a great effort saved ( if it went in things would have been different ) they hoof the ball up and they score...
Fox could have done better IMO .....
Already reading on social media calling for the managers head ....jeeeesh......tedious

The bigger picture is that the start of last season we had 4 points ....we now have 6 points on the board,looks like a improvement to me ....