Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Liam Boyce to Oxford
Anything about this your end?

I sincerely hope that you are joking?

Havnt Oxford just signed Billy Mckay ?

Davies, Irvine and Boyce were the spine of our team last season. Surely we aren't about to lose all three? Big gamble by JMc if this transpires. Do we really need to sell three of our best players?

I'd be surprised considering Oxford are only League One and Boyce signed a decent extension in December. Would be a more expensive buy than Irvine I would have thought and he just went to the Championship.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(07-16-2016, 11:41 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Davies, Irvine and Boyce were the spine of our team last season. Surely we aren't about to lose all three?  Big gamble by JMc if this transpires. Do we really need to sell three of our best players?

We haven't sold Davies, Burton met Jackson's buy out clause price, we didn't want to sell and this is the 1st time anyone has mentioned Boyce leaving! I'm sure he has a similar contract to Jackson though.
Hopefully not going to happen.

So in answer to your question, no we don't need to sell three of our best players but might have to  Sad

(07-17-2016, 02:26 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: We haven't sold Davies, Burton met Jackson's buy out clause price, we didn't want to sell and this is the 1st time anyone has mentioned Boyce leaving! I'm sure he has a similar contract to Jackson though.
Hopefully not going to happen.

So in answer to your question, no we don't need to sell three of our best players but might have to  Sad

Exactly. And to add to this it will be out of Jim's hands. I'd imagine Boyce (and most of the rest of the squad) will also have a release clause of some sort.

(07-16-2016, 10:16 PM)oxfordunited Wrote: Anything about this your end?

Nothing that I've heard. What have you heard at your end,or is this a wind up? Could Oxford afford him?

(07-17-2016, 11:05 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Nothing that I've heard. What have you heard at your end,or is this a wind up? Could Oxford afford him?

Oxford received £3 million for Kemar Roofe last week.

I had a look in Oxford Utd forum no word of Liam Boyce in it they have just signed McGuire ex Aberdeen player.
Though they reckon they need an out and out goal scorer (but who doesn't)

The original poster hasn't been back on with any comments.

I reckon his IP address hails from just over the bridge and this rumour has as much substance as his club has history!!!

This isn't the most outlandish potential transfer we've seen mentioned on here.

Oxford have just been promoted to League 1 - the league which Will Grigg played last season and he beat Boyce in to the Northern Ireland squad for the Euros, so it wouldn't necessarily be a step back for him internationally.

Oxford are actively looking for a striker after bringing in more than £4m in player transfers recently - http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/146247...ing_squad/

Boyce scored 20 goals for us last season, despite being rubbish from January onwards. Had it not been for that loss of form he would've gone to the Euros and probably moved on to a Championship team this summer. As it is, he's extended his contract at County so he has two years to go at the club. We'll be under no pressure to sell - especially as we've just lost Irvine and potentially Davies. However, I can't help but wonder if he's got a release clause in his contract like Jackson did. If he does, and someone like Oxford trigger it then all bets are off.

For what it's worth, I think he'd be better off getting another season under his belt with us. Get his fitness back, score another 20-25 goals and bigger clubs than Oxford will be happy to pay a fee for him next summer. If he leaves now I think he risks getting lost in England like so many other players who've moved south at the wrong time.

All that said, I've neither seen nor heard anything to back up the OP's suggestion. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if Oxford were looking at him.

(07-18-2016, 10:54 AM)Forfinn Wrote: This isn't the most outlandish potential transfer we've seen mentioned on here.

Oxford have just been promoted to League 1 - the league which Will Grigg played last season and he beat Boyce in to the Northern Ireland squad for the Euros, so it wouldn't necessarily be a step back for him internationally.

Oxford are actively looking for a striker after bringing in more than £4m in player transfers recently - http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/146247...ing_squad/

Boyce scored 20 goals for us last season, despite being rubbish from January onwards.  Had it not been for that loss of form he would've gone to the Euros and probably moved on to a Championship team this summer.  As it is, he's extended his contract at County so he has two years to go at the club.  We'll be under no pressure to sell - especially as we've just lost Irvine and potentially Davies.  However, I can't help but wonder if he's got a release clause in his contract like Jackson did.  If he does, and someone like Oxford trigger it then all bets are off.

For what it's worth, I think he'd be better off getting another season under his belt with us.  Get his fitness back, score another 20-25 goals and bigger clubs than Oxford will be happy to pay a fee for him next summer.  If he leaves now I think he risks getting lost in England like so many other players who've moved south at the wrong time.

All that said, I've neither seen nor heard anything to back up the OP's suggestion.  But it wouldn't surprise me at all if Oxford were looking at him.

Did Oxford not just sign Maguire, who was a striker when at Aberdeen?

However, my hope is that when County offered Boycee a new contract, they upped any buy out clause fee when they upped his wages.

If we are going to lose him, hopefully it's for a decent amount that can be used to replace him with!!!

(07-18-2016, 09:59 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Did Oxford not just sign Maguire, who was a striker when at Aberdeen?

However, my hope is that when County offered Boycee a new contract, they upped any buy out clause fee when they upped his wages.

If we are going to lose him, hopefully it's for a decent amount that can be used to replace him with!!!

Would Boyce be that much of a loss?  It's been more than six months since he's been anything approaching effective.  

I'd take £100,000 right now if Oxford did want to sign him, although I suspect the release clause will be at least double that.

Boyce may be suffering more than most for the lack of a central midfield, but he was crap for the whole of the second half of last season too, when we were dominating games and controlling the middle of the park.

If Boyce goes, I doubt it'll be Oxford, they've just signed the excellent Kane Hemmings from Dundee...

(07-30-2016, 10:13 AM)Rocco Wrote: If Boyce goes, I doubt it'll be Oxford, they've just signed the excellent Kane Hemmings from Dundee...

Win Win for us
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager