Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Votes - 1.9 Average
Former Players & Managers
(01-14-2022, 09:30 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Rangers wanted to sign Harry Clarke;
https://dailycannon.com/2022/01/harry-cl...gers-hibs/
Harry Clarke out with hamstring injury. Karma?

Leo Hjelde came on as a 23rd minute sub in Leeds United's 2-3 win at West Ham on Sunday. He played well and didn't look out of place in the EPL.
He's just 18 year's old!

Josh Reid, has moved down the pecking order as Coventry have signed another LB

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/...r-22795331

Known rapist and unfortunately ex staggie David Goodwillie has signed for Raith and their whole club is imploding.

(02-01-2022, 03:22 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: Known rapist and unfortunately ex staggie David Goodwillie has signed for Raith and their whole club is imploding.

It certainly seems like most of their support is against the signing which is a positive. A number are set to protest outside and boycott the game. Very good to see, hopefully they get the message and he is released. Amazing how often football clubs get these simple decisions incredibly wrong.

It also seems that two directors have quit their role (after voting against signing him), the shirt sponsor has withdrawn, the SLO has resigned from his position, and the woman's captain has also left. Hats off to the lot of them.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

(02-01-2022, 04:46 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: It certainly seems like most of their support is against the signing which is a positive. A number are set to protest outside and boycott the game. Very good to see, hopefully they get the message and he is released. Amazing how often football clubs get these simple decisions incredibly wrong.

It also seems that two directors have quit their role (after voting against signing him), the shirt sponsor has withdrawn, the SLO has resigned from his position, and the woman's captain has also left. Hats off to the lot of them.
I feel for the good people who support Raith who are taking a stand against the signing. The club could genuinely go under with all the sponsors and staff leaving. What crackpot gave that signing a green light my word.

(02-01-2022, 04:46 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: It certainly seems like most of their support is against the signing which is a positive. A number are set to protest outside and boycott the game. Very good to see, hopefully they get the message and he is released. Amazing how often football clubs get these simple decisions incredibly wrong.

‘Simple decisions incredibly wrong’
David Goodwillie made a mistake in his life, and a big mistake and he knows it.
If you don’t believe in giving someone another chance, poor you.
Raith Rovers have signed him for his footballing ability and obviously are a club that believes in giving him another chance - good on you Raith and I hope you stick by your decision and do not give in to the media frenzy, authors, politicians and all those that are obviously perfect.

(02-02-2022, 01:48 AM)DORTAIN Wrote: and all those that are obviously perfect.
He has raped someone. 

Engage your brain before posting something next time.

https://youtu.be/uo1KeobPOoI

I don't think SkySports will often post information to a charity which helps sufferers of rape on their channel.

A mistake is buying orange juice with bits in it, not ruining a life.

(02-02-2022, 01:48 AM)DORTAIN Wrote: ‘Simple decisions incredibly wrong’
David Goodwillie made a mistake in his life, and a big mistake and he knows it.
If you don’t believe in giving someone another chance, poor you.
Raith Rovers have signed him for his footballing ability and obviously are a club that believes in giving him another chance - good on you Raith and I hope you stick by your decision and do not give in to the media frenzy, authors, politicians and all those that are obviously perfect.

I know we've all had our disagreements about Malky Mackay but I thought to myself, "surely no-one on OTB will defend Raith signing David Goodwillie"? Sadly I was wrong.

I doubt anything constructive will come from this, but could you point us to where the bit in bold is evidenced? One of the central points of objection is that he's never admitted his guilt or expressed any remorse for what he did.

(02-02-2022, 09:23 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I know we've all had our disagreements about Malky Mackay but I thought to myself, "surely no-one on OTB will defend Raith signing David Goodwillie"? Sadly I was wrong.

I doubt anything constructive will come from this, but could you point us to where the bit in bold is evidenced? One of the central points of objection is that he's never admitted his guilt or expressed any remorse for what he did.
As I said you and others obviously don’t believe people who get things wrong deserve another chance.
How do you and the other perfect poster above know he has never expressed remorse, how do you know?
Plenty people in life have got things wrong in the past, you and others obviously haven’t, and that’s great for you.
The question is do you believe in forgiveness - simple question- yes or no?

(02-02-2022, 10:40 AM)DORTAIN Wrote: As I said you and others obviously don’t believe people who get things wrong deserve another chance.
How do you and the other perfect poster above know he has never expressed remorse, how do you know?
Plenty people in life have got things wrong in the past, you and others obviously haven’t, and that’s great for you.

HE'S A RAPIST.......

(02-02-2022, 11:37 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: HE'S A RAPIST.......
Is that yes or no?

(02-02-2022, 11:46 AM)DORTAIN Wrote: Is that yes or no?

Yes I'm all for forgiveness and second chances, but I do not believe that convicted rapists should be professional footballers.

(02-02-2022, 12:16 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Yes I'm all for forgiveness and second chances, but I do not believe that convicted rapists should be professional footballers.
Really pleased with your reply Pete- but why shouldn’t he be allowed to be a professional footballer?? Why was there no huge uproar when he played for Clyde for last 5 years? Danny Lennon and Clyde gave him a second chance, we’ll done them, why not Raith?

