Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Points goals & other stats
Hearing that it may be today....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

ICT have been drawn Hearts in their first game, hold on, wait that's not right Smile

Hearts and Aberdeen are good away days, so hopefully they are Saturdays (or the final Sunday) and the Wednesday 11th evening game is Celtic away.

(04-11-2016, 02:38 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Hearts and Aberdeen are good away days, so hopefully they are Saturdays (or the final Sunday) and the Wednesday 11th evening game is Celtic away.

I'd be happy with that.... Shy

Or maybe since Davies and Woods are suspended for the first game, we'd be as well getting Celtic out of the way..

(04-11-2016, 03:47 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Or maybe since Davies and Woods are suspended for the first game, we'd be as well getting Celtic out of the way..

Is it definitely likely to be Celtic away - that would be three away days to Parkhead?

(04-11-2016, 09:25 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Is it definitely likely to be Celtic away - that would be three away days to Parkhead?

That seems to be the consensus, but of course nothing definite until the fixtures are eventually released. 
Celtic had to come here 3 times in season 2012-13.

(04-12-2016, 08:38 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: That seems to be the consensus, but of course nothing definite until the fixtures are eventually released. 
Celtic had to come here 3 times in season 2012-13.

Definitely avoid the first away day to Celtic - a Sunday as well Sad

A quick scan of our league results in 2016:

W4 D3 L9

At home:

Won 2 Lost 6
Scored 6 Conceded 17

Yes the season has been a success, but that is abysmal home form.

jimbo has work to do
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Points-per-game in the league:

County have 27 points from 27 games, so 1ppg is par.  You wouldn't expect a huge variance from 1ppg if players have been playing most of the season.

Of those who have made 15 or more league appearances this season:

1.13ppg: Craig Curran, Andrew Davies
1.10ppg: Chris Routis
1.08ppg: Alex Schalk
1.05ppg: Jay McEveley
1.04ppg: Liam Boyce
1ppg: Scott Fox, Michael Gardyne, Ryan Dow
0.96ppg: Kenny WdV
0.95ppg: Tim Chow
0.91ppg: Marcus Fraser
0.86ppg: Martin Woods
0.72ppg: Paul Quinn

I cut it off at 15 apps. Jonathan Franks and Tony Dingwall have 14 apps each and would top the chart at 1.21 and 1.14 respectively.  Quinn has 18 apps.

(03-07-2017, 02:15 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Points-per-game in the league:

County have 27 points from 27 games, so 1ppg is par.  You wouldn't expect a huge variance from 1ppg if players have been playing most of the season.

Of those who have made 15 or more league appearances this season:

1.13ppg: Craig Curran, Andrew Davies
1.10ppg: Chris Routis
1.08ppg: Alex Schalk
1.05ppg: Jay McEveley
1.04ppg: Liam Boyce
1ppg: Scott Fox, Michael Gardyne, Ryan Dow
0.96ppg: Kenny WdV
0.95ppg: Tim Chow
0.91ppg: Marcus Fraser
0.86ppg: Martin Woods
0.72ppg: Paul Quinn

I cut it off at 15 apps. Jonathan Franks and Tony Dingwall have 14 apps each and would top the chart at 1.21 and 1.14 respectively.  Quinn has 18 apps.

Wow John you really love a stat don't you?

What exactly is that meant to prove apart from you don't have a girlfriend and are 92.7% likely to remain that way!

Fair play for compiling it though. Everyone loves a trier!  Tongue

It's meaningless for players that are playing each week or virtually every week as they are biund to be around the average but the stats show there appears to be a significant improvement in results when Davies is playing for example. Conversely we do not appear to do so well when Quinn and dare I say Woods are on the field.
The stats do not take into account the standard of the opposition and thus might be stronger with being weighted to reflect this.
For example if Davies say missed a couple of Celtic games, Aberdeen away etc. his average under a straight points per game you would expect to be higher.
It is interesting stuff!

Brick 
The closer a player is to the top of the list, the more influential they are in winning us points. Very roughly.

Except that there are some other variables (see Strathglass), so this exercise probably only has statistical significance after a good number of games have been played (say 27 or more). 

Much as I would have liked more p from several recent games,
1ppg overall is not too shabby IMHO. 

How are our players' goal-scoring charts doing? 

Liam is still third top scorer in the league
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Sc...op_scorers.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(03-07-2017, 04:38 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: What exactly is that meant to prove apart from you don't have a girlfriend and are 92.7% likely to remain that way!

Probably for the best; my wife would throttle me otherwise.

Transfermarkt.co.uk did all of the heavy lifting. It's a useful site and Les will get goal and assist records from there.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ross-coun...SC1%262016

It's not meant to prove anything, but I think it's interesting that it suggests of those players who haven't played nearly every game, some have had it better than others this season.  It's not definitive by any extent: Franks and Dingwall have high ppg but neither have a goal or assist this season.

Strathglass uses Andrew Davies as an example.  It turns out he has the second-highest minutes played in the squad and still has among the highest ppg, so the team must not do very well when he is absent.

Brick 
Do I have to do EVERYTHING myself?

Boyce       13    and 3 assists
Schalk        5    and 3 assists
Curran       3
McEveley   3
Routis       2
Davies      1   and 2 assists
Woods      1   and 5 assists
Burke       1   and 3 assists

Shock Note: Woods is not useless after all.  Heart
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(03-07-2017, 08:33 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Probably for the best; my wife would throttle me otherwise.

Transfermarkt.co.uk did all of the heavy lifting. It's a useful site and Les will get goal and assist records from there.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ross-coun...SC1%262016

It's not meant to prove anything, but I think it's interesting that it suggests of those players who haven't played nearly every game, some have had it better than others this season.  It's not definitive by any extent: Franks and Dingwall have high ppg but neither have a goal or assist this season.

Strathglass uses Andrew Davies as an example.  It turns out he has the second-highest minutes played in the squad and still has among the highest ppg, so the team must not do very well when he is absent.

Ha ha. I was just pulling your leg anyway.

I love a stat as much as the next geek!

Keep plagiarising other people's good work  Tongue

(03-07-2017, 08:47 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Do I have to do EVERYTHING myself?

Curran       3
McEveley   3
Routis       2

It'd be surprising if he didn't have the highest number of assists - that's his  job in the team.

What's also not surprising but still pretty shocking ( I know others disagree ) is that our top scorer has almost more goals than the rest of the team put together. All of them, apart from one against DUtd in the cup were scored last year.( He's scored 14 with that cup one btw) The last 8 games he hasn't scored - we've lost most of them - and he's not being played as a striker !! Yes he's got some nice touches on the ball but we need  him banging in the goals. If he were still scoring regularly I could understand it but he's not. Maybe someone on here can enlighten me

Curran       3
McEveley   3
Routis       2

Davies should be scoring more when he goes up for set pieces imo.

Curran       3
McEveley   3
Routis       2

Interesting.

Curran needs to score more, we would probably be bottom without Boyce's amazing first half of the season goal tally, Davies could score a few more from set pieces, great assist record from Woods.

Where on earth are our wingers? It shows the impact Burke had, that's very good stats considering he only played a few games. Our wingers must start contributing regularly with goals and assists.