Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our classy neighbours
Credit where credit is due. From a really really poor start they are on the same number of points as us. ICT don't really seem to get the manager position wrong.

They have done well to come back from a bad start. They ship a lot of goals though. They may have held Celtic last time but i can see it being 4/5-0 this weekend. To Celtic of course.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-hi...s-37849230

A footballer shouted homophobic abuse at a man who had made a racist comment to him, a court has heard.
Josh Meekings, 23, denies causing offences aggravated by sexual orientation prejudice in an Inverness street on 20 December last year.

He was arrested by police officers who heard the Inverness Caledonian Thistle defender's remark to an unidentified man, Inverness Sheriff Court heard.

Sentence was deferred on Meekings for six months for good behaviour.

The incident in Inverness city centre came after Inverness drew 2-2 with Dundee United.
Defence lawyer John MacColl told the court that his client had offered a guilty plea admitting to a confrontation with police.

The court heard that officers saw Meekings "gesticulating aggressively" towards a man and tried to move the player away. The officers then heard footballer's offensive remark.

Mr McColl said of his client's behaviour: "It was conduct in the face of deliberate baiting and vile racist abuse directed at him. His was a spontaneous remark said in the heat of the moment."

Sheriff Gordon Fleetwood told Meekings: "If there is no repeat of this nonsense, then it is open to the court to grant you an absolute discharge which will mean you will not have a criminal record."

If Meekings has not committed any further offences, he was told he did not have to re-appear in court personally on 4 May next year.

Is this normal to get a warning like this from the procurator fiscal, when officers see someone "gesticulating aggressively" and shouting homophobic abuse, or is it just a law for (ict) footballers?   Huh

Away to Hearts. If Hearts put in the level of performance they did against Rangers Ict will get skelped.

Listen to this. My brother and dad are Caley fans sadly(i followed my late granda in supporting the Staggies).

They went to get tickets for the main stand. My brother has to take his 1 year old daughter with him as no one can babysit. They had to pay for her to get in! What a farce of a club. £10 to get a 1 year old in the stadium. Its not as if shes gonna sit there in her own seat. Ridiculous

Joke of a club. He has complained about it of course.

Pretty sure that is the situation for most clubs. Where do you draw the line age wise? You see children as old as 4/5 sitting on there parents lap, but you would expect to pay for them. Don't think Caley did anything wrong here.

They can't expect a 1 year to sit on a seat on her own though. He has had her with him when he had a season ticket in the main stand. If he sat in the north stand she would of got in for free.

(03-20-2017, 02:14 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Pretty sure that is the situation for most clubs. Where do you draw the line age wise? You see children as old as 4/5 sitting on there parents lap, but you would expect to pay for them.  Don't think Caley did anything wrong here.

I've taken my daughter to two county games and she was 4/5 and I wasn't charged a penny. You want to encourage young ones as that's your future season ticket holders!

Tansey the first to leave the sinking ship

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39443714

Good move for him, Aberdeen obviously once again one of the top teams in the country, ICT struggling, can't see it getting much better under Foran. Always looked decent against us, interesting to see where he'll slot into the Dons side.

ICT allegedly having an EGM tonight, Foran's future seems to be the main topic at the meeting, Barry Wilson to be new manager in the championship?

Malpas has rejoined the coaching staff at The Dump, possibly bedding in a replacement for Foran??

I see the SFA have cited a notice of complaint to Lewis Horner over football betting, including an accumulator where he bet against Caley Thistle.

From the Caley statement they don't seem to pleased, but due to new laws within the game, have a duty of care to help him.

Lewis Horner
Sat in a corner
And filled in his fixed odds coupon
A Caley defeat
He thought he would reap
But a County win f--k-d it up for him

(05-10-2017, 10:41 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: Lewis Horner
Sat in a corner
And filled in his fixed odds coupon
A Caley defeat
He thought he would reap
But a County win f--k-d it up for him

John Robertson sat in a corner eating his packed lunch. (big one)
He stuck in his thumb.
Pulled out a plum.
And said what a clever boy am I?
Really?
Time will tell.
First Xmas Turkey, or will he do the business?

Hopefully he won't be so forgetful this time....

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-press...6648746456

Quite surprised with the appointment of JR, it seems that he never applied for the post but was offered it.

Stay classy, Inverness...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-hi...s-41094164

Some of the replies to the ICT statement yesterday, good grief.

https://twitter.com/ICTFC/status/905805694930210816

It was a very poorly written statement, seem to be in a bit of disarray. Pleasing.