(02-02-2022, 12:42 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Really pleased with your reply Pete- but why shouldn’t he be allowed to be a professional footballer?? Why was there no huge uproar when he played for Clyde for last 5 years? Danny Lennon and Clyde gave him a second chance, we’ll done them, why not Raith?
There was uproar when he signed for Clyde (albeit smaller due to the fact they were in league 2 and part time) so enough of this revisionist nonsense. A rapist should not be playing professional football simple as that. Disgraceful take defending an actual rapist. I can see why people are okay with Malky being our manager due to the fact he did take courses regarding racism etc. Defending rape however is absolutely insane. Can't quite believe what I'm reading.

(02-02-2022, 10:40 AM)DORTAIN Wrote: As I said you and others obviously don’t believe people who get things wrong

Just think for a second before posting. Please.

He ruined a young woman's life.

I don't know if you are trying to be a bit edgy, in truth I hope you are because if you seriously believe rape is a mistake, you need help.

(02-02-2022, 10:40 AM)DORTAIN Wrote: As I said you and others obviously don’t believe people who get things wrong deserve another chance.
If you don't admit guilt you can hardly show remorse, David Goodwillie has never publicly acknowledged that he raped that lassie. Until he does, no, he doesn't get forgiveness. It's not matter of expecting people to be perfectly behaved but part of being an adult is that after you make a mistake you acknowledge you made it, you learn from it & you work to not do it again. And that's being incredibly trite & comparing what Goodwillie did to "making a mistake".

It's probably true if he accepted guilt that he could be opening himself up to legal proceedings as I'd assume that would mean the Procurator Fiscal's Office would have their necessary corroboration. Well, sorry but facing the consequences of your deeds is part of expressing sincere remorse & the consequences of committing rape are usually jail time.

Forgiveness is nice, it really is. But it's not automatic, when you do something heinous you have to earn forgiveness. Goodwillie hasn't, not even slightly. Honestly though, you don't have to be a "perfect poster" to get to past judgement on a rapist. Not being a rapist is a really bloody low bar to get over.

Rape is one of if not THE worst crime someone can commit. It's life altering. Look at the brave victims who can talk about being raped and their account of it. If you can do that and say 'Goodwillie deserves a second chance' then there's no convincing you.

(02-02-2022, 01:06 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: There was uproar when he signed for Clyde (albeit smaller due to the fact they were in league 2 and part time) so enough of this revisionist nonsense. A rapist should not be playing professional football simple as that. Disgraceful take defending an actual rapist. I can see why people are okay with Malky being our manager due to the fact he did take courses regarding racism etc. Defending rape however is absolutely insane. Can't quite believe what I'm reading.
You obviously have a problem with your reading, take your time and you’ll get there. At no point have I defended rape, it is a horrendous act, so be accurate in your response. He deserves a second chance as does anyone else who has messed up. You obviously have never got things wrong in your life at any point and needed a second chance in anything and that is wonderful for you, but some folks have.

(02-02-2022, 02:43 PM)forkboy Wrote: If you don't admit guilt you can hardly show remorse, David Goodwillie has never publicly acknowledged that he raped that lassie. Until he does, no, he doesn't get forgiveness. It's not matter of expecting people to be perfectly behaved but part of being an adult is that after you make a mistake you acknowledge you made it, you learn from it & you work to not do it again. And that's being incredibly trite & comparing what Goodwillie did to "making a mistake".

It's probably true if he accepted guilt that he could be opening himself up to legal proceedings as I'd assume that would mean the Procurator Fiscal's Office would have their necessary corroboration. Well, sorry but facing the consequences of your deeds is part of expressing sincere remorse & the consequences of committing rape are usually jail time.

Forgiveness is nice, it really is. But it's not automatic, when you do something heinous you have to earn forgiveness. Goodwillie hasn't, not even slightly. Honestly though, you don't have to be a "perfect poster" to get to past judgement on a rapist. Not being a rapist is a really bloody low bar to get over.
You have no idea about whether he has shown remorse or not, absolutely none -  why should he have to show it publicly. I assume you must have made some errors in your life?? - have you gone public with your remorse- have you?? Have you gone public with how you’ve ‘earned forgiveness’ - have you?? As you say rightfully, ‘forgiveness is nice’ .

(02-02-2022, 02:13 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Just think for a second before posting. Please.

He ruined a young woman's life.

I don't know if you are trying to be a bit edgy, in truth I hope you are because if you seriously believe rape is a mistake, you need help.
I’m amazed you’re still posting on here- you’re the guy who was encouraging people to rip up their season tickets when we appointed the new manager, hoping sponsors would now pull out and on and on you go- nothing positive, all you see is the past in people, -  The real world is that we’ve all said things we shouldn’t have, we’ve all done things we shouldn’t have, but there is forgiveness available- yes even for folk like your good self , please have a reality check.

So rape is okay if you say sorry. Got it.