Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Budapest 2016
No, we're not really...! Give us some time to sober up!
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Quick update since its £1.50 a pint and I dont want to waste much time...

Starting 11 was Fox, Cikos, Davies, Robbo, Van Der Weg, Midge, Irvine, McShane, Dingwall, Curran and Graham. 4-4-2

Curran went off with a leg knock? after only a few mins,  replaced by Boyce.

Subs that came on were Foster, Schalk, Franks, Woods, Routis, but don't quote me on that as with these friendlies it all gets a bit confusing (and no Len on the tannoy).

Entertaining 1st half, Jackson put us ahead with a trademark burst through midfield and lifted ball past keeper. Dingwall and Boyce came close. Boyce was fouled but Graham had resulting pen saved by keeper.
Soroksar levelled with cracking free kick on stroke of HT.
2nd half was a bit of a non-event, constant stoppages due to poor ref and many subs etc. Quite a few hefty challenges and Midge took a burst nose. Boyce perhaps lucky not be sent off for retaliating, thankfully it wasn't another Ketts/Brittain scenario and ban for first game of season.

Highlight for me was Cikos, thought he looked excellent and linked really well with Midge on our right.

Saw highlights earlier on twitter maybe someone could post a link.

I reckon 15 of us there last night. Met the players in the complex after the game (hope we didnt disturb their dinner!) and clear that they'd had a hard week.
Cracking setup at the Globall sport and hotel complex, and Budapest is a stunning city. There's a few pics on twitter and instagram, will definitely be back next year if that's where we're coming.

Good to meet another couple of staggies (John and Mike - can't remember what your names are on here!)

Thanks for that ST, sounds like a tough match which imo makes it a worthwhile exercise preseason.

Great time was had by all. Good to put the faces to some of the names on here.

Highlights link here: http://www.footballtube.com/videos/sorok...--8-7-2